Kimi no Na wa

>Funimation to screen Kimi no Na wa. with English subtitles from December 2-8 for Oscar qualifying run

>Will debut at Los Angeles’ Laemmle Music Hall Theater

>Wider North American release to follow in 2017

>Will also screen in the UK, Ireland, and Australia on November 24 and New Zealand on December 1

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/28-1/funimation-prepares-your-name-for-oscar-qualification-screenings

You gonna buy your tickets Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-28/a-silent-voice-uk-cinema-release/.108221
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not in euro
this is why we cant have nice things

They are just trying to get an Oscar nomination, thats why they are opening in LA in December

>Will also screen in the UK and Ireland on November 24

Um, user? Just because Brexit happened doesn't mean the UK isn't in Europe.

If they would only screen this in the rest of Europe too. But sadly after how bad most non disney/pixar animation movies do in the box office i don't see that ever happening.
I want to see this movie in the cinema so badly.

It's going to come out in France and other countries too, just look it up.

Isn't it just big countries? couldn't' see any Scandinavian countries.

>Zootopia by (((Disney)))
>2nd highest grossing film of 2016
>98% positive on RT
>social justice theme
>people who vote in Oscars don't watch animated films

It's already been decided. Why are they even trying?

Its a shitty romance movie for women.

Yes.
Come to CANADA

Disney wins regardless of how well they do, it was abysmal that in 2015 Big Hero 6 won over other better titles it was competing against, like Song of the sea, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya and even How to Train Your Dragon 2.

No, not watching this trash

God damn it I always associate that stupid poster with Keit-Ai.

And everyone will forget about Zootopia when Moana comes out. Yiff in hell furfag.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Funi is screening it early so it's in time for Oscar season. It'll come to the rest of Europe soon. Fly to London for a weekend if you wanna see it so badly.

You're gonna have to wait till early 2017 if you're in Canada.

Quads confirm.

knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/

Even the fucking Lego Movie was better than that glorified capeshit.

It's your money user. Nobody's forcing you to. Doesn't change the fact that you have shit taste in anime.

>watching an anime about transgender

Confirmed for having not even seen the movie.

Keit-ai is already a movie. Your post has been DMCA'd by Makoto Shinkai, Toho, and Funimation.

myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa

Agreed 100%.

>UK

Not to mention Koe no Katachi is getting cinema a release here.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-28/a-silent-voice-uk-cinema-release/.108221

What if it flops in the U.S.? Will meme magic die?

>Book of Life
>Lego Movie
>Tale of Princess Kaguya
>All lost to BH6

I fucking liked the film and I'm STILL mad.

Flop? It's gonna be a limited screening in one theater for one week with multiple small screenings next year. It's not gonna be in every theater nationwide.

>Dubs G-Ai

Patrick Bateman falls in love with his dubs.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with dub-finding bot. Never minding the strange repeating digits, he immediately uses it, and is overjoyed to find out that the dubs have a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in more dubs getting ways, he instead acquires singles. Confused by these turn of events, the Wall Street businessman investigates and finds out that the dubs he made is not the same dubs he fell in love with. In fact, the dubs don't exist in this universe at all. They are dubs from an alternate universe, who has fallen in love with the MC's own psycho self, who too is blissfully unaware of their crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While they shitpost all over Sup Forums, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DUBS.

They are airing it in Spain and I think that's europe

I don't blame you. The reason Disney wins every year is because while the people in charge of nominating each of the movies do have a grasp of good filmmaking and do watch every single one of the movies they nominate, the people who vote for each of the nominations are completely fucking clueless and don't even bother watching any of the movies.

Instead they just arbitrarily pick what's popular. For animated movies in particular, they don't give a fuck and either say "Fuck it. Give it to Disney again.", or just leave their vote blank.

Unfortunately, because it's not Disney handling the release it'll never come to my city's theaters.

Where do you live?

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 6 weeks
>has surpassed Miyazaki's The Wind Rises as #5 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 12.8 billion yen to surpass Jurassic Park and Star Wars Episode I in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

Wichita Falls

>Oscara

Hahaha, this will never win it.

Either that furry movie or Moana will win it.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 8 weeks, 9 weekends
>has surpassed Miyazaki's Ponyo as #4 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 16.41 billion yen and counting to surpass James Cameron's Avatar in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>now projected to possibly approach 20 billion yen (US$200 million).

FTFY

It'll probably play in Dallas when the time comes so why not just drive their and spend a weekend up their traveling?

I really wish Funimation would stop buying up all these otherwise respectable film licenses. it really fucking hurts their marketability when a halfassed distributor just sits on the rights and doesn't or just can't put due effort into actually selling it to a general audience.

>How to Train Your Dragon 2
That was fucking shit

Yep just how everyone forgot about Inside Out after The Good Dinosaur was released right?

Good thing every animated feature released in the US this year was better than Your Name or else I would be really upset (Storks, Sausage Party and Norm of the North won't be nominated so don't even bother)

Cannot wait to watch this masterpiece.

The problem is that nobody expected Kimi no Na wa. to be THIS good or do THIS well. Even with Shinkai's previous notoriety, it's Japan's biggest smash hit in history.

Realistically Funimation is the best choice to license and distribute this film. They knew at the very least that Shinkai is a respected filmmaker so they jumped on the opportunity early and are now ecstatic that they have a potential Oscar nominee in their arsenal.

When Disney got Spirited Away, they were actually squandering it in the beginning. They were a whole year late in bringing it to Western theaters, they marketed it less than their B-films, and they only screened it in 151 theaters.

It was a miracle that Spirited Away won an Oscar that year since Disney was focused on promoting Lilo and Stitch and weren't even trying to promote Spirited Away at first.

If Disney got Kimi no Na wa., they would squander it too. Funimation on the other hand is actually TRYING to get people to see this.

>it's Japan's biggest smash hit in history

It's #4 so that means Miyazaki still has one over him.

Why would you even make that comparison? The Good Dinosaur was fucking garbage and Inside Out was actually good. Zoophilia is overrated SJW pandering furryshit while Moana looks like it'll actually be worth the hype.

>going to the movies, ever

It's #4 and counting with no signs of slowing down. It made 10 Billion Yen 9 days faster than Frozen, which is #3 in Japan's all time box office, and only slightly behind Titanic.

At the rate it's going, Your Name will surpass Frozen and Titanic, and will come VERY CLOSE to Spirited Away.

Why don't you like going to the movies user?

I hate people.

>The problem is that nobody expected Kimi no Na wa. to be THIS good
>Kimi no Na wa
>good
Also Funi gets Hosada films, they don't give two shits about quality just notoriety and they'll never win because they just don't have the resources like Disney to push something like Your Name which appeal is mostly limited to Japan much like all of Shinkai's films.

>It was a miracle that Spirited Away won an Oscar that year since Disney was focused on promoting Lilo and Stitch and weren't even trying to promote Spirited Away at first.
Nope. They pushed Spirited Away over Lilo and Stitch because of Lasseter and it was his insistence over it and the success of the film why they went to license the rest of the Ghibli catalog or at least the Miyazaki films. They had no faith in Lilo and Stitch to begin with.

What's popular in Japan isn't necessarily popular in other countries. That's why the USA doesn't have wide releases of Doraemon movies.

Could you say for certain that Kimi no Na wa would be able to bring in profit from a significant among of film geeks and normalfags that is needed to be a smash hit in the USA for instance?

>1 hr and 30 min away by car
>don't have a car

>Your Name will surpass Frozen and Titanic, and will come VERY CLOSE to Spirited Away.

Has meme magic gone too far?

>while Moana looks like it'll actually be worth the hype.
You're basing this off nothing. It'll more likely be as mediocre and forgettable as Frozen and Big Hero 6. In fact Your Name is pretty much another Frozen, a mediorce film that only gets praised due to how much money it made.
>What's popular in Japan isn't necessarily popular in other countries.
THANK YOU! Despite how much Funi tried to push Hosoda as the next Miyazaki none of his films have garnered the same about or praise or even a fraction as popular as Miyazaki worldwide because his films lack that appeal to anyone unless you're Japanese. Remember when Shinkai tried to do a Miyazaki film and it fell flat on his face? Of course you don't because I guarantee most people who praise Your Name have never actually seen his previous works.

Take an Uber.

>Remember when Shinkai tried to do a Miyazaki film and it fell flat on his face?
I do because Kanemoto Hisako's voice was cute as fuck in that film.

Get in.

>Your Name is pretty much another Frozen, a mediorce film that only gets praised due to how much money it made.
Here's your (You).

>dropping at least $100 to see a chinese cartoon

Fuck off.

You wouldn't? Fucking pleb.

>B-b-b-b-but IT'S SO PWETTY IT MUST BE GOOD

RARE
A
R
E

Sup Forums is going to shit on this film so hard when it gets released on BD

Yes I know that. That's why Spirited Away didn't receive that much marketing since Disney didn't have much faith in it. It was a complete miraculous anomaly that Spirited Away won an Oscar. Even if Disney backed Kimi no Na wa. it still wouldn't be enough for it to win an Oscar. The odds of another miracle happening are slim. But Funimation is at least giving their best effort to promote it while Disney probably wouldn't even care. Get it now?

>the highest grossing meme of all time

>I-I-IT CAN'T ACTUALLY BE DOING SO WELL BECAUSE IT'S GOOD!
I saw the movie at Anime Expo and it is good faggot. Why don't you actually watch the movie and make up your own mind instead of reading a synopsis from Wikipedia?

God bless Pixiv for all the adorable fucking fanart they're making of this movie.

I thought she cut her hair.

Fanart.

Being Murrica is suffering. Fuck it. Guess I'll just wait for the BD rips.

>That's why Spirited Away didn't receive that much marketing
> 151 theaters showing the film in 2002
That's more than most anime film releases or any Funimation release including their top selling title Dragonball Ressurection of F recieved
>It was a complete miraculous anomaly that Spirited Away won an Oscar
Stop spouting this horseshit. Spirited Away received very little marketing...compared to other Disney releases but it was still being backed by them and Lasseter.
> Even if Disney backed Kimi no Na wa. it still wouldn't be enough for it to win an Oscar.
It would actually get nominated. Your Name's chances is slim largely due to the lack of word of the mouth for it. Do you really think The Wind Rises would have even gotten a nomination if not for Disney backing it? Winning is impossible because if Brave, Frozen and Big Hero 6 showed us is that Hollywood goes for the most popular.
>But Funimation is at least giving their best effort to promote it
And guess what? Evangelion 2.0, Summer Wars, Wolf Children and Beast and Boy were not nominated

>I saw the movie at Anime Expo and it is good faggot.

You were one of these faggots?

>And guess what? Evangelion 2.0, Summer Wars, Wolf Children and Beast and Boy were not nominated

Tbf the first two are fucking dogshit

Yes. Got a problem with that faggot?

How about they screen Koe no Katachi in the US instead

>used goods

They just showed it in Edinburgh. And it's coming all over UK. I think they showed it in France too.

It'll get here eventually. Be patient user.

>You will never drink your waifu's fermented spit sake.
Just kill me now...

>That's why the USA doesn't have wide releases of Doraemon movies.
Please use your brain before you post.

It's a pretty good (not the great j/o fest it's been sold as, but good) film with conventional themes and ideas that should work internationally. It's just foreign enough in some places to work but not so foreign as to lose all meaning

The Japanese geography might be a bit out there for US audiences but "big city vs small mountain town" isnt that hard, either

Why are so many people on Sup Forums so butthurt about this movie's success?

>Why is /a butthurt about a mediocre piece of work being successful in Japan

Gee I dunno? Would you still say its good after it made so many headlines? Or will it be forgotten like most of Shinkai's works if Toho didn't market the shit out of it.

its good and popular. perferct mixture for Sup Forums butthurt

>Would you still say its good after it made so many headlines?
Yes I would, because I'm not a contrarian faggot like you.

Anime is haram Ahmed

>Yes I would,
You bandwagoners are so cute

You contrarians are even cuter.

Anyone going to see KnK at Leeds next week?

I would if I lived in the UK.

so where do you find out the locations?

Right in the OP's post you git.

im only seeing for australia and i dont live there nor would ever want to.

Going on the 24th in Dublin, first time watching an anime movie in cinemas, hope I can keep up with the subtitles

See >Will debut at Los Angeles’ Laemmle Music Hall Theater