Is Yamada the greatest female director of our time?

Is Yamada the greatest female director of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1clXIw0U0oQ
imgur.com/a/oyLSD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but who is Yamada?

>female
Her being female doesn't have anything to do with her job. But she is one of the top 4 currently working anime directors.

I never said it had, retard. Why did you take offence?

Gary Johnson, pls.

by specifying it, you imply that

Because saying the word female will trigger polacks and GGers to shitpost the thread.

>who is Ishizuka?
>who is Matsumoto?

Come on, OP.

Yes, but given the current competition that's not exactly saying much is it

If that's how you took it... well I am telling you now that I didn't imply anything.

Her absence from Hibikek S2 is glaring.

Judging the greatest female director while Choi is still only doing episode direction is pointless.

They are bellow Yamada to be honest.

Sayo Yamamoto is better

What does Yamada bring to the table that's specific to her work? She strikes me as an incredibly generic director.

>>who is Ishizuka?
A could-have-been who inexplicably works only on mediocre-to-shit projects.

>Turns koe no katachi into Kyoani's best selling movie
>Hibike turns into shit without her

>turns into
>implying

Her direction on those projects is still top notch, she's just doing whatever Madhouse throws at her.

Honestly she's just different. Her work reminds me of a Live director like Rodrigo Prieto than any anime director bar Takahata. See the Tamako losing her lenses scene in TLS and tell me that's generic.

She back to direct Ep 9 so at least the third book won't be as shit.

Taichi Ogawa's episode was great, and Kigami has an episode next.

Really? Her works are anything but generic. Technically, framing and body language. She's one of the few directors that don't direct like anime directors or rely on the tropes we're all used to like info-dumping and the like. Worldbuilding is another thing, she makes sure the viewer learns something new about the world and characters in each episode, this can be seen mostly in Tamako Market, nothing feels staged or scripted.

Not saying these things are unique to her, but she's definitely above 80% of her colleagues. If anything she's just not as diverse, she likes directing seemingly simple character driven stories, but when you compare her works with other similar character driven SoLs her stuff is obviously much more polished.

It's honestly not as solid as S1. Many people felt unhappy about the whole buildup and climax of the Mizore/Nozomi arc.

Y A M A D A
A
M
A
D
A

Can I marry her

She already is married.

She's probably used by the old men on KyoAni's board of directors. How else do you think she got to direct a series in her mid-20s?

What's a... Leppo?

That's not Moriwaki Makoto.

Why did Satoshi Kon have to die

When are we getting Koe no Katachi subs?

next year. The BD will have English subs too.

source?

Leave Yamada to me.

Nah, thats Rie Matsumoto

Yamada is overrated and only mentioned since there are not many good female directors to begin with. Every single male director in KyoAni is better, and Fujino seem to become a better female director than Yamada.

If Yamamoto is so great, why is Yuri's production collapsing already?

She looks like a tumblr feminist

When are we getting a new Matsumoto project? When is Trigger going to headhunt her?

Matsumoto is no longer good ever since leaving Toei.

Yamada is playing easy mode being on Kyoani.

Mappa is a really shitty studio, but who cares, Yuri will probably sell over 30k and the merch among the fujos will be huge. They don't really care about the visual quality as long as there's gay shit.

She's done one show since then, and it was good you fag.

At least it waited until episode 2 for QUALITY.

Considering skatters all over the world started watching Yuri on Ice I would be very embarrassed if I was Mappa.

At least Hibike's production recovered after episode 1 which clearly was made parallel with Koe no Katachi. Yuri's production on the other hand is clearly heading for imminent collapse.

The show will be banned in russia as propaganda of LGBT to minors.

>At least Hibike's production recovered after episode 1
What?

It's been a downward slope this whole season.

>...

You do not belong here.

Do you actually believe that or are you just parroting rumors around? You don't even watch Yuri on Ice do you?

Continue baiting and maybe someone will believe you.

I believe him.

Episode 2 was on par with S1, episode 3 was mostly pans and flapping mouths but not QUALITY per se, episode 4 was also on par with S1, or close to it.

The following episodes do not have the obvious composite mistakes of the first nor do they have as many key animators. Hibike's latest episode looked the best in the show so far and it looked really polished.

Compare with Yuri and you'll see more animation directors and studios credited for second key animation with each passing episode.

Wow a whole lot of nothing going on in every one of these scenes once again. Not sure why you don't just wait until some actually interesting or meaningful scenes happen. But I guess knowing Hibike they never will.

I don't know if you made that, but you should replace the bottom right. That cg looks really bad.

Choi can go fuck herself.
Yuasa was better with Mihara.

>Kigami has an episode next
>co-storyborded by Ishihara
>2 animation directors are newbies
>supposedly the kansai tournament episode
It's going to be a disaster.

I'm watching it and it's really enjoyable, but it's clearly a rough production. The skating scenes are getting less polished and there are differences in drawings between the Crunchyroll and TV broadcasts due to the former getting the video sent earlier. The TV version of the latest episode had more corrections.

I mean, since sequels are guaranteed to make less anyway, why not throw rookies at it.

Even if the 2 new ADs fall short, Kigami's good enough to correct their work.

>Kyoani getting BTFO by based Pierrot on a weekly basis once again

How can KyoAni compete?

What went wrong with Choi and Mihara?

TYBSP

no matsumoto rei is
no memes please

Rumors? The production has been confirmed as a failure, people were shitting on Crunchyroll for "censoring" the latest episode but they ended up explaining that since production is so rough, Mappa is falling behind schedule and providing unfinished versions to stations that need the show earlier. They're literally working on the clock, probably finishing up next episode as we speak.

Choi wanted Flash-tween animation.
ScienceSaru literally ruined Shinchan movie 2015 with their Flash shit.

It's hard to compete with Osamu Kobayashi's genius.

>Mappa is falling behind schedule and providing unfinished versions to stations that need the show earlier. They're literally working on the clock, probably finishing up next episode as we speak.
Gonna need sauce on that

She's been mentioned a couple of times, but I still prefer Ishizuka.

Girlish Number

>Watching filler episodes

Animation/art quality has nothing to do with directing ability. It's due to budget and scheduling issues, which aren't her fault anyway.

the 2 episodes of naruto filler we've gotten is unironically 10x better than the entirety of hibike

When she's doing film I'll watch her works. No one else is doing film so I guess Yamada wins.

>using Shinkai's tweet to shill for Koe no Katachi
Heh.
youtube.com/watch?v=1clXIw0U0oQ

She did a precure movie a while back. I watched it just to say I'd seen everything she's directed.

on the changes?
imgur.com/a/oyLSD

I actually watched that and it wasn't half bad. Nothing as ambitious as KnK or TLS though.

It was very early work for her, and something that was likely produced mostly by committee. I expect any film she did today would have more of the weight she imbues to action.

No noticeable drop in quality.

>bottom left
she gay?

Fucking retards on this board.

Didn't know it was directed by her, no wonder why the show has this cheap novela/dorama feel.

Yamada is unit director for Hibike S2, so barely involved in comparison to S1. Meaning she is only on "secondary tasks main director doesnt have tim e to do" errand girl.

And its seen with S2 being noticable better than S1 due to Yamada interference and Ishihare having proper reign.

The drop in Yuri is more subtle than your average QUALITY show. After episode 1, scenes have been more static, as they're not drawing scenes from different shots and perspectives, they're re-using animation, mouths don't match with the voice, and newer performances look sloppier.

>Comparing a whole season to 4 episodes of a sequel.

It's literally right there in the image, she's doing the exact same thing she already did in season 1. Why bother lying when it's right there?

>being this retarded

I will never unsee the beard in the thumbnail

The fact that you can't even read makes you the retard.

The only fact here is that you're a fag, how about that little faggot boy?

Not him, but I actually rather liked that scene. The CG was really surprisingly seamless.

Wait, why is this happening?

Yeah, I noticed it got better.

>Their ace
>Easy mode
It's more like everyone around her is on easy mode when she's in charge. You'll never see something like Phantom world's cat episode with her.

Don't try to twist my point, faggot. You know what i'm talking about.

This

They should just make her only do movies

At least the three other main directors allow creativity