40GB for 26 episodes

>40GB for 26 episodes
But why? Is the difference really that significant? I feel like 600MB for a 30 minute episode is the sweet spot. Any less and it starts looking like shit, anymore and I stop noticing a difference

Are you torrenting anime on your fucking phone?

>visible sage
Nice. And yes, then using a media server to play it on a 60 inch

That's autistic

Pre-2004 shows tend to be huge because of grain and shit

We're on Sup Forums buddy. The home of autism

Not really, media servers on pc's are a huge pain in the ass. Better to just use Bubble from a phone and cast it to your TV

How the fuck is it a pain to set up a media server on a PC? Literally just make a folder called "anime" and add it to Plex.

nigga go download a artificially grained BD from coalgirls then come back and complain

Plex likes to rename all my anime to "Pawn Wars 2013" I've never even seen pawn wars and don't watch any American TV other than Rick and Morty and GoT. This makes it impossible to find what you want to watch and if you do you spend 20 minutes looking for the next episode

That's what FileBot is for

Ya, I'm not doing all that shit just for a prescription service when I already have a fast and easy setup that works great

No, that's the smartest way to do it. He is patrician.

>prescription service
What did he mean by this?

I've downloaded anime over IRC XDCC on my phone.

Subscription...we've already established I'm probably autistic

Does it work the same way as on an irc client on pc?

You literally don't even have to pay for Plex if you just stream it to your PS4

>of course the retard is a fucking console peasant

>implying it's anything other than my anime machine

Because everyone totally has a PS4

>buying a $400 anime machine when you can use your phone and a chrome cast like OP is literally doing

I am pretty much positive that everyone on this board has a PS4 or an Xbox or at least a fucking Roku.

>I am pretty much positive that everyone on this board has a PS4 or an Xbox or at least a fucking Roku.

Wrong

>assuming we're all console peasants because your dumbass is

I don't have those.

He can't be serious can he?

All this says is that you're poor. I feel sorry for you guys.

>trying this hard to rationalize buying his peasant box

>Trying this hard to feel superior when you're actually crushed under the weight of how poor you are.

Heh.

>poor
>owns a PC instead of a console
Try harder please

Nice Sup Forums reaction image

>not owning both

>Doesn't own both
>Somehow isn't poor
That's where you keep messing up. It must be sad to make a decision where you can only own one thing. Not to mention that PC might not be that good since you can only afford a PC.

Why would I buy a shitty console when I already have a PC? You are the single handly response for the most retarded conversation I've ever had with another human being

To watch anime? It seems you're not as dedicated to the hobby as some of us.

How is a ps4 better for watching anime? Are you literally fucking retarded? You know what, I have better stuff to do than argue with some autist over his peasant box

To play video games that don't come out for the PC? To watch anime on your big screen TV?

>I'm poor.
Nice answer.

>playing games
>in 2016
No more good games get made. It's all cancer or trash. Good job on wasting your money on a meme box.

Yeah I'm sure you have much better things to do right now dude.

>No more good games get made.
Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

You're funny.

I have a WiiU

Why would I when my shitposting machine does everything I want it to do?

Why don't you guys just use a fucking HDMI cable to watch anime on your 60 inch TVs what am I missing here?

Do you move your fucking desktop downstairs everytime you want to watch anime?

Because I'm not going to take my computer and put it on wheels or buy a fucking long ass HDMI cable to drag across my place to my TV.

So you don't have a laptop as well? Or a TV in your room?

Enjoy your cookie-cutter 80$ games in which half the content needs to be bought afterwards as DLC and micro transactions. I hope you like walking simulators, randomly generated quests, social commentaries and 8bit inspired artstyle, because that's all you're gonna get.

Don't forget to pre-order or you won't get the play the game ONE WHOLE DAY EARLY and get that super ICONIC bonus baseball cap! :^)

No because I'm not a degenerate

Elaborate

>$80 games
I'm not buying EA games. You also seem to be super bitter about something, but I mostly buy Japanese games that almost never get PC releases. So yeah, you're basically just a faggot who can't have grapes.

So I'm going to have to download something twice to have on my computer and laptop just to hook up to my TV randomly when I feel like watching it on my TV? It's 100% easier to just use PLEX and rip everything off your desktop. Simple as fuck. I don't need to download on multiple computers or connect and disconnect things all the time.

>Brags about his shitty ps4
>literally the most barebones media player app in existance
>cants switch audio or video channels
>turns .ass into standard .srt's
>destroys non embedded subs if they have a - in them making it stream down the screen like code
>cant play Hi10 at all
>gives error message for FLAC audio
As someone with a PS4 it is the worst anime watching experience possible. Don't buy into this retards memeing

>I am pretty much positive that everyone on this board has a PS4 or an Xbox or at least a fucking Roku.

I'm jealous at all of you guys who can afford those consoles and games but can we please get back on topic?

Are you using PLEX?

What the fuck are you even talking about?

ITT: Poorfags justify why they can't afford anything beyond a potato PC and try to act smart because of convoluted workarounds.

Nintendo and Steam is pretty much gaming master race. The only thing you miss out on is a few weird Japanese titles on the PS4 and Bloodbourne.

That said, I have a cheap Skylake system in the living room for watching shit on and emulators.

>no in-home streaming
>no external hard drive with anime on it
>not just putting it on a USB stick
No, you don't have to download it twice.

Do you want the velocidensity of the compressed audio to fuck up the episodes when you try to watch it again years later?

I use Videostream to stream shit to my Chromecast. It's pretty good, just SOME subs get a little wonky sometimes.

Yup, PC gaming covers everything Sony and Microsoft can do on their consoles except the very few worthwhile exclusives like Bloodborne, and Nintendo consoles provide a unique experience you can't get elsewhere.

>no in-home streaming
This is exactly what you're doing with a PS4 / Roku / Whatever
>no external HDD with anime on it
So I have to go and plug the HDD into the laptop and then plug the laptop into the TV and run it that way?
>not just putting it on a USB stick
Same thing like above. Unless you're implying I plug it into my tv in which case that's just crazy.

Fuck off back to your madoka thread.
Times were better when you just had your generals and nothing else.

Have you surpassed 100 anime viewed? You can't be far by now, only 200 to go and you've seen the minimum for having a relevant point of view.

Wait...so you're saying you use Plex on the ps4 instead of the media player? ...so you bought a $400 Plex box... Holy shit the retardation knows no bounds. You realize every smart TV in existence supports Plex. Not to mention if you don't have one a Chromecast is $30. How can anyone be this dumb? But either way it still won't play Hi10 or FLAC since the PS4 itself doesn't support it for some bizarre reason and Plex won't transpose for you

Madoka threads only happen when I'm asleep so I'm free to post in other threads now.

>less and it starts looking like shit
>anymore and I stop noticing a difference
>I feel like
>phone to media server to play it
>60 inch
Holy shit is this rediit trying to bait Sup Forums or what? one could be the most tryhard newfag on Sup Forums and still could sound less gay.

Hopefully you'll get a stomach ulcer soon. The world can only get better without morons like yourself.

Not to mention consoles get zero MOBA's besides Smite and only the most skeleton strategy games. Have fun missing out on Europa and Crusader Kings

No, I bought my PS4 to play video games. I bought my Fire to watch Hulu, Netflix, and Plex. I usually only watch anime on my computer. I was only arguing that it's retarded to assume you're better because you only own a PC. It just shows that you're poor.

I'm pretty much on my last legs anyway. I hope when I die, I can continue posting until the heat death of the universe. I never want you to forget about me user-chan~

yeah, it is. that size isn't even really enough for the eva bds. they have lots of film grain, which is difficult for video encoders to compress, so you get fairly huge filesizes if you want it to look good.

While I agree at least he doesn't seem to be one of these console retards trying to desperately validate their retarded purchases

Check'em
You didn't expect these, right?

>bought a ps4 to play games
>calls everyone else poor

Please don't laugh at the mentally disabled.

>He thinks that you can only own one device that can play video games.
That's pretty sad, senpai.

CBM is a terrible release. Get Sephirotic instead (although expect a v8). Stupid phoneposting retard.

Finally someone on fucking topic. Thank you user for the answer. Someone the whole film grain thing slipped my mind when I ask the question

What do you guys use your TVs for if you don't have a PC connected to them already? I've had a TV PC since 2004.

Cable subscriptions are silly. You could probably buy box sets of all the shows you enjoy for less then a year's subscription. There's also torrents for free and netflix isn't that expensive.

It's really nice to have a computer in the living room that you know doesn't have any restrictions or limitations in what you can do with it.

When I turn mine on it automatically mounts my music, movies, and a few other things from all my computers over ssh. It also controls all my stereo systems in and out of the house, and Steam streaming.

Why the fuck would you want to deal with the headache of bullshit software to use anything else? You don't even have to update a living room PC unless you play games directly on it or get a higher resolution TV.

I had my previous system for almost ten years until my 720 TV took a shit a month ago and I used it as an excuse to upgrade the living room.

While we're on the subject of downloading autism I need to get this off my chest:

>go to get some show from bakabt
>1080p version is freeleech
>it's also like 30GB
>my laptop's 1440x900 and I only ever have ~15GB free on my HDD at any one time
>720p is never freeleech

I'm not that autistic about ratios or anything but I at least want to stay above the warned level and it hurts me inside so bad.

Modern TVs are all "Smart" capable, and are literal botnet.

I thought the Sup Forums crossboarder meme was just a meme. Boy was I wrong.

So this discussion about 1 gb per episode anime became a PC vs console?

>What do you guys use your TVs for if you don't have a PC connected to them already?
Currently I have my Amazon Fire, PS4, PS2, and WiiU connected to it. So yeah, I like playing video games.

>i thought X wad just a meme

Please for the love of all that is holy kill yourself

This bothers me too. I work on my backlog rather slowly so I only download from Baka a few times a year, but my ratio has been steadily declining from this. Honestly does it even matter though? If I get banned I'll just make a new account.

>I like playing video games
You need to be at least 18 to post on Sup Forums, user.

MODS

Stop being jelly.

1.) A downscaled 1080 release will look better than an upscaled 720, unless encode and bitrate of the 1080 is utter shit (usually not on bakabt).
2.) Get more storage or delete shitty seasonal shows.
3.) You can grab public torrents off of baka without and account and never bother with ratio.

>be 25+
>still plays vidya
The fuck you do have against my hobby?

You're from Sup Forums.

He's 16. What do you expect?

They whine about the whole "one account per person" thing and they'll use your IP to keep track so it's just a pain. My seedbox picks up my slack at least.

I don't save much on my laptop honestly, it's a 230gb hdd and most of that is lossless music and I'm planning on building a rig so an external would be a waste of money.

Boom, problem solved friendio

No, actually Sephirotic is complete garbage. That dipshit not only fucked with the contrast, but also couldn't be arsed to encode in 10bit like a fag. 2D4U is the best encode. 10bit and no contrast fuckery.

Sup Forums is my home board though.

It's cancerous as fuck and only retards who like getting fucked in the ass, hipsters and literal children still do it.