Partially Translated Story Time - BIRDMEN

NOTE: from hereon I'll post chapters from other volumes in these threads; this is in order to make enough room for the final story time dump in which I'll be posting the three unbound and latest chapters

ALSO: there will be raws. Volume 6 marks the volume where translations have largely halted.

Continuing the Birdmen story time dumps that I'll be doing at 5PM EST every day this week. It's a great manga, but not a lot of people know about it. Translation is 3 volumes behind, but I have the raws and will be dumping those too. One volume a day, let's go!

Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4 Volume 5 Birdmen is a very unusual manga by Tanabe Yellow, the author of Kekkaishi. The series begins with our MC, Karasuma Eishi, being a cynical teenage jerk and roping his best friend into his bad behavior by skipping class. On their way home from the park, they got into a random car crash and a flying human(?) descended from above to give them a choice.

Last time, Karasuma, with Umino's advice, decided to push toward a goal of evolving but still remaining connected with humanity. Meanwhile, Takayama seems to be slipping away and becoming more reckless.

My favorite character got this cover, immediately after we ran out of main characters, and the sentai color she was given was pink. I hope I don't sound delusional when I say I want Fiona to join the crew.

Hmph.

Keep trying, Karasuma!

Glad Karasuma still doesn't want to go all the way with weird Birdman sht.

I'm sure this page made fujos hapy.

>He's probably a better person than I thought he was.
Spoke too soon. He's worse.

Right, in case you were suspecting it: not ALL Birdmen can here those voices of life, only Takayama/Linker Birdmen. I think the thing about saving those lives is also not heroism, but basic instinct. After all, if Takayama can reach a human who was dying in time, he can make them into Birdmen.

Then again, he also saves animals. Not sure what that's all about.

Really; keep trying, Karasuma.

>NOTE: from hereon I'll post chapters from other volumes in these threads; this is in order to make enough room for the final story time dump in which I'll be posting the three unbound and latest chapters
Cool, I'll be lurking but won't be posting much outside of bumps.

Yeah...

That's not heroic.

Now kiss.

It's time to completely shift the focus of the plot, for the most part.

this

fucking

guy

chapter end, by the way

Jesus fucking Christ

Bellwether. That's bad. That's Karasuma's ability: the one that allows a birdman to command other birdmen.

Ha ha

ha

you, up to date readers; you know why I'm laughing

Brutal

yeah

Cute.

Hm.

Fiona!

Fucking fujos, they ruin everything.

There you have it.

Sagisawa, Trickster.

It seems like his ability is to detect lies, which is useful for sure, but so, so basic that I suspect there's more to it.

Also, I wonder why it says "First Ability". Can you have more than one? I'm really asking here, I don't think that was answered in any of the current chapters.

Guess she's talking about that thing with Takayama.

No, I do not know who this person is. Really, no clue. I had suspicions but I don't think it's been revealed. If it has been, I didn't know enough Japanese to be able to tell.

End of that chapter, by the way.

Arthur is a good kid.

He's not a smart kid, however.

>our heroes

??????

Might you call it...a BIRDEMIC?

By the way, I said I'd have chapter 27 translated by the time this thread came around. Well, I had some good progress on it until I translated around 13 pages.

This was actually more time consuming than I thought. Maybe this is why the scanlations take so long. That said, I won't make it on time for the dump. Sorry.