Miura's influences then:

Miura's influences then:

>Western movies (Conan the Barbarian, Excalibur, The Thing, Hellraiser, Flesh and Blood, Spirit of the Beehive, etc) and Japanese comics (Fist of the North Star, Rose of Versailles)

Miura's influences now:

>Idol master
>jrpgs

Oh Rape Horse, you were too good for this world

They are in magical fairy island. There should be a change in tone

You forgot Evil Dead and Guin Saga.

How did rape horse end up on the elf island? I want to know its redemption arc

Sums up anime for me

Back then: cool, dark, edgy
Now: lolis, moe, autism

>You forgot Evil Dead

More likely he got that from real history. Götz von Berlichingen was a real guy and lost his arm, which he then replaced with a metal one. How cool is that?

That's what we call growing up user, you'll understand it someday

Miura was a grown adult when he started Berserk you retarded faggot.

one day you will realize age has nothing to do with truly being grown up.

It's been running for TWENTY SEVEN YEARS NOW
Give Miura a fucking break for not being edgy longer than the people complaining have been alive

the falconia arc is obviously a setup user
if berserk was constantly gritty it would be less meaningful after a while, the more brutal moments seem even moreso when you have cute elf filler

Why the fuck is Berserk discussion on this board so fucking bad? All I ever see people talk about is the same dumb shit over and over.

>casca wanted it xd
>griffith did nothing wrong xd
>epic rape horse xd
>this manga is edgy it sucks xd
>this manga isn't edgy anymore it sucks xd

Fuck all of you, you're worse than the normies that read Beserk and all they get from it is "fuck griffith" and "guts is badass"

>It's been running for TWENTY SEVEN YEARS NOW

Maybe he should have sped the story up? Was Isma and her island realy needed? There's a bunch of shit that was not needed that could have been cut. A lot of the story post-eclipse feels like he's stalling for time since he either wants to keep the story going for a paycheck or because he has no clue how to end it.

>>this manga isn't edgy anymore it sucks xd

One of the appeals of the comic was that it was a horror comic. It hasn't really been any horror for a long time.

He found peace with himself. He doesn't care about Casca NTRing Guts anymore. Guts can always get new waifu to replace Casca.

why wouldn't you want a paycheck?

It is, though I think a case could be made that there are still references to it, such as Guts' hair turning white.

Becoming enamored with lolis is not growing up. It's the opposite. He's lonely and fantasizes about non-threatening females.

>in community college's lounge area
>full of spergs
>one short fat neckberd is talking about berserk
>"Fuck yeah man, Gatsu is the most badass guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone!"

yes, he kept calling him gatsu and he kept insisting guts is some misanthropic remorselss killing machine. was pretty disgusted

The appeal was that it was one of the few fantasy manga that had an actual interesting story with characters.

The grimdark was just a perk, and it's still there, different part of the story, different tone. If you want something that's grimdark and edgy all the time read akame ga kiru or that mirror shit.

>The appeal was that it was one of the few fantasy manga that had an actual interesting story with characters.

Shut the fuck up. Literally the only reason people think Berserk has a "good story" is because of the Griffith betrayal arc. Outside of that there is nothing outstanding about Berserk's story. It's as generic as any western medieval fanatasy book.

What really made Berserk stand out was the art. But now that that has went to shit, there's nothing of value left.

I liked old Bersererk more too but let's be honest here:

Back then: cool, dark, edgy, autism
Now: lolis, moe, autism

>interesting story with characters

The only good thing was guts killing stuff and the edge, now it's just a well drawn mediocre shounen.

Post the edit of that panel of guts with his eyes closed and hands touching his cheeks.

Same.

Just read akame ga kiru then.

>actual interesting story with characters.
>Berserk

Are you retarded, user? The only reason anyone gets into Berserk is too see fantastically drawn panels of Guts slaying ebin rape monsters. Now Berserk has neither good drawings, nor rape, or monsters.

(You)

t. Idolmaster Apologist

Its called growing up.

When you're younger, you want to action packed fightan shits. When you get older, you are looking more for serene parts.

>What really made Berserk stand out was the art
I would also say the character design too.

Not him, but I wouldn't say that. Not like the character design is bad or anything, but it's hardly some sort of big draw.

>who's godhand
>who's the apostles? mostly zodd
>gut's design.

>Idolmaster meme started as just referring to Berserk constantly being on hiatus
>now it's obvious that Miura has become a massive moefag thanks to Idolmaster

Meme magic is powerful, and if wielded improperly, can backfire. The more you know.

Oh, if you're considering all the apostles character design I can give you that. I was thinking of most of the more monstrous ones as creature design, but that's just semantics. I don't think the designs of Guts or especially the Godhand (aside from Griffith, they barely appear) are that big of a factor, though.

Miura claims he didn't know who Gotz was when he started writing Berserk.

Running away from the harsh reality isn't growing up; something you autists do everytime shit gets a little too difficult.

>making your fictional story less dark
> Running away from the harsh reality
What?

So he's a liar, who cares

I'm talking about what the other anons said about moe being something you like when you are a grown man.
I should have linked these earlier, I do apologise.

Liking cute things still isn't running away from reality, though. And liking dark things isn't facing reality, either. Come on, the beginning of Berserk was a dude with a cannon arm fucking and killing some shapeshifting monsters. It was not any sort of attempt to confront the harshness of real life.

Community college rofl

You need to seriously consider killing yourself.