Happening Bugout Bag General /HBBG/

Its probably a good thing if you don't look like you know what you're doing. Don't have the high speed tactical backpack walking hungry morons.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/200076-Ka-Bar-Becker-Combat-Utility/dp/B001IPMG8K
amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510532764&sr=8-1&keywords=baofeng&dpID=41xV3DDhxBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
youtube.com/watch?v=IC8xA-bOXOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No Comms system

Jesus, get a couple cheap Baofengs and a Tech ticket so you can learn to use them.

t. KX1XXX-AG

Needs firearms and some radios. I'd rather have something a bit better than baofengs. Yaesu makes a nice dual bander that's waterproof.

nice level 3 bag

I reco# the Baofengs because you can get 4 or 5 of them for the price of an Icom or Yaesu and if you're onnly going to use them for Doomsday, it's better to have a bunch for Simplex all programmed together.

Bug out Why? Turn your niegborhood into a defensible position. If the majority of your neighbors are brainwashed by mockingbird, then you should bug out! Or buy more ammo...

I have a few, they're hit or miss. The volume stopped working on a couple that were never used. The one in my truck has been repeatedly abused and works fine. I just don't trust them.

All citidiots will need to bug out, stupid living there in the first place, but some people may not have a choice

I buy the ones refurbed in America and they're pretty damned good. I have 5. One is for Repeaters, one is for Maritime, one is stored in the car for emergencies, and the other two are spares.

I’m rural. I’m better off staying put.

I'll have to look into that. I'm trying to pick an HF rig right now, really having trouble deciding. So many options, so many opinions.

Looking for a portable or a base station? I just got a 1 year old Kenwood TS-590SG for $300 (I'm not kidding). Hooked it to an SDR dongle and I have a full Waterfall and Spectrum display and controller on a laptop with HDSDR. You can't beat a Kenwood, but my second choice was a Yaesu FT-991A but it just doesn't have the sensitivity of a Kenwood, not to mention the Kenwood has an excellent built in ATU.

Well thats very nice op, but you forgot your dildo

bug out bag

is this a picture of your actual bag? I will be happy to give some advice as Ive done quite a bit of backpacking.

I would love to have a portable but right now it looks like a base station. Was looking at the ts2000. I'd like to buy something new, because I assume people are getting rid of them for a reason. But that radio looks awesome. The waterfall displays are great, playing around with SDRs makes me want one on my main rig.

Sauce on meme gear

Whats a good go-to company for those rigs? Would surplus stores be a good idea

Just got this for my bug out bag. Slowly but surely it grows better.

amazon.ca/200076-Ka-Bar-Becker-Combat-Utility/dp/B001IPMG8K

The guy I bought it off of was using it as a back up unit as he was a FEMA Comms officer who retired. We worked together for a few years so he gave me a heavy discount since he doesn't need it anymore and it only had 100 hours on it.

For that price, I sacrificed having a waterfall (I love waterfalls) and was fine with hooking it up to the laptop (bigger display anyway) with a panadapter.

Fucking awesome unit, otherwise. I heard Australia last night with a dipole on 40 meters.

Greetings from /out/
Stay the fuck off our board with these buy out fag threads.
Keep them here like the good nazis you are.

going to start one just for you babe

kek
who are you to tell us anything?
STFO and BTFO.

>implying you speak for /out/
faggot

Beofangs aren't great but for the price they can't be beat.
fyi 2 meters gets crowded in a real happening.

amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510532764&sr=8-1&keywords=baofeng&dpID=41xV3DDhxBL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

That's nice unit. I have an older comms receiver right now, but it mostly only receives ham frequencies. I have a lot of fun listening to others stuff as well, so I'd really like wideband receive. I have an 80/40/20 dipole set up in a terrible spot, and I can hear stuff I wouldn't have thought I could. Once its up properly I'm sure it'll be even better. Might as well put up the one I made for 160m as well. Really enjoy building them and seeing them work.

surplus stores? Probably not. I got my rifle plates from shellback tactical. There is no shortage of companies you can order pouches and accessories from. I even got some cheap condor carrier and pistol plates from ebay for a good price.

>Tech ticket
what is this?

call me a brainlet but I always wondered how words and letters were separated in morse
like, "was that a comma or 'mim'", you know.

I like them. I take one to Detroit when I go to take pictures of the Freighters (I'm a boat nerd) to monitor maritime comms and don't worry about losing it or having it stolen because they're so cheap.

My Kenwood has the MARS Mod (R900 clipped) so I have full access to TX on everything. I tend to DX RX more than talk, too, but mostly because I have nothing to say.

My bugout bag is a bottle of scotch, mac and cheese box, Jurassic park DVD, and my .357 pistol.
My plan is to make some Mac and cheese, pop in Jurassic park, drink some scotch, and shoot myself when the move ends.

I don't plan to live through the apocalypse.

Technician class Amateur Radio license. It's the "entry level" ticket in America.

oh yeah
that license is insanely expensive here in Norway

$15 in America. How much in Norway?

>le coward run away backpack

I dont even see any snare wire, are you planning to live off of grass user?

Why the fuck would you need Proper Credentials if SHTF?

you only need the one license, but it is $245 usd
insanely expensive

>Hard Mode
>Bug out into the city

>/out/
the board about shopping and accessories. no one has ever even been innawoods on that board. it's about shoes and bags and fucking faggot shopping. you know this is true

Dear Lord in Heaven, I ask only for all that is in this photograph, minus the claimed woman.
Please Lord, I beg of you for this gift.
Thank you God.

It's so you can learn to use them before the SHTF. Besides, you can practice message relaying on the Message Net Control stations which is used in SHTF and you can do Skywarn and maybe save lives.

i like that the pants already have cum stains on them

>do you need some spare ammo, m'lady?

I'm learning it now. Its tough, and I miss a lot. I'm trying to learn at the normal speed, and not slow it down. I don't need to learn it, but I think its fun to learn it and can hopefully help someone out someday.
I listen way more than I talk. My local repeater is always talking about these great projects, and technical talks that make my head spin. But I show up to help out at events, I've learned so much from these people. To learn what the fuck you're doing.

>he could have wished for evil to be defeated but he wishes for things

god is lmaoing@ leafs

That's fucking stupid. I don't understand the point in that. You can literally save lives using it

Yeah, I'm taking my Extra next month and I'm going to get my VE certification through ARRL. All the VEs around here are 70+ and on O2, so I feel it's important to get my VE to make sure there's some younger blood at the exams.

I'm a member of 2 clubs here that do exams on different days, so I figure I'm good to help at both.

5 C's of survival friends, remember these items as they WILL extend your survival during SHTF

>Cordage (Rope)
>Cutting (Knife)
>Container (Cup)
>Cover (mylar/nylon tarp)
>Combustion (fire)

Having these items is only half the equation. Make sure to learn survival techniques with these tools. First thing to secure is water, without water you will survive less than 4 days. With the listed tools, you can primitively distill and purify water.

Now, look at one of your hands and count these 5 C's of survival with me again.

>Combustion
>Cover
>Cutting
>Cordage
>Container

And always secure water. 5 C's out.

>dual wield tactical battle blades
Smart man, but with an unmodded gun he won't last five picoseconds on the field of war.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit silly to buy a full float handguard and then attach the sling to the barrel.

more like LARP general

if your jizz is green go see a doctor.

My power animal is the raykin all I need is medic knowledge good barter skill

Yea cuz that’s not conspicuous...

Ive only got my general right now, so I plan on getting my VE for helping techs get licensed. Getting my extra is probably going to take awhile. But I'll get there.
I travel a few times a year back and forth between places and I would like to join this other one too. But when I've tried to talk on there repeater there seems to be nobody there, guess they don't want to talk to anyone that's not from around there.

> good barter skill
Its not going to be like a video game.

I just have a crate of slim jims and a hole to hide in.

>implying you'd survive a week during a real happening

You'd do better fortifying your home and filling up your bug out bag with food, water, and element cover.
The rest of this shit is meme as fuck.
Seriously, anyone who packs medical equipment that isn't antibiotics and stitch thread is a dumbass.

There's one repeater Up North at my cabin and there's no dead spots for others on the way up. Always hear someone on the trip. I know all the guys at the town where my cabin is (small place) and when I go up, they'll always ragchew with me and tell me where they are fishing. I'll grab beers and join them. It's kinda nice.

> larping as a bugout pro
> virgin unused gear
> carries an ice pick
> an ice pick
> ice pick
> virgin
okay

youtube.com/watch?v=IC8xA-bOXOo

How much autism do you need to have to array your shit like this?

Seriously they don't even make a backpack big enough to carry all this autism.

newfaggot

>no katana
what a waste

Marttiini knives only. No Mora. Mora is the Hi Point of knives.

>using grimlock improperly
I agree, seems odd desu.
I got a FLC, most basic chest rig, from MidwayUSA for about $12. You can find compatible pouches just about anywhere. Plate carriers will run you a lot more, especially with armor. If you're really looking to save money get yourself a set of ALICE suspenders with pouches and a backpack.

That is nice. I plan on making my way to Maine, hopefully there'll be some nice folks up there. I'm really interested in QRP rigs but I want to get a main rig first.

What're you talking about? She's got big titties I'll take

powdered milk n eggs are apparently too nasty to eat, so thats a bummer. I'm not eating any nasty shit. theres a bunch of cows and chickens around here.

>tfw no guns

STOMP kit w/ 4 CAT's. Done.

these
i hope ur memeing

I'd recommend building an mcHF if you want to learn how to solder SMTs.

I'm ordering the boards next paycheck and I've almost converted all the British parts numbers to Mouser Electronics numbers and calculated when it's cheaper to buy 100 SMTs of a particular type than the needed 55 (or whatever).

Looks to be about a $200 build sans mic and case. Plus, waterfall.

Knife
Pan for boiling
Mug
Rope
Canned Goods
First aid kit
That's about it i guess

Jeez. Why do idiots think a day bag is a full on bug out bag? You need something that can carry more than that purse of yours!

I go down with the ship, babe

Oh yeah, also a functional brain

now i'm the leaf

I'd rather get a plate carrier. I'm in liberal hellhole so I technically can't buy plates. I'm pretty sure it might be a felony. Pathetic. But I have about year here...and off to freedom land

i don't think i care enough to bug out.

You can get an sks in New Zealand

thats funny all i have is a gun and ammo, now i have all you have bc you dont.

books
if shit hits the fan you are not buying food from the local store that has been looted 8 ways from sunday. get books on eatable plants and basic medical, learn a thing or 2 about gardening. all that fancy shit in your bag wont do a fucking thing for you if you cant use it or are dead because you eat some fucking berry and got the shits

A dit is one unit
3 unit pause between letters
7 unit pause between words

I've looked at them. They seem fantastic, learning and saving money. I've never built anything that complicated, and I was confused by how/what to buy with it. $200 for that is a steal. And it looks neat.

this should be americas national anthem

Well in that case, count me out.

if a shit show ever happens isn't it best to just stay in your attic with food, water and a gun

instead of dicking around outside with your backpack like some kind of adventurer

Really? Are mags limited to 3 rounds?

how do you feel about benchmade or crkt?

Plate carriers are cool. I think the FLC has more capacity for pockets and gear, though. More if you get a better brand like the 5.11 one, but those are expensive. My reasoning is that the chances I'll get shot is very slim, whether on a normal day or SHTF. On the other hand if I do get shot my chances of getting killed or incapacitated with or without armor are both very high, armor may improve chances of only being incapacitated but there will be no one around to help me if I am incapacitated so what's the point. Also keep in mind most of these plate carriers and armor plates only cover a very small portion of your chest and vital organs so if you do get a good enough piece of armor and get shot you have to be very lucky for it to be stopped by the plates. You'd be better off getting a bump helmet or even a ballistic helmet. I think chances of falling or otherwise severely hurting your head is much more likely than a survivable firefight.

Shit, I wish I had the Mouser numbers list ready so I could give it to you here, sadly I don't.

But a couple cheap "SMT Practice" kits off Amazon or Ebay, watch SMT how to vids and don't skip on a good iron, flux and rosin core solder. (I bought a 10 piece tweezers set for $3, only thing I went cheap on.)

It's a well loved QRP set in Europe and the Chinese have started selling a clone for $500.

I have access to a 3D printer, so I'm probably going to print a case for it.

CAN YOU LIST ALL THE ITEMS YOU HAVE PLEASE

Canned goods are annoying to carry around after a while. MREs are easier to pack, weigh less, and you don’t need a can opener for them. The freeze dried pouch meals are even better if you have water availabe to rehydrate.

I like older Benchmades. My "Bat Belt" multi-tool is a Benchmade from 2001-2002. Never dealt with crkt and I hear new Spidercos are junk.

>if you don't look like you know what you're doing.
>Dat poncho in a plastic pouch and those shitty gloves.

You don't get outside much do you?

Muhammed will be running wild outside. Sitting around would be for cowards. It would be time to clean the streets.

>not taking several packs of condoms

Do you want to die of AIDS? Or do you just want the experience of delivering a child in the woods by yourself?

Every day I have:
>5.11 Rush 12 backpack
>Gerber multitool and knife
>a couple of flashlights
>basic and intermediate medical supplies (bandaids, bandages, tape, antiseptics, antibiotics)
>a full canteen with stove and cup
>fire steel, fire starters
>simple backpacking food
>no gf
I work very close to home and seldom stray very far from my area. If anything ever happens I'm almost guaranteed to be able to at least make it home to gear up with the rest of my kit.
>and by kit i mean an AR pistol with a light on it and a dumb FLC with some mag pouches on it