Redpill me on Moonshining

Should it be legal or not?

legal of course

you need government to hold your hand? sad!

It is legal here for personal consumption. If you don’t know what you are doing you can make poison so it makes sense that if you do nothing of value is lost.

People claim it's illegal because it's dangerous but it's really because the government doesn't collect taxes off of it. Should be legal in personal amounts like home brewing.

To make it for yourself I don't see why not, but if you're selling it it should probably have a warning label or something since it's not like it goes through the same testing it would in a factory.

>should
A lot of thing "should" be user

I'm about to make some kilju and run the excess CO2 into my aquarium. I previously used this method to introduce CO2 into a grow box. I tried 3 different recipes: 1 with white sugar, 1 with brown sugar, and 1 with 1/2 white and 1/2 brown.

>People claim it's illegal because it's dangerous
But it is potentially dangerous

Its legal

Since when is it illegal? Selling it without licence, okay, but making it?

Dosent it make people blinded or anything?

But yeah, for private consumption it should be

That's because of methanol/lead

The way I see it, as long as you aren't selling it I don't think anyone has an argument for it to be illegal. And even if you are selling it, the only real argument is for food safety standards.

In some countries it is still illegal to operate a still. I don’t think there are any states here that it is now illegal. It is pretty hard to make the case that your 500 gallon still is for personal consumption.

No. Alcohol should be banned period.

In a lot of places making alcohol yourself is illegal, or even owning distillery devices

One needs to learn how. The first bits that come over the column are methano which can blind or kill. These have to be discarded. I am told they are easy to recognize in they are the first 5-10% and smell like wet cardboard.

It's the selling that makes it illegal(considered tax evasion). No onegives a shit about you making alcohol for your own consumption.

Its illegal in Washington to even own a still for personal use.

>
>Its illegal in Washington to even own a still for personal use.
Well so far so good for the land of freedom i guess

The poison is easily cured with more alcohol. Unless you are in the middle of no where and this is your only source of alcohol, you'll probably live.

>illegal per state law in 49 states
>illegal per federal law in 50 states

federal govt overstepped their boundries on this one per 10th amendment

Curious because one of the outfits that sells small stills is in Washington.