Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belladonna_of_Sadness
youtu.be/CTAeJX7qSXw
my.mixtape.moe/ytkeqv.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>This was made in the 80s

How far have we fallen

Just rewatched Serial Experiments Lain. Still God tier, gets better every time. It's weird, it feels more relevant and insightful about our relation to technology than ever.

It's not exactly recent but a few months ago I saw Belladonna of Sadness (1973) at an art theater. It's the third in the "Animerama" series of erotic adult anime films conceived by Osamu Tezuka.

It's REALLY strange. It's about a peasant woman in some medieval European setting who is raped by the local lord, accused of witchcraft by the other peasants and forced out of her village because of it, and ends up becoming a witch.

I'm not sure I'd say it's good but it's interesting. It feels like a long animated 60s psychedelic rock video.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belladonna_of_Sadness

Are you guys trying to make this into a general now, or what? We had one earlier that lasted for ~20 hours, and another that last for ~40 hours earlier in the week. Give it a rest.

wow thats super obscure, ill have to see if I can find a torrent

I also had the opportunity to see Belladonna at a local arthouse theater, it was a great experience. Can't believe it actually got distributed in the US. Anyone interested in checking it out should definitely do so, whether you wind up liking it or not, it's still worth a look.

Just showed my roommate the original Vampire Hunter D film

I really like the setting and character designs. I only have a dubbed VHS copy, but the dub is actually pretty enjoyable for the most part.

I'm thinking about starting in on the books. I'm definitely going to pick up Bloodlust soon.

Monster designs were also sick. Animation was better than I remembered.

I've been meaning to take a look at that for a while now

It doesn't really interest me as a fan of anime, but moreso as a fan of the medium of animation, if that makes sense. Looks like a trip.

I was really disappointed by it. I was watching it along with the other Animerama movies and I really preferred the previous two over Belladonna. It was so goddamn boring despite the great visuals. Though the whole "and that's how Jeanne inspired the women of the French Revolution" bit at the end did send my sides into orbit.

The talent is still there, but the market isn't.

Might do a live stream of old OVAs/Movies soon.

Requests?

So moefags are literally killing anime? What do i do to deserve this?

very slowly watching Uursei Yatsura, but it's S O S L O W.

Downloaded HnK, it should keep my interest better.

Started working on Turn A Gundam not too long ago. So far, it has been pretty good, but maybe a bit more focus on robots than what I wanted and expected. Still good though.

Also working on Saber Marionette. It's no masterpiece, but it's good for public transport. Not too serious, and entertaining enough.

Slowly working on Brain Powerd well, but will take some time.

Have had 4 episodes left of Now and Then Here and There for a really long time, maybe I'll finiah it soon. Have to do it at some point.

>Have to do it at some point.

Now and Then, Here and There changed me.

The depression and nihilism is real.

No, the talent is not still there. Most employees are "new guys", and they allow themselves to be pushed around with braindead schedules and no pay.

Rewatched Trigun and flcl
Nostalgia is a hell of feeling

Just watched the first two episodes of Flame of Recca. The first episode had outstandingly fantastic animation, which means it's probably going to be still pans and non-action after the first few episodes. But maybe I'll get lucky this time.

I've never understood the mentality of blowing your budget on the first episode and then having absolutely nothing left over. Rune Soldier Louie was the absolute worst case of this with how completely rock bottom the animation budget in that show is after the first episode.

Still, Recca is nice so far, but I get the feeling that this girl is going to get on my nerves with how perfect and bland she is. Gets stabbed and then apologises for being in the way of the knife, great way to establish a character that will surely be full of flaws and interesting quirks.

You don't "let yourself get pushed around", either you get pushed around and work for nothing or you get fired because you're utterly disposable. It's been that way since the start and the eighties were not immune to this just because they had a ton of money to splash around on projects where the animators were allowed to take their time.

I dropped it because of how nonsensical it was.

If everyone hated the king that much, then why not start a coup?

Do you have 0 knowledge of human history?

Yeah, because it's so easy to stage a coup. Even in history, it takes somewhere between years to decades for that shit to happens.

The difference is that Hando is an incompetent coward who is hated not just by his commanding officers, but also by at least two other nations.

When you consider that alongside who easy it was for two foreign assassins to get into his office, it's clear that rising up against him would be child's play.

Do you know who Josef Stalin was?

Been watching pic related. Surprisingly amazing.

That's a movie and current movies are far better at animation still Akira still has a good animation it aged pretty well.

watching this for the first time. Rugball was way more fun than I expected, it almost makes me want to finally try some sports anime.

I dunno, some people still make an effort

youtu.be/CTAeJX7qSXw
The original ovas were my favorite as a kid

Still watching Goldran.
After being disappointed with GaoGaiGar, the fun of Goldran is pretty refreshing.

just started reading Gogol 13 been liking it so far

>That's a movie and current movies are far better at animation
That's one way to admit you're an idiot. There isn't a single anime in the last 15 years that even comes close to Akira and Memories in terms of animation.

I started Treasure Island recently, and so far i'm up to episode 6 and enjoying it a decent amount. I'm not completely sold on it yet though. I dislike the lame attempts at comedy, and I think some of the characters are just flat out retarded (Such as Jim's mother), but John Silver was just introduced so i'm excited for what the story will be like with him in the spotlight.
The ED is excellent by the way: my.mixtape.moe/ytkeqv.webm

>current movies are far better at animation

This is literally wrong though.
Most most movies that come out today that aren't either Hosoda, Ghibli, Shinkai, or the occasional Kyoani, look like absolute garbage. There are some stand outs here and there, but on the whole, anime movies in the 90's and 80's had a lot more money behind them and looked a lot better. I wouldn't say the same about TV anime from those time periods compared to now, but movies definitely had better animation then, that's just a fact.

Is Goldran subbed? I've only seen Da-Garn, but I liked it quite a bit.

Hey, that's just how the Rumiko operates. I feel like she pretty much popularized this kind of show. Speaking of, has anyone seen Rin-ne, and does it hold up to her older stuff?

oh please you know that's not true

I still have the Urusei Yatsura stream open and catch some random episodes. I swear I must've seen some about 5 times now. I just don't get tired.

Yes, subbed by mSubs

Any good Toei Doga films not called Orochi / Horus / Animal Treasure Island? Been thinking of just going through their entire filmography.

Boku no Pico

If they keep popping up and there is quite a lot of discussion, why not? Better than the same waifu wars again and again on generals.

Is D4 Princess any good? Haven't heard enough about it to know if it sucks or not.

Its good. Last couple episodes turn pretty dark though.

Isn´t this the one that tries to be artsy but ends up just being crass and not being subtle at all?

If you like lolis and magical girls,it,s good.

You should watch it, there's really not much else like it.

>Last couple episodes turn pretty dark though.
>Though.
I can't believe americans are this gay.

Speaking of Dezaki, I'm eight episodes into Hakugei Densetsu, and it's pretty great so far. It has the heaviest grimy 90s space future aesthetic possible, because space in the nineties was poorly lit.

It's pretty great, and Ahab's got charisma for days. I'll admit it's my first Dezaki show, I'll probably watch Takarajima afterwards. The tagalong animal kind of made me put off watching it, but I doubt it'll be much of a problem.

John carries the show. I liked the show in the overall. Probably won´t rewatch it but it is a worthwhile experience.

When almost the entire show is extremely lighthearted, dark turns are a slap in the face. Especially when its the ending.

In what sense?

Meh,I think it's funny.

Shizuka a cute.

no shit Akira was made in the 80s, you couldn't make something like it now, and not because the talent or will doesnt exist anymore

Akira was made at the peak of economic excess and power, you couldnt get the money for something like this any other time

Have you seen any of it? Here's a trailer for the recent release.
youtube.com/watch?v=2WkcLMapo_Y
Even if you don't end up enjoying it - and it's certainly not for everyone - it's still worth it just to see how wild the final nail in Mushi's coffin was.

Do you have some sort of fucking autism

We are on Sup Forums,everyone is autist here.

Not me.

Enough.

Let me guess,You hate lolis and think every single old anime was free of them when the true is loli fanservice was even stronger back in the 70s/80s.

No I saw these like a day ago when you last dumped these pussy-less, nipple-less nudes.

why do you even have this shit saved?

I just think you're fucking annoying. Post one or two and stop. You're basically spamming.

Gundam.
Nothing but Gundam
Gundam is life
Gundam is love
tfw you'll never become a gundam

>nipple-less.
You are pretty blind,user.
Besides your OLD PERFECT BUSTY WOMEN also are pussy-less

Enjoy.

Fuck off you sperg

I don't hate loli's, you're just annoying.

Sorry user I only expanded one and it happened to be without nips.

K.

Watching Heidi Girl of the Alps.

Remember when anime was good innocent fun for the whole family?!

Don't worry I think pussy less women are hot,too.
Anal for the win.

Wait until You get to the later episodes.

What has he got to wait for? The entire last third is exclusivly feel good.

Been slowly rewatching Oniisama e on glorious BD.

redline was shit.

Sorry I mistake it for Candy Candy.

gay

Flat pussy a best.

Lolis are cute,user.