myanimelist.net/manga/72081/Rudolf_Turkey
github.com/MinoMino/mindl
mega.nz/#F!u0wiBSTB!dJp_-84G-G9B9I0Z3r2vJQ
bato.to/forums/user/138764-either/
boards.fireden.net/a/thread/139484272/#139555435
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=98095
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dead

Do you think it would be more rewarding if you started scanlating western comic books for the Japanese audience?

I would live in constant fear, wondering if my Japanese were fluid enough

If anyone looking for a manga to scanlate please consider picking up this

myanimelist.net/manga/72081/Rudolf_Turkey

Buried six feet below.

I wanted to do Momoiro Meloik but I can't find raws for some chapters, and some of the ones at senmanga are garbage.
The digital version is sold at Honto, but I've heard those are a pain in the ass to rip.

After spending way too much time reverse engineering the BinB Reader JavaScript, I've managed to add support for BookLive to my ripper: github.com/MinoMino/mindl

Other sites like cmoa, animatebookstore, etc. that also use the same reader will be very easy to add as well, so I'll probably start adding those to in the near future.

Awesome.
I haven't had to rip digital raws from readers before, personally, but that's really cool of you. Thanks.

If this quality and resolution works for you, I could get volume 1-8 for you.

Oh hey, I always enjoyed that manga.

Looks decent, I've pretty much given up on finding tank scans and I don't know about the digital ones.
It would be great if you can get them, though I think I would be able to do one chapter per week, perhaps two.

mega.nz/#F!u0wiBSTB!dJp_-84G-G9B9I0Z3r2vJQ

Why on earth would I do that?

I start translating moon shit because their stuff is good and what I like, not because I in love with tumblr shit that western comics offer.

If you want someone to translate your fanfiction for free, ask in tumblr or reddit instead of here.

Can someone post a raw page and a properly cleaned page?
I am learning how to clean and would like to practice on something while having a template as to how it's supposed to look.

Love ya, user!
I'll start working on them as soon as I finish a hmanga I'm translating (should be done today).
I don't have a website so I guess I'll make a >blog when I have some chapters translated, but I'll release them here anyway.

I started recently and the nickname I use on the panda when translating H stuff is DrunkenWeeb, I guess I'll keep that one.

I hadn't thought about checking for raws at the usual site then looking up the translated shit over at batoto.
Well shit, my bad anons.

Oh, and by the way, are those the digital raws?

Yup.

Great.
Do you want me to credit you as anonymous or some name?

Anonymous is fine.

Does anyone have a working fix to rip from EbookJapan. My program stopped working a few weeks ago.

There's one literally posted in this thread.

Sorry I'm an idiot, but how do use this exactly? Even after reading the the Installation, I'm still a bit confused. I have no computer skills or knowledge. What's mindl?

The instructions on the page tell you exactly what to do and what other software you need.

mindl is the program itself. I mean, the instructions I wrote are pretty straightforward I think, but do indeed require some technical knowledge. You'd have to tell me exactly what part you want me to elaborate on if you want help.

In any case, I'm going to look into making standalone executables that you could just download and run, so you could just wait and keep an eye on that Github or this thread if it's still alive tomorrow.

What's that program that keeps track of all the fonts you use again? I'm getting tired of having to open a word doc and checking it manually.

Also is it possible to select fonts that start with lower case (e.g. augie) in PS by typing? The CS6 version seems to be incapable of recognising lower case input and I have to use my mouse and select it manually every time.

>Also is it possible to select fonts that start with lower case (e.g. augie) in PS by typing?
I had to just rename the font itself.

thanks.I guess that it currently only support ebookjapan and booklive?

Thanks

I tried a few and NexusFont seems to be the most convenient.

wordmark.it
or literally just search "font viewer"

Yes, but like I mentioned earlier, there's a bunch of other sites based on the same software as BookLive, so I'll add some of those soon.

Thanks

Yeah I was looking for something that doesn't infect my computer with viruses turning it into a cp sharing server

>Yeah I was looking for something that doesn't infect my computer with viruses turning it into a cp sharing server
Casual.

Is there a good guide on how to redraw speed lines? I'm terrible at it unless I erase and redraw the whole thing.

Select the black part of the Japanese text and fill it white on a new layer, then draw in the missing black around the lines. Use the pen tool to draw straight lines if you need to then stroke with a small hard brush.
The only slightly tricky part might be matching the gradient in the light speed line itself but it shouldn't be that hard with a healing brush or mixer brush I think.

So I'm doing a machine translation of a tank (I know, may god have mercy on my soul)

Which would get better results though, the Japanese raw, or Korean translation. I know Chinese usually produces better results than Japanese, because japanese is just an offshoot from it, but I'm not too sure about korean.

>machine translation of a tank

What? Korean and Chinese are what the one translating understood from Japanese, and on top of that you're doing your interpretation of what they translated, coupled with machine translation that would be double shitty.

Machine translation of Japanese is usually bad already, avoid Korean and Chinese.

>would I do a better job with a machine translation from the original or a secondhand translation
Hopefully neither, let someone who knows what they're doing handle it.

What tank are you using?

Are you attempting to derail the thread by claiming that you're doing a machine translation and getting (you)s?

Not just that, he's even planning to do it based off an already translated source, while spewing nonsense about the languages.

Well, he's certainly doing a good job since it's loaded with baits on so many levels.

Something I'm not willing to post outside of a sad panda thread.
The topic of this thread is "Scanlation" I am going to attempt translating a scan, outside of my lack of knowledge in speaking a different language, I'm not EXACTLY trolling, just figured you guys would know "better"
>on top of that you're doing your interpretation of what they translated
Actually I read it once in english, I actually remember the story quite well, I just need to fill in the blanks of the parts I can't remember.

>I read it once in english
Then why would you need to translate it in the first place?

It got taken down for some reason a couple years ago, and I can't find it anywhere.

I figured it was part of the Wani purge, or that it had gotten licensed by a North american company, but neither of these things were true, and it doesn't contain anything that would warrant prohibited content, so I think the uploader just took it down of the own accord.

>you guys would know "better"
Yes, which is DON'T FUCKING DO THAT SHIT. Not like that matters since it's obvious by this point that you don't care about "us" and you'll do it anyway, just like plenty of other crappy groups who have more confidence than skills.

Well, I'm currently looking for chapter 5 and 6 RAWs of KonoSuba's spin off Kono Subarashii sekai ni bakuen wo.

can't find them on Nyaa or any other site, I was downloading the magazine issues to do this, but the latest issues haven't been uploaded yet.

Anyone knows where can I find them?

Remind me, is this stuff is in Comic Alive or Comic REX? I clearly remember seeing it in one of them.
If it's in Alive I've got all the issues past #06 2016. Come by #teammoe on rizon and I'll throw you a link.

It's in comic alive. I need the issues 11 and 12, do you have them? It would be a great help if you do.

Yup, hop on IRC and I'll give you a link. I just don't want to put it up in public for various reasons.

Would a server for raws be of any use? How many groups even share raws, much less go browsing for them. I guess the bandwidth would at least be cheap as long as a bot doesn't scrape it.

If you mean scans, most groups will only get the series they want as opposed to scanning the full magazine so that wouldn't be of much use to other people. For digital rips, most of that is already online anyway.

Test

Seeking a redrawer, typesetter for nacuN.
No committment required, only skill. If you help just for one chapter, it would be great.
Write here
bato.to/forums/user/138764-either/

Post the hardest redraw example you have.

For the current chapter, probably this
(this is the preview version. the original is twice the size)

Where are fire punch translations, you lazy fucks?

In 5 minutes.

These aren't that bad I think. The thing to remember is it only needs to be redrawn enough to fit the translated text.
Currently I'm only working on one slice of life 4koma which is a chapter a month, but I might be getting a script for another and have offered to typeset a third.
If you have scripts ready to go I could start working on it though.

That would be sublime.
I have the scripts for volume 2 and 3 and HQ raws for vol.2.

Sent you a message. It's 6AM here though so I won't start on it until after I've slept.

Does it get rid of the watermark?

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/139484272/#139555435

Are there any old works that people are interested in?

How old is old?
There's plenty of awesome old stuff.

Early 90s backwards, I guess.

Someone pick up this one
It has only 3 chapters out and hasnt been translated since may

It's hard to find info on pre-90's manga save for the influential/popular ones, there's no database for such thing except for online stores and auctions

I wonder how many hidden gems are there, for most we probably don't even have any cover images

I wish someone would do Cosmos Rakuenki by Atagoul author.
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=98095

Add to that, it would be pretty difficult to find anyone willing to destroy their own hardcopy to deliver scans, especially if it's a niche series that they like.

Yes. Watermarks are added to the canvas of the reader. This downloads scrambled images directly from the API or CDN and descrambles them without any of their JS code.

well, one could just order a second copy. old doesn't mean rare.

That's good to hear. But I still fear the day they start adding them server side.

Do any of you have a Square Enix account or the other? I've been thinking of getting a subscription from them for some of the stuff in Joker and Gagan

>last public ヤングガンガン
>issue 2015年19月号
Is there some sort of secret club to get more for free or nah?

>that one author that adds two exclamation marks at the end of half of his bubbles
I'm always tempted to just leave them out or at least reduce them. God dammit.

Great job. Awesome user.

>destroy their own hardcopy to deliver scans
I don't get why people care about keeping the main book itself when a digital version will be created from it anyway. I mean, the book has to be taken apart for a good scan. There's no way around it.

Old very often means impossible to find in the market anymore, especially for very niche series.

People like to own shit and hate for their shit to get wrecked, especially if they believe there will be no replacement for them.
No way to get around that without destroying friendships and I rather not do that for just a hobby. Friendships are more important.

I don't want a digital copy, I want the physical book I paid for.

Very niche - true. However, I think there are a lot of series that can be only counted as obscure from our perspective.

That's not the point. It's about creating a digital version WITH the English translation. Not to have something (in jap may I add) to measure your cock with.

I don't care about having a shelf copy. One of the anthologies I scanned was limited to 1000 prints, so I guess there are now 999 copies out there now.