The geofront in Evangelion literally makes no sense. Like, there's two levels right, the surface level...

The geofront in Evangelion literally makes no sense. Like, there's two levels right, the surface level, and then there's the subsurface level which also has grass and water, because in that one shot you can see the buildings hanging downwards because they retracted them and they are over top of the grass of the dome where the real geofront is.

So, like, first, the buildings shouldn't reverse orientation when the descend underground, the should just rise up and down like elevators, but they flip which mean all the people who live there have furniture on the ceiling and the floor and it's nailed down or some shit.

Alright, but then there is the se ond underground city near the nerv pyramid which for some reason has a warship sitting in a lake underground in front of it, prolly so Asuka can smash it later.

But Asuka is fighting in the geofront in the finale, and Shinji shows up there too and he gets lifted into the sky by the mass pro Eva's which makes no sense since they are underground.

This happens a bunch of times. Like how did Toji get underground?

Pic related, it's best girl

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqKVjVuW1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait, when do we see the buildings were positioned upside-down?

Looks upside down to me

One of the early episodes when Shinji first sees the geofront. Probably episode one. It's a reverse skyline. Then Misato drives him to see the buildings rise up and tells him he saved the city.

>But Asuka is fighting in the geofront in the finale, and Shinji shows up there too and he gets lifted into the sky by the mass pro Eva's which makes no sense since they are underground.
I was under the impression that Rei's suicide bomb blew up most of tokyo-3

Holy shit, are you fucking retarded? The buildings all sink down just as far as they were sticking up. I thought this was fucking obvious. They're not flipped you fucking idiots.

Holy shit, if there are Eva fans this stupid it makes sense now why some people found the series "2deep".

There's antennae on the bottom of some of the buildings though

Yes, and? antennae/poles can exists for various reasons. What you're seeing are the bottoms of all the buildings sinking down as far as they went up. The buildings are designed this way, so it's no surprise that the bottoms look different.

What was that warship even for, it was obviously nerves, but it just sat there durong the assault like a bathtoy.

And like, the Eva's launch out of the buildings to appear in the city above, which makes sense if they are battling in the geofront, but if it's in the upper city, it's clearly not connected to the nerv pyramid complex.

>he gets lifted into the sky by the mass pro Eva's which makes no sense since they are underground
I don't believe that one could remember this and not that they bombed it open or the visual of the Evas circling through the hole on vulture wings.

Do you not see at the bottom of the buildings where the restraints plug in when they rise up?

I think OP is actually braindead, he thinks they flip the fucking buildings when it's established visually multiple times that the buildings sink down like elevators.

Still, he did remind me I need to re-watch NGE.

A hole in the geofront isn't the same as the surface though. Rei did that bomb shit in episode eighteen right, when asuka got beheaded. That whole battle occurred underground, because Shinji was there and he ran into Kaji watering his melons right above Adam, and he just ran into nerv hq because he was basically right there. I think the only time they really fought on the surface was for the falling angel.

Look at the pics bro, those are upside down buildings.

Why would the buildings have diagonal slants on the bottom if they weren't upside down?

All of the surface structure and nearly all of the layers of armor and packed earth over the Geofront. Rei turned mankind's fortress city into an inland sea.

Holy Christ, this better be some bait.

If you compare the skyline to the scene where Shinji watches them rise up with Misato, you will see that it is the inverse. Mraning , somehow, these buildings are capable of reversing their orientation.

Impressive architecture to say the least, although I'm pretty sure that's actually not physically possible if it weren't a cartoon.

I'm guessing the reason the cityscape LOOKS upside down is purely due to design/convenience-based choices. It makes no sense for the cities to actually be flipped, considering how counterintuitive that would be. Also, we're literally shown the process by which the city is hidden underground.

>it's not really upside down it just looks that way

I think the way the city has to work is that the buildings collapse like an accordion almost, and that's how they flip. A kind of telescoping effect.

>Also, we're literally shown the process by which the city is hidden underground.
What if they flip it midway though?

Go away before your dumb infects the whole board.

Or they could be on an axis of some sort, and do a 180 degree flip upside down.

Assuming you're serious, explain why this would be functionally advantageous for the geofront and not just needlessly convoluted.

The show is barely logically foolproof. I sincerely doubt the key animator thought of the logical consequences of designing the city as if it were upside down. As for why the city looks like that, I would imagine he/she/Anno just wanted to design a cool looking underground city and drew a flipped cityscape.

how would a geofront be functionally advantageous in the first place

They're not flipped, though, this user is right and stop pissing him off with dumb bait.

I think they just flipped the city to reuse the asset for TV, the bases of the buildings don't look anything like the same in manga or Rebuild.

It wouldn't. That's why I said:

>the geofront in evangelion makes no sense.

You appear to be arguing with me despite sharing my view on the subject.

Okay, so the words are written right side up when viewed from the underground. Hmm. Hmmmmmmmm

It's not supposed to make sense, it's just supposed to look cool
Welcome to the genius of Anno

Probably for communication with the facilities on the ground of the geofront.

I suspect that the upper city doesn't have any actual residents so robots can feel free to smash the shit out of it, and it also serves to attract angels, sorta like when they built a fake ten ten miles to the west of the real town in blazing saddles.

Have you considered the put antennae on both sides?

This has got to be the stupidest Eva thread I have ever read and that is saying something.

I want to cum in Asuka while I look her deep in the eyes then hold her all night long

I know.

>bottom antennaes

I don't know if I've ever heard a sillier counterpoint. Who would build those?

Humans?
Aliens?
Your mom?

>I think the only time they really fought on the surface was for the falling angel.
What? They almost always fight on the surface? Did you forget all those shots of the Eva being transported into the elevator and then shooting up?

That's the geofront. Remember the episode with the big fuck off drill episode? That happened underground, because there is another layer of ground above it. The diamond was actually drilling into headquarters, to make a passage with Adam.

But it was two times on the real surface. They also threw the spear from there once. And Asuka's battleship debut obvs.

Forget the antennas, fucking one of the building has a roof access door on it. You would never have that on the basement of a building because it would open up into a giant cavern for no reason. Unless sometimes your basement was a roof.

The buildings flip.

honestly same bro.

Not true. Only the Zeruel fight takes place underground.

No, man, most of the fights are on nerv's doorstep. You can tell by the pyramid, and if the evas launched from a building. You can see that there is a huge gap because a city literally hangs from the ceiling of their cavern, so if they fight up there, the Eva's have to be flown out or something.

But definitely right after gendo killed Toji they were underground too because shinji is stepping on their pyramid.

Except the fights take place in the middle of the city which would be literally impossible unless the Eva was glued to the ceiling. And Unit-03 is transported by plane when it gets taken over by an angel.

Took me a minute. No, man, they aren't fighting in the upside down city. Kay, there's the ground, with the sky above. On this level is Tokyo 3, the city that can retract. Somehow. It retracts into the geofront. The geofront is a big cavern. On the floor of that is more lush grass and water and watermelon patches. There is also a second city and a pyramid for nerv HQ. Lilith is buried in the ground below THAT.

The second city, underground, those buildings don't retract. But they can have their sides open to let Eva's out. I'd draw a diagram, but I am on my phone.

Except when they're underground you can see a metallic sheen in the "sky"like here or in my pic, whereas all the fights in the city you can see the actual sky with clouds and and the sun.

So you are saying that every single fight in a city takes place above ground? There is no second city at all?

How do you explain all the people waiting in the shelters when zureul attacks and asuka's head crashes in on them? Or how about when that guy hijacks the campaign truck and drives through the gate to nerv hq? They were campaigning in the city outside.

Which is different than the retractable city constantly above them. They couldn't get up there without power anyway. Or down from there.

This fucking thread

Nerv HQ is a massive facility, it probably has above and below ground elements.

Zeruel's fight clearly takes place underground. How do you explain the sky in other fights if it's not underground?

Like schools for children? In episode 4 when Rei and Shinji get pulled from class cause muh angel attacks, Toji and Kensuke sneak out and watch the fight. I'd wager that if they have schools they probably have apartments and restaurants and other typical city stuff. It's a huge undertaking they got down there.

I agree, it was underground. Obvs. Two cities!

Why do you think it's called Tokyo 3? There is quite likely a Tokyo 2 or 4 or however numbers work in Japan.

This always bugged me. As did the weapons launch. Cause it's implying there's skyscraper shells above ground that were just built to act as launch points in the future

Shut the fuck up fireposter, no one likes you

What if Evangelion was really taking place upside down the whole time and we only thought it was happening right side up? That would explain the upside down city. Kinda obvious when you realize it.

1. It's anime
2. Asuka is a bitch

CUTE
U
T
E

Fuck check out these upside down plants guys, they must be nailed down into the pots or something.

>what did he mean by this?

The whole issue is this inexplicable hanging city, right? Well, what if the series took place upside down and we are so used to things being right side up, we never noticed. Then everything would make sense. Shinji rode past a right-side up city, and from his pointbof view, the city was descending I to the ground, we only thought it was rising up, because that is how we perceive things.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqKVjVuW1I

Thread theme

wtf I hate geofronts now

I feel this one is underrated, it's basically a pixar movie and people keep harping on it for not being hard enough sci-fi

Asuka Holmes' finger are fucked up

Better get those plants to the doctor.

First of all the upside down city is not Tokyo-3 after recessing into the ground. This is obvious in the first episode after Sachiel's attack. We see the upside down city but Tokyo-3's buildings are still up at that point.

What this means is that the "upside-down" city is something that's constantly there. The most likely answer is that the bottom of Tokyo-3's buildings simply extend into the underground, perhaps to make them bigger without making them taller.

Or perhaps the more probable answer is that it's simply there to look cool and there wasn't any logic that was applied.

That photo raises more questions than it answers. Did you shop it just to fuck with us?

Nope and you can check for yourself. First episode at 17:32.

consider the following

The stairwell door that you drew on the red portion makes no sense.

Is it actually confirmed that the upside down buildings have normal "rooftops", complete with stairwell doors?

Looking at you can't clearly make it out, can you?

I mean sure, they look like normal buildings, but that might just be an aesthetic design choice. Or perhaps it's a clever cover for their real purpose (e.g. they house gun turrets or something).

If a rooftop has an antenna and that kind of door, and we accept that somehow these buildings flip, you need a roof access to repair antennas to the underground because of gravity.

Actually, it doesn't matter if they flip or not, you still need access to repair them, but that is something that can't be done if they don't flip. And at the rate shit in the city breaks..

It wasn't Rei who did that, it was the N2 mine in EOE. Specifically, when they are fighting in the headquarters and they say "I'm surprised they haven't used N2 mines yet" or something to that effect. Then they use regular artillery through the blast hole it opened up

Perhaps it was incase an EVA got stuck in the lake and they needed to tow it out

>Evangelion literally makes no sense
Holy shit stop the presses

Eva thread? finally, there's something bugged me.
Pic related, how the hell Rei acted on her own like this, the people at the room should know about that since they launched the Eva and gave her the bomb.
It really pissed me off. Of course this scene is not really relevant, but everytime I see watermelon, it reminded me with Kaji watered his plants when this scene happened.

Cheap animators.

why would cheap animators include something even though they shouldn't

Yeah its confusing as fuck
Like, did shinji and his friends go to school aboveground or underground?

Above. Nobody gets into the GeoFront without a Nerv ID or during an evacuation. They'd just build everything inside and not bother with the elevator city if it were public and everybody was allowed to come and go at will.

But didn't the whole city get evacuated?
Where did everyone go?

Could be to different cities or countries, remember, Toyko-3 isn't the only survivor in this world, you still got America for example.

Right on, world's suffering but still well developed. Anyone who wasn't involved started leaving Tokyo-3 in droves the first time an Angel attacked it. Before that Tokyo-3 was so private that Shinji knew what a Geofront was, was so into that it that he forgot all about the day he was having the first time he saw it, and it was news to him that one even existed.

I thought Geofront was a term in Sci-Fi, so it made sense when he said "An actual geofront"

Is a geofront even possible? Can a smartfag explain it to me? Wouldn't we all die from lack of fresh oxygen and how is plant life sustained on a mass scale? Why doesn't the upper level just collapse?

Okay, now look here you faggots.
The red indicates the BOTTOM of the buildings.

In diagram 1, the city is above ground. The bottoms of the buildings all line up with each other and the tops rise to their respective positions.

In diagram 2, the city is BELOW ground. The bottoms, indicated by the red, have all sunk down to varying levels, and it is the tops which are aligned. This is why the cityscape looks mirrored from below.

It doesn't matter what the hell all the details on the bottoms are. They could be there for access, or they could just be there because the artist thought it looked cool. That doesn't fucking matter, it's not important. The main point is that the buildings sink down, they don't fucking flip. This is established visually and verbally multiple times in the show.

THERE IS NO REAL CITY IT'S ONLY SHINJI KUN IMAGINATION IN REALITY HE'S AREALDFY IN STRUMENTALITY HE'S THINKIGNG ALL OF IT

IT'SSS SOO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP GUISE U DON'T UNDERASTAND

please stop.NGE is a good robot show and nothing more,everything about the series is as clear as the sky and there is nothing more to discuss about it

Except Eva is about relationships and individuality.
>jojo
Fuck off.

I despise lewdposting but I cannot deny that I wish to do the same.

Ok.

>Asukafags are THIS stupid

>Reifag abusing capitals like the little fuckboy newfag he is
Fucking ebin. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another falseflag.