Why are blue collar jobs so romanticized

why are blue collar jobs so romanticized

Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/9MuBbTZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Jews don't work

some people made bad decisions and ended up doing trades, they need to feel proud about "atleast i do something physical" which anyone could do.

cuz nerds are fags

No back stabbing each other for a promotion to get a corner office or your own parking spot or making money of diddling a computer. You show up to work, it's hard, you talk with co workers about how you're all in the same shit then you go home and repeat

HAHA ALL DOCTORS ARE WOMEN HAHA XDDDD
WHATS THAT? YOU'RE ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED GET MANKIND INTO SPACE? HAHA FUCKING PUSSY
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T DIG COAL WITH YOUR BARE HANDS FOR A LIVING? ARE YOU SOME KIND OF SISSY FOR NOT RUINING YOUR OWN ENJOYMENT OF LIFE AND EXPECTANCY FOR A LOW PAYING JOB WITH NO BENEFIT? HAHAHAHA
seriously tho, I have lots of respect for these people, they're important, but some of them need to take their headss out of their asses.
Urgently. Judges and engineers usually don't end up with their hands like that, but I wouldn't think of saying they're all pussies.

some people just don't see the point in being an academic.

It's actually kind of nice being physical building things. And they don't make bad money...

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T DIG COAL WITH YOUR BARE HANDS FOR A LIVING?

can confirm, work terrible shit job, would do anything to be able to make same kind of money sitting in a cubicle watching paint dry then the shit I have to do.

It's nice to have dirty stained hands and cloths, and to be sore all the time.

>inb4 dixie tells us how to dress

oops wrong image

What do you do? I've been working for a commercial remodeling company for a couple months and don't find it that bad, working hard makes the day go by faster than watching paint dry

because women like a barbarian they can tame

So the ones with low IQ that only knows physical labor gets to feel good about themself.

trucking/delivery of industrial and medical gases. You work/drive in all weather and elements. You move heavy fucking steel shit around all day.

I will say there is something cathartic about working physically outside all day. Hater gon hate.

Wouldnt want a career in that but nothing wrong with swinging a hammer in your 20s.

HAHAHAHA THEY WILL BE REPLACED WITH ROBOTS SOON ENOUGH ANYWAYS WORTHLESS DIRTTRASH WORKERS HAHAHAHHA

im a fag and have bigger hands that are more calloused than fucking dolan's. now what? why are people so dense? gays are always womany because they shun women and you do nothing but coat your dick in them? the jews need to lose. you keep enabling them to win

>Being intelligent, wealthy and white collar is a bad thing.

Yeah, uh huh. Sure.

Yes but what if I type and write all day, but then go dig in the dirt for an hour straight without gloves? Making sure to recklessly cut myself on and sharp rocks I can find.
What then faggot?

Because hard labor is a masculine activity

It's an honest day's work. Not everyone is meant to attend college and get indoctrinated.

lol

yeah thats kinda true

This is not about jobs. A man needs to do some things with his hands, no matter if it's Warren Buffet or Joe who's barely able to pay his mortgage.

Having done both, worked as a mechanic, now moved into tech then management now, I can say it is cause building or fixing things is very satisfying and at least on paper really is fulfilling. The problem is like everything these days, they suck the soul out of it and it turns into shit, that is why I left it cause the money isn't as good and you just end up working yourself to death for nothing. They quickly suck every bit of pride you could have with the work out and want you to just be a robot. If you are going to have a soul sucking job, might as well make money doing it.

That said, I still like to do my own labor jobs around the house when I can and still help friends with their cars for fun.

>tfw I actually get my hands and arms cleaned at work so i come back home not looking like a filthy animal

>That said, I still like to do my own labor jobs around the house when I can and still help friends with their cars for fun.

what is the best way of learning how to fix cars, i know basic stuff to fix my own but where does one even begin

Physical work is a direct influence of will over matter. You are directly creating something.
It's pleasurable in some spiritual sense.

Sometimes programming feels the same.

I hope that mind interfaces become available, fusing blue and white collar jobs somewhat. Imagine the primal joy of controlling dozens of robots with your mind at the same time, creating some useful object.

I am not sure what the best is, my father grew up on the family farm and he worked on everything as a kid, then passed it down to me. He basically just tossed me a few books when I said I was interested in cars and told me to start learning. From there I just worked on them.

I hate this meme "hurr I dont believe in hygiene or being sanitary or wearing gloves", doesnt make you "TOUGH" or "MANLY", just retarded and unfit to breed.

alright thanks anyway

Do manual labor and you'll figure it out. There's something about working with your hands, actually seeing something in the physical world improve because of your work...hard to explain

This whole thing has been weird for me as soon as I found out.
I'm from a third world country, and there people are super driven to make their children as educated as possible.
Meanwhile, some 'Muricans have this weird thing where they don't even want people to finish their education. And people get to work right after high school.
How is this a developed country?

> this is cityboys believes

>I can work hard all day and make some money, but if the weather turns or I get injured on the job I'll be out of work for months on end and face bankruptcy
>or
>I can work at a computer all day crunching numbers, get paid twice as much and if I find the right set of numbers to crunch I can get paid 5x as much. Crunching numbers involves me wiggling my fingers and squinting my brain. If I get injured on the job it will probably be a paper cut, weather has no impact on numbers.

25 years ago, I spent about 5 seconds making the choice. Have not regretted it once.

Why are collar colors used to describe types of jobs? I rarely use shirts with collars at all, since they feel asphyxiating.

Guys who sit at a desk turn into soft little pussies who look desperate when actually trying to be macho.

Thats why so many women have their jobs, the work isnt hard or challenging.

Half of these desk jockeys arent even smart or what one would consider intelligent. They got mediocre bachelor degrees, work for some gigantic corporation or dead end small business where they dont matter. All forms of work is actually data entry, but they have different names for it.

Their women fantacize about having a real hard working man, while all they get is a soft, insecure little sissy boy who types at a computer all day.

Lol. We might make less money, but we are definitely more respected. We are definitiely seen as men more than them.l, that's why not a lot of women know trades.

wrong, some people dont want to be crippled by immense debt and work at starbucks or as a waiter after college. pay is based on "you get what you give and know" not how much brown nosing and dick you suck in the dark.

>half these desk jockeys arent even smart

Way more than that.

this

Old men's dressing styles. White shirts were traditionally worn with suits in office work, while blue shirts or jumpsuits were worn by workmen because they show less dirt.

i agree it is manly work

The trades do suck ass, after the glory of working with your hands fade. You realize your hot all summer and cold all winter, always tired and sore on your time off.

I do Hvac, and realize I shouldnt have been such a punk pothead in highschool.

I truly wish I was a lawyer or something, but Im 29 now and its to late.

But you're from a lower class than any of those people that you make fun of.

At the end of the day, they're better than you, no matter how hard you work or how manly you pretend to be. Quite simply because they have social and cultural capital that you could never dream of achieving. The only women who flock to you are roastie whores of the lowest order. So enjoy your white trash I guess..

Because people feel like shit that others are more intelligent and made better decisions than them.
>they have trouble facing their own weaknesses desu
>t. First year law student.
Some people are just stupid and they are incapable of rising up, others are just losers, both are likely to feel resentment.

With that said, if you fulfill your potential and that potential maxes out with blue collar work, you should not feel shame and resentment. You’ve done all you can and therefore must have worked hard. Be proud that you worked hard.
>you know if you’ve given life all you have. Others might not know if you slacked off, but you do.
Give life all you’ve got anons, and not just life, but give your people all you can as well. There are some filthy Jews who are going to kill us all if we fail.

It's not too late man. You could be a paralegal by 31 and a lawyer by 35. My step mother earned her paralegal cert online in like 8 months while taking care of my siblings and working part time. She's been working at the local courthouse for a year and in three more she'll be able to sit the bar. All without a degree.

havent touched that shit in years
but I truly miss wotlk

>tfw thin girly hands
How do I fix this shit?

eat more meat

Most white collar """work""" in un/counterproductive jewish bullshit.

Hände waschen

>tfw cancer and heart disease from eating too much meat
how do i fix

Do manual labor, go to /fit/ and actually follow through with it or do both.

By far, the most pathetic thing I've witnessed in my life, is a man not being able to change a god damned lightbulb.

I live in NYC so I see a lot of pathetic shit, that however has just stuck with me.

A man I supposed to be able to get shit done user.

Same situation. I couldn't afford college so straight to work. 30 now, fulltime labor job with shifts, 2k a month (europoor), 60k in savings. I live in a very small studio, legit smaller than a fullsized sedan.

Don't be a pussy and go rip the skin apart and let it heal over, then do it again, and again, and again, hopefully you don't stop.

im a tradesman.

got a IQ of 138

im smart enough to realise that sitting in an office all day sucks the life out of you, out on the open road inbetween jobs, lunch when you want, finish early when you want, take the jobs that you want.

it's great when you work for yourself. don't need to do much to get work. just put a ad in the local paper and advertise locally with junkmail.

Also, to reply to myself here. If a 45 year old liberal hippie with two kids can do that, any red pilled man should be able to as well. These courses are not expensive, and you can get financial aid easy af. It's basically the same shit as law school, only you get to work with actual attorneys and learn from them, and you get paid. This is the non cucked way to become an attorney, I'm telling you.

i agree, you can be handy at home and still be a white collar man

they are also useless people, with no life skills.

used to get accountants to talk to me, didn't want to be around them because they made me feel like a spastic.

Because dumb poor people want to feel good about being dumb and poor

kinda true, i do a long hours manual labor job and constantly hear from my colleagues how they would never want to work in an office job even if they got paid loads of money, they just love being outside. i think they're overcompensating for their feelings of inadequacy

« Fuck yeah I love my dick AND only those of my brothers of dirt. »

Die???

I do regret being blue collar sometimes and not being able to have a lot of spending cash, but I'd sooner live on welfare in a rural area than live in a city surrounded by soyboys and niggers, especially in a fucking American city. You yuros really don't know how bad it is here.

My hands look like that. But it's from all the graphite and ink I use for drawing

>isnt hard or challenging
>waaaah why does the tax code have to be so hard to understand!!!

Jealous of smart people. I've been a bookish person all my life, I lift, I box, I work out. But people always feel so much better than me when they say "I bet you've never worked a day in your life", said with an arrogant attitude. Yeah it's true, I'm not good with my hands. I'm good with my brain. One of my personal pet peeves, man I hate when people do this.

and then your back snaps and you are big and fat with a cane and no money and a resentful roastie, no good to yourself or anyone else
some of those desk jobs are a lot harder than you think they are

Because these are (sometimes emergent) needs that never go away. Your lights go out or an outlet shorts, your bathroom is flooding, sink stopped up, commode dies (although commode dying can be DIY unless maybe it's the tank leaking). Auto mechanics.
So many people- guys, can't do this stuff these days. And you need somebody adept to do them.
What is sad is the incredible waste with appliances. Nobody CAN work on them, so people just get a new one/ throw the old one out. So wasteful. And the new ones are shitty.

It's sad that people have become so helpless.

Get real, you just smoke cones all day and have managed to convince yourself during hours of meaningless labor that destroying your body beats sitting in air conditioning perving on the women wearing tight 'business attire' all day.

The same reason white collar jobs are lauded.

>having money to be able to pay people to do things for me and buy myself free time to enjoy at my leisure
Keep memeing poorfag

the most pathetic thing ive ever had to witness is a group of 4 guys and 2 girls on the side of the road with a flat tyre on their minivan.

i stopped and changed it for the spare tyre, the girls thought i was amazing. and the guys felt like complete fucking idiots.

>not working a blue collar job to pay for a stem degree
This is the true path to enlightenment

>your bathroom is flooding, sink stopped up, commode dies

my goal is to fix that while still having a white collar job,i guess it's a bit of a stretch but yeah..

A big part is also that blue collar workers think academics look down on them. Which in my experience really isn't true. But because they think so they act arrogant and shit. I actually have a lot of respect for blue collar workers in general, but I just don't like them on a personal level because of this.

my god that fucking embarrassing

most emergency wards at hospitals are full of "weekend tradesmen" on the weekend.

because they need to feel proud about something

at uni with alot of these kinds of people, they do look down on blue collar people

There's a reason that in the states you need a permit to cut down a tree with a chainsaw

Here you go user:
a.co/9MuBbTZ

As a blue collar worker making $65k/ year, working blue collar sucks ass. I make good money for what I do, but there is no glory or pride to be had about busting your ass day in and day out for a living. Given the option, every blue collar worker with gladly choose to make the same amount of money for a cushy desk job. Those who say otherwise are just liars.

Which blue collar jobs would be useful in a post-apocalyptic scenario, Sup Forums ?

yeah, there are lots of things that i can do by law so i would never go full retard

/thread

Yeah it's the reason why construction workers want to be the foreman

Sitting in a chair all day pays more money than getting a blue collar job.
I have no athleticism, and am a skinny 5'11 vegetarian with baby soft hands. I suppose I could spend more time working out but... I guess I just don't care enough to do it.

My grandfather worked every day of his life to become a master brick layer and built many of the famous buildings in my city, ended up killing him with skin cancer in the 1970's from the sun. These jobs are all going to be obsolete soon, the power of the mind is more powerful than physical muscles now, and a robot made by engineers and programmers does more than a union worker.

I want to learn computer skills and hard math skills to be able to teach my kids. Maybe home school them as computer nerds so they can survive the AI insurrection and hack the Globalist cybernetic warfare armies.

Interesting, thanks!

fuck i'd love to be on welfare in a rural area

sometimes i think off throwing it all in and taking off on my motorcycle to be a nomad.

that i can't do by law*

Right. I can see a robot hanging a light fixture or pulling wire or replacing the flapper on a commode.
Or replacing baseboards. Or building a deck.
In fact, I'd pay to see it. Just for the pleasure of laughing at the "genius" who created said robot.

Carpenter

Plumber

Mechanic

A cook, sort of

Gunsmith

Union exploiting tradies are the last stand of implicit whiteness

True. Physical labour workers usually are stronger and in better shape than guys who sit in a cubical all day. More muscles vs more flab.

Any sort of construction and landscaping, also shit like law enforcement, anything where you'd literally have to rebuild society from the ground up

I dont think trucker is romanticized dude

>'Do you got to the gym, bro?'

>'No, fag, I have a job.'