What did you do when you found out they went bankrupt?

What did you do when you found out they went bankrupt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLTlH7KB0Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Marathon their one piece dub.

Nothing.

Not surprising; anime doesn't sell sadly.

IF LIFE IS A GAME THEY SAY I CAN'T WIN

I'LL NEVER AMOUNT NOTHING

>anime doesn't sell [in the west]
Good.

Are you under the impression anime sells well in the East?

T. Weeb

Nothing, because I'm not a retarded shonenfag

Didn't they go under because they didn't pay taxes on Yu-Gi-Oh or something super bizarre like that?

I have never heard of that I'm gonna check it out.

Better than the west.

Name one good thing gaijins have done for anime.

I can see you take your Cantonese silver engravings very, very seriously

Introduce anime in the west

Yes you are correct they didn't pay royalties for yugioh so japanland fucked them pretty hard.

That's what I thought. 4kids was around way too long for it to be unprofitable.

But why didn't they pay royalties? I couldn't have been that much considering they made well over a million from the show. I'm not a dub fag but at the time it was my only source for Anime for years

Why else? They were trying to pull a fast one on the Japanese IP holders figuring that even if they found out the Japanese companies wouldn't try to sue them. Obviously, the gamble didn't pay off.

That I don't know. Maybe they were bad with managing money? Maybe they were trying to get away without paying? We'll probably never know for sure.

That sucks I guess this time the samurai were truly fearless of the jews.

Fist pumped toward the sun.

I didn't care.

Who's taking care of Pokemon and YGO's anime in the west now?

The Pokemon International Company has Pokemon, and looks like Yu-Gi-Oh is being licensed and distributed by something called 4K Media which is owned by Konami.

4K is just 4kids with a different name. Konami basically absorbed 4kids through weird legal bullshit with Yu-GI-Oh

They still exist as 4K Media. Konami acquired them after after they went bankrupt. Though they only produce Yu-Gi-Oh related stuff now, as far as I know

Gaijins have made Crunchyroll viable to exist and make subs come out super quick forever.

People who shit on crunchyroll are quick to forget the days of waiting ages for a poorly translated fansub by some no name group. That's how you get the sentiment 'people who die are supposed to stay dead' turned into 'people die when they are killed'.

Yugioh, Pokemon and DBZ is widely popular, as if , Bleach Naruto and OP

Yes but they kind of do still exist for the sole purpose of dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh.

TPCi has been dubbing Pokemon themselves since 2005/2006.

I alwats tought that was a play on the idiom that went: he wouldn´t die even if you killed him, meaning inplacable, unstppable determination. not a translation error

I was confused because they weren't releasing anything new so I looked them up and found out they were bought by Konami.

YA YO YA YOOOOOOOOOOO

If I recall correctly the context was somewhat serious...the character in question had a power that prevented his death or something but he thought it was wrong he was allowed to live because 'people die when they are killed'. Not really an appropriate time to reference a funny english idiom.

eat doughnuts

>not a translation error
But it is a translation error for the simple reason that it doesn't mean in English what you just translated it to.
Translating literally very often is a mistake, especially where idioms are involved.

>T.

Fuck off, faggot.

THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED GOLD ROGER

youtube.com/watch?v=MLTlH7KB0Xk

I thought it meant "even if we physically kill him, he as a concept will be immortal."

>T.mad user

Why so mad user?

Because you're some crossboarding faggot who can't even hide yourself, kill yourself.

It's ok to cross board user it's literally 2016 why are you close minded?

broke out the champagne and best cigars and gave them a special salute of the single digit variety

wish i had a popsicle

You mean how Crunchyroll made the

>Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!

?

Ironically, "most people die when they are killed" would have been perfectly alright. Really anything to emphasize that an exception is being made.

i kys myself

>"They'll never get Pokemon back now."

Is there such an occurrence where people don't die when they are killed?