Why did China stop advancing Sup Forums?

Why did China stop advancing Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_dynasty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_and_Southern_dynasties
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Kingdoms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_voyages
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(1839)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Opium

the han people were conquered a couple of times.

They reached the level cap

Mongols and their descendants

Nah, they stopped in 1700s. You only came kicking the dying man anyway.

This is the only reasonable explanation so far

European ((Merchants))) started subverting the country.

The Chinese were better than the Europeans in agriculture and medicine , but inferior when it comes to military technology and hence the Europeans forced the Chinese to grant them trade privileges and sing crappy deals at the point of the gun(Or cannon in this case). Later on those free trade loving merchants also started dealing with drugs in China with the intention of getting the population addicted so that they could enslave them further.

The Chinese emperors tried to resist but were defeated(The Opium war is a good example) , the Chinese have learned from these past experiences and are now doing the same to us , but instead of using advanced weaponry , they use their control on the means of production(Since almost everything is made in China , they get a really big advantage when it comes to bargaining).

> mfw Jews literally ruined China as well

Liao, Jin, Yuan (Mongol), Qing are the conquest dynasties
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_dynasty

No one to blame but themselves for military inefficiencies. They had a major headstart with gunpowder.

>Emperor: Hmm... nice ships we have.
>Eurnuchs: Waste of money, burn it all down!
>Emperor: OK.

It's the fault of the dickless faggots at court.

Cut off from Aryan influence.

They atleast had the foresight to maintain which definitely command respect.

communism

>stop advancing
well when you have 40+ ethnic groups infighting its hard to maintain a balance and control over all territories

Opium trade led to stagnation within society and disrupted commerce, also one ruler dictating thousands early on leads to limitations in innovation

aside that ww2 and capitalism vs communism infighting also occurred and set back progess

Great Leap forward and famine swept china and killed a large percent of the populace on top of killing alot of intellectuals and people with a general iq above 90

my grandpa pretty much surmised the period as an era of deceit and lies, people sold out long term friends that held power or were in better standing to the communist party so that they themself could advance

this lead to a large share of doctors, businessmen and innovators to flee china to taiwan and support Chiang kai shek

really interesting period, but Chinas kinda coming out on top since the populace is comprised of fucking hive mind ideology

>confucianism

FTFY

Taiwan is real China

Communism

hows that a bad thing??

You want a real answer?

Speaking from an ideological standpoint, Confucianism does not believe in the concept of progress or evolution, instead purporting a natural static order that must be adhered to.

Europeans by contrast were locked in such
devastating wars for dominance that demanded the adoption of technological progress, the pressure of which combined with the fundamentally individualistic nature of Christianity allowed for the development of the sciences.

Confucianism is not much different from catholicism.
Obey your elders. Obey the rulers. The ruler rules by grace of god/mande from heaven, be content with your place in life as it is the will of god/will from heaven.

I don't know, but they need to get their asses working on building Africa.

just read this. it explains pretty much everything about the chinese

also

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_and_Southern_dynasties

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Kingdoms

they never had any outwards ambition and instead focused on and got embroiled in squabbles within china

Confucianism and Catholicism differ drastically in that Catholicism was designed for slaves and oppressed subjects and had no opinion either way on how a society should be governed, only on how individuals conduct themselves. Confucianism by contrast is a deeply hierarchical system (ie: not individual) that directs not only what individuals should do, but towns, kingdoms and entire socieities.

The Qing Dynasty (literal horse nomads) conquered Ming in the mid 15 century. They scrapped firearms development and weapons because it was too costly to maintain. Ming had kept up with Europeans in terms of gunpowder weapons until the invention of flintlock (unlike the common belief that all the Chinese made wre shitty rockets/fireworks). They even had huge amounts of firearm infantry. The Qing Manchus also ruled over the Han to such a degree that they made the men wear those shitty bald pony-tail haircuts.

The people talking about Confucianism need to remember that the Chinese already thought Confucianism failed to keep order after the fall of the Han dynasty (three kingdoms thing). Which is why neo-Confucianism (Buddhist influences) came to being during the Song dynasty with a lot of Buddhist growth too.

Short version: Qing fucked up China's technological progression

yeah, the chinese got cucked royally hard by the manchus to the point that the Han Chinese don't actually know what their native clothing even looked like outside of old paintings.

they actually just sound like theyre pretty emotionless ... so, this seems fine to me...

Confucianism is very different from catholicism. Confucianism is a code of ethics designating the five relationships and how they should be. You follow Confucianism as a matter of honor and duty. Not because you'll go to hell if you don't. Follow the principles of Confucianism and you'll bring honor to you and your ancestors.

The Mandate of Heaven is in hindsight, very different from Catholicism. You lose the Mandate of Heaven when something bad happens, like your empire is overthrown, which legitimizes every coup and invasion.

Did the writer know at that period China was fighting a Civil War? After it had been invaded by several other nations?

because its filled with chinks

don't mistake chinks for japs, chinks are third world nigger tier always have been always will be

The mentality of most Chinese is to not fight, not necessarily out of cowardice or incompetence, but apathy. There had been so many wars fighting for the throne, the average person stopped giving a shit about who gets it and will just fly whatever banner Beijing tells them to. At the end of the day, the blood spilled is meaningless, and society returns to harmony, until the next ambitious man attempts the crown.

Glass

BORING

Guns disappointed the entire nation

What do you mean China stopped advancing? Are you retarded? China's a hell of a lot better than America.

chinese STILL act like that though. whats your excuse for that?

>don't strain the state by expanding beyond what can be defended.
>read the art of war nigger.

As a chink from shanghai, this is the fucking reality.

>cyberpunk/dystopian theme
That looks like a cool place to live if it didnt give you cancer.

The people in positions of power were those best at memorizing poetry

>Why did China stop advancing Sup Forums?

Chairman Mao slaughtered 10's of millions of educated intellectuals - enemies of the state like doctors and teachers.

The only reason China when from 100% shit to 75% shit is by adopting capitalist reform.

Will they ever hit 50% shit? we'll see.

>leaders in genetic reseach and human cloning
>stopped advancing

I don't think the word advancing means what you think it means, user.

If you're really from China, show your flag

This. I hate to blame whitey for everything (and in this case I'm actually glad it happened), but the British set China back a couple hundred years with the Opium Wars, and that was a straight-up CIA style drug-running national subversion operation-- the chinks didn't even know what hit them.

Kind of pround of my English ancestors desu

Although now the tables have turned a bit and China got all their precious metals back that the bureaucrats originally gave away to fund their drug habits

>qing conquered ming in mid 15 century
What the fuck? You are off by 2 centuries.

They slowly went from 100% white to 5% white over the course of 1000 years from 500BC to 500AD, due to one-way immigration from the north.

You're referring to the GDP growth?

Mathematically impossible to maintain 10% or better growth per year. That's the entire GDP of a country doubling in just 7 years. Requires everything else doubling to keep up: population, companies, production, etc.

Has to inevitably slow, but even 1-2% growth is pretty huge when you're talking about a 11 trillion a year economy.

I was actually off by 1 century. It actually was actually the early 1600s.

>2013
Meanwhile in your Pajeet capital

this

Also it's 4 in the morning.

Because it didn't have competence.

cause they don't embrace renaissance

this

Im a overseas chink and i'm not going to show my flag.
Besides, Sup Forums is fucking banned in china, you have to use VPN to shitpost anyway.

Not here we don't. Environmental influence is a possibility, when parents don't nurture their children right.

stay out of Vancouver

I still wonder about this to this day. I think overpopulation and the degradation of values has something to do with it. A lot of people on Sup Forums seem to forget that the Chinese had very impressive and influential empires and dynasties and rulers. But like Britain they just kind of went...plop.

Manchuniggers

TOO MANY CHINKS

seriously, the over abundance of labor disincentivized any technological advances. They had man pulled carts as transportation as late as the 20th century with rick shaws etc.

Too busy trying to feed their bajillions.

And I wouldn't say they've stopped advancing. They should be by now the number one economy on this planet.

How about you stay out of our taiwan island little 22k-man?

It also desensitized human suffering. The "Asians are emotionless" meme is true for some but it's not genetic. It's because when you live in a collectivist society of 1 billion+ people, it's pretty damn hard to care about anything. Especially not your shit life in your shit shack next to shit neighbors who shit on the floor. Discipline and honor /were/ a thing in Chinese culture, but not anymore. They literally bred their humanity out of themselves. Japan is lucky that they have a declining population because otherwise they'd go that route. Same with Korea.

Big ass mountains in the west
Big ass jungle in the south west
Big ass desert in the north west

Also, the dumb cunts ended the treasure voyages instead of investing in their navy like Britain did. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_voyages

Ming and Qing dynasties were focused on high culture and not economics and military like the Song or Tang dynasties
Also the Yuan dynasty kinda ruined East Asian societal mentality in the long run, i think it's still why they tend to be much more xenophobic even though it happened 700 years ago

Have you actually been there? somethings are good but some other suck big time like shitty restricted slow Internet.

Fucking Yuan trash.

Jia Sidao did nothing wrong.

Someone redpill me on this, i remember reading in my basic high school history text book, that one of the factors that helped play to the europeans advantage was their naval superiority, and how they could navigate the rivers of china unopposed, Real, or fake? Or only a small factor?

They ate the good people.

Real. The Chinese had no counter to British ironclads.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(1839)

I just wish they had the pride and honor to manufacture those metals well.
Chink steel stinks.

When are you guys going to make another play for Taiwan ffs? Seriously, kick off WW3 already I'm bored.

The Song dynasty will endure ten thousand years.

Christianity was rejected

>The Chinese were better than the Europeans in agriculture
>What is the loess plateau

terrifying

After working with several Asians I can honestly say many are like this. They have no empathy.

Fun china fact: more people died in china than literally anywhere ever. Most of the people who died on earth were chinese.

damn. that's freaking disgusting.