God

God Discussion Thread.

>God is omniscient and omnipotent.

>If God is really omniscient that means he knew everything that has and will happen.

>God created the Earth and the universe even though he knew every possible outcome before doing so.

>God is either using you for entertainment or God doesn't exist and we're all here by chance.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYCoU6PNUQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maybe we'd actually believe god exists if he'd fucking show himself for once

That's another thing. Why doesn't he just show himself once for a couple hours world wide so there are no non believers. There for he'd have less people to send to hell and it'd be less work for him.

Or he could just do a reddit AMA

Kek bump

>why doesn't God do what i want REEEEEEE

which god? there's millions that have been proposed

Because he's a cunt

Kek works in mysterious ways friend just trust him

Give me one good reason to trust him ?

what if in humanities past we already killed god?

God those are hilarious

>Gotta go
>PEEEEEeEEEEEEEPEEHEEHEHE

Aryan gods are good. All other gods are cunts worshipprd by shitskins. YHWH included.

Psalms 149:4

For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

i like the idea of this thread
bump

Dumbass mudslime completely missed the point of the thread. Not surprised

I was waiting for the quote cop out. I thought the mudslimes would do it first. If enjoys us why give us free will. Why not just make us all brainless humans walking around.
That quote means he also likes watching us kill and torture each other... Can't blame the guy

ITT: We allow christkikes to ruin the thread by misrepresentation of other religions and notions of God.

Perhaps quantum physics will eventually tell us that everything is predetermined, and therefore the ancients had a good understanding on our existence. God was simply the personification of their theories. Just like heaven is not a place on earth because evil cannot end. i.e. It is a utopia that cannot be reached in our current form.

Also, after thinking about the tower of babel, I realised that god was against globalism. The people had grouped into a single nation and tried to reach heaven.

"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."

So he stopped them by assigning different languages to them and scattered them to different geographical locations. I suppose when humans unite under a NWO, they can oppose righteousness.

For God to be complete he must be both omnipotent and imperfect. To allow for imperfection God contracted and the area he created from this withdrawal is the material world. It's not about entertainment that is something that only exists in the material space.

GOD is in GOOD. Just try to find the good in yourself and work from there. It's not about if god exist or not it's about what WE do with our existence.

Do you enjoy puzzles that have no solution?

No mere mortal could ever decipher the intent of the divine. You can't even figure yourself out.

And maybe you were never meant to.

>asking serious religious questions
>to the crazed boomer religious fanatics on Sup Forums

I hope you're ready for lunatics autistcally quoting bible verses

God exists but not the way we think. Our universe is nothing more then a computer simulation and god is whatever created that simulation. God likely doesn’t interfere with the simulation at all

Is that what God would want?
For every single person to know of his existence as a plain fact?
Believe in him the way we believe in gravity?
"Blessed are those who have not seen yet believe"
Granted, that's a great way to propagate a religion:
"Blessed are the people who do not have evidence for God yet believe anyway"
But brings up an interesting point: why create the world at all?
What is the point of creating human beings in the first place?
if everybody just believed, there wouldn't actually be any "faith" would there?
No trust or love; just acceptance of the fact that there is a God.
There are no simple answers anons. Theology is a complex topic.

What I want to know is how Christians can believe in one God and only one God, when there were religions (even similar to Christianity) long before Christ. I believe Jesus was real, and the son of (a?) God, but if there really is only one actual God, the Christian one, why reveal himself in the middle east only? And does that mean every religion before or since was just fake laarping with no basis whatsoever? If it's about faith and not seeing, wouldn't believing in a religion that has had no earthly manifestations like Jesus be even more holy?

Brainless humans would neither begin to comprehend their or his existence, nor would they be able to love. Because it takes free will to love, and mindless robots don't have that capacity.

The fact that God doesn't remove doubt in the world is revealing to the purpose if this universe. The objective of the soul in this life is to excersize faith - solidarity in communion - with God. God is apparent when one looks for God. After the soul has sufficiently mastered faith, it becomes reborn into the body of God. To accept individuals who do not believe in God into the body would deprive God of his Oneness; hence the firewall of unprovability.

Good question. Jesus wasn't as independent as we think. He didn't come to earth and begin a new religion out of nowhere. Everything he taught, everything he proclaimed, had roots in Judaism, because he was Jewish, and was fulfilling the prophecies of what we now call the "Old" Testament. Frankly, Jesus coming down anywhere else wouldn't make sense. "Repent of your sins, you Chinese, who don't even believe in the concept of sin" But that's an interesting question "Are other religions fake?" Jesus said "I am the way...no one shall come to the Father but through me" which makes Salvation seem at least to be rather exclusive. And yes, you could argue it takes more faith to believe in a god which had never appeared on earth, but 1) nobody alive today has ever met Jesus, it takes a lot of faith to believe that that man, though physically present on earth at one time, was God incarnate and 2)"holier" depends on what you believe to be "holy" and that depends on your perspective.

Another thing that has me deeply religiously conflicted is the division of Christianity. If you're allowed to choose your own sect for both spiritual and eathly reasons, why not other religions for the same reason?

Well Christianity as a whole is more orthodoxic than orthopraxic; i.e. there's a bigger emphasis on what you BELIEVE rather than what you DO, the doctrine rather than practice. And over time various sects have developed different beliefs on who Jesus was, what we need (or don't need) to do to be saved, etc. You're allowed to choose whatever sect you believe in, but don't expect the others to accept you as an equal; they may all be Christian, but the differences between the sects are taken seriously, and some consider the members of others to be heretical. Does that help?

God is Sagittarius A* and a Libran

Yes, quite a bit, thank you.

Thank you Anons, you're doing God's work.

not a problem. Also, if you want to learn about Christianity, I recommend starting with what Jesus himself says in the Gospels, and then reading other authors and sources. Everyone is biased in their interpretations, so you have to be aware of that.

Ok here's the deal. God knows everything in the sense that he knows absolutely every possible outcome that every single human can achieve. Sort of like a game developer for Fable. He knows every possible decision/ending you can make, and understands the consequence that would arise from each course of action taken. But at the end of the day its up to us to decide which path we will take. While God has an idea of what path we will be taking throughout our live based on our previous decisions and reasoning for taking those decisions. He knows there is always a possibility for a change of heart whenever a new fork appears on the road of our life.

>Assuming God actually cares about us (which technically, he isnt obligated to) and we arent an unintended byproduct from when he created the universe just to horse around with black holes.

I like to think we are like a hockey game he has already watched. He knows what each of us is going to do, but we were still free to do otherwise

>God is using you for entertainment
this is the case
god is also not a conscious entity, it is the ultimate reality

Well, if God were to be spectating the "game" of our lifeit would look like this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYCoU6PNUQg

If God isn't a conscious entity, why do you still personify Him as "using us for entertainment"? And what do you propose is the ultimate reality? Surely reality did not create itself.