How do you guys feel about Shaft animating Fate Extra in the next year?

How do you guys feel about Shaft animating Fate Extra in the next year?
Their animation sucks, but at least Shaft knows how to draw noses, unlike ufotable.

youtu.be/88XINGg0WWM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4y9BDpn_Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=PO2w29PwoFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Shaft
>animating

>Shaft knows how to draw noses, unlike ufotable.

Yes, because it's the animation studio's fault that the character designer made them that way.

Shaft makes my favorite power point presentations so I'm looking forward to this.

pretty much this

Rin looked better in Deen's adaptation. DEEN, user.

Who cares, it's just more shameless milking of the Fate franchise's creatively bankrupt IP.

You'd think they would have made enough money with that autistic mobile game, those PSP games, and the endless avalanche of merchandise, but I guess not. They gotta manufacture more waifus and invent more pointless incarnations of Saber to sell more figurines.

ufotable must employ a lot of gays and girls, given the amount of detail and love they pour into their guys.

Again, it's not the studio that makes the difference. If they had hired the same character designer from UBW 2010 then she would have looked the same regardless of studio.

It's the same reason why Zero's character designs look different from UBW 2014's despite them both being animated by ufotable.

FeMC or we riot

Hell no. DEEN designs look like everyone's been dunked in a vat of oil.

You also have to take in account that not only Nasu worked with the anime staff. I'm pretty Takeuchi also worked with the designers and that's just how he draws nowadays. Pretty much just two different styles of face.

Shaft would be good if they would stop animating everything the same way since like 2008. Homogenizes their work even if everything they do doesn't necessarily fit Shinbo's style.

Hopefully it generates enough revenue for CCC anime. CCC was created so elaborately that it makes Extra look like it was written just for the sake of its sequel. I would feel disappointed if Nero is the main focus of the anime, I want Tamamo to have a chance for the spotlight since she's best girl. It would be interesting to see shaft adapt Extra, but I don't think they are best suited for capturing the atmosphere of the game.

>they would stop animating
they did, long ago

Shinbo is trying to follow in Oonuma's footsteps now.

The pupil has become the master.

This. Its borderline fugo-bait.

Actually, Extra is legit and this has potential to be a great series if done right. They could also end up adapting CCC which is the best story in the franchise.

But which route?

This is important.

>if done right
>shaft
yeah, that's not gonna happen
You know they'll just slap the monogatari style on it and call it a day.

MC or we riot

Every episode written by Nasu though. It has potential at least.

Caster or bust

The problem isn't gonna be the writing, it's the directing.

Why did Nasu make the Extra heroines such big titty sluts when Saber and Rin were flat/medium sized? Did he actually feel bad about leaving only Sakura to fans of large udders?

TOUCH FLUFFY TAIL

>nosefags

I honestly despise their directing style so I won't even watch it.

Gross

I was really hoping they'd do CCC with female protag and Gil, but that seems unlikely now.

Sounds like Kyoani

What did you think the "extra" in the title referred to?

Rani is probably legit the flattest non-loli in the franchise, though. CCC also still plays service to the DFC-lovers.

Also Rin's in the game, too, so even if you don't like cowtits you've still got variety.

PV when?

Shaft's animation is best and the most unique out of the studios though

Sure there's other choices, but Caster/Nero is the girl you spend the most time with. There's other big boob women in F/SN like Rider, but Sakura is the only main heroine.

I'd rather Caster's bust, if you know what I mean.

Yeah and I think Negima is the best (worst) example of this. They went full SHAFT with the series and it killed off almost all of the manga's identity. When they toned it down for the OVAs, it was actually decent and actually feels like a Negima anime.

Hopefully Shaft's Chiwa Saito obsession leads to the Caster route.

What do you mean?

>each post with Chitose is shitposting
That's a future you choose

This pleases me greatly

I don't get it either, could you explain further, preferably with images?

If you guys could choose, what anime studio would you rather have animate Fate/Extra? Maybe Ufotable for me but they seem to be busy with HF.

Rani is the most unappealing character to have been created in the nasuverse. At best she's an inferior Sion.

How could anyone like her, or even choose her route in f/extra?

why would you want anyone other than SHAFT? They've already shown they're perfect for the job. Ufotable are garbage and their style doesn't work with Fate

Only if they aren't lazy and turn the adaptation into a slideshow.

>Caster
But you posted Lancer you fucking retard.

The Extella opening is shit though.

God, ufotable really went to shit.

Hopefully they get whoever did F/Z back on board for HF. I'm tired of rhinoce-noses.

They recognized that the game is a crappy Musou with PS2 visuals and gave it a shit opening. SHAFT are even more based for doing that.

They probably weren't given enough money.

As that other user posted, CCC's OP was kino compared to ufotable's generic CGI bloom shit.

>Main series - Ufotable
>EXTRA - Shaft
>Prisma - Silver Link
Who gets the other spinoffs?

Won't A-1 get Grand Order?

And what about Tsukihime?

Lerche for CarniPha

there will be slides. There's always slides.

And if they actually animate it hopefully it wont look like complete trash (kizumono)

>nasu """""""""""""""writing""""""""""""""

The monolingual normie thinks he has read Nasu's writing. 超かわいい!

>超かわいい
あなたはあまりにもかわいい馬鹿です

I'm happy about it, they did CCC and Extella's OPs and I like them both but CCC has Wakeshima Kanon so it wins by default:
youtube.com/watch?v=q4y9BDpn_Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=PO2w29PwoFk
She's at her best in the ufotable opening of Realta Nua.

Not like being able to draw noses covers their problems with drawing everything else.

Worst part is that Shaft can draw, they just don't want to.

Don't compare an OP with an entire series. OPs have the advantage of being shorter, more loose and creative as far as direction is concerned. Most of the time they don't even reflect the series or game in this case. That gimmicky OP wouldn't work as an anime.

I have no opinion until a director is revealed.

>shaft
>animation
I am only looking forward to long nero monologues, symbolism, and the ocassional glorious nero poses and head tilts

I am not expecting any "animation" and neither should you

I am actually annoyed that it doesn't seem to be focusing on her.
I don't dislike Nero by any means, but TM seems to force the spotlight on her instead of Tamamo who is actually popular, and isn't a Saberface meaning it won't feel like a cheap rehash. Even GO is the same, Nero's had two events dedicated to her already, Nero had an entire chapter that was pretty much just people talking about how great she is.
She's always at the forefront of any Extra series merchandise.
This shit has got to stop.

His point still staands though, even SHAFT's low tier directors like the ones handling Zaregoto and Sangatsu this season produce more creative visuals than anything Ufotable has put out this decade. Well, besides Majokko, but that movie's style is completely removed from the blue/red filter CGIshit the rest of their anime are.

Nero is a less interesting character. Even her events in FGO had no story.

literally the only thing that got me through the game was her voice acting
You have to grind the fuck out of caster for her to win most of the Servant fights, otherwise it's nigh impossible.

I don't think it's creative, it's just a copied style with no weight.

>You have to grind the fuck out of caster for her to win most of the Servant fights, otherwise it's nigh impossible.
Just use cheats when grinding.

In case of THIS Saber it works nicely to subvert viewer expectations and throw them out of comfort zone. A lot of F/E is about taking and that and that from FSN and turn it upside down.

Nero is better written than Tamamo. Not adding FurryGirl avoids her annoying onenote "PlsFuckMe" characterization and can actually allow the show to spend more time on more mature and interesting backstory of RedSaber

Better written doesn't necessarily mean that Tamamo has less charm than Nero.

Can't Tamamo-fags and Nero-fags just get along? We're all friends here right?

>Nero as the Servant
>Most likely go for Male Hakuno instead of the 100000 times more popular Female Hakuno
It's already shit.

Why can't it just be sabers instead of a bunch of unnecessary characters?

Waifu fags can't get along. It can't be done.

This.

This.

I'm certain they are gonna go for what's her name instead of Rin too. Does anyone even like the other girl? She's completely forgettable.

>mature and interesting backstory of RedSaber
Sure.

If anything, Tamamo is an atypical and refreshing type moon character, she deserves an anime more than yet another saber face.

.. I never said anything about "charm", I couldn't care less about waifufaggotry.

Nero is the best pick for servant and we still don't know which gender Hakuno will be

>Not being a Namelessfag

>shitber clone over fucking EMIYA or Tamamo
No.

I'm really worried about the story of it desu. Nasu has just been getting worse as an author ever since he peaked with CCC and MTNY, and even they were heavily flawed.

There's no way to adapt the very simple and sparse story of Extra into a two cour show without radically altering the plot, and considering how shitty the writing is in the manga adaptations he's greenlit so far I've got very little hope for him to not ruin the integrity of the original work.

And if he does fail to pull through, I'm even more terrified of what he may do to CCC.

They always go for MaleMC with this type of adaptations of games where you can pick the MC gender. Look at the Granblue anime where they went with Gran when DJ is 100 times more popular than him.

See I have faith in Shaft

>two cour
Who said anything about that?
Also, is there any confirmation that this is even an adaptation? The new thing seems to be making anime sequels to games.

At least they're your favourite something.

>I'm really worried about the story of it desu. Nasu has just been getting worse as an author ever since he peaked with CCC and MTNY, and even they were heavily flawed.
Is he working on the anime?

>SHAFT

Get ready for memes and still frames. Also lots of gratuitous skin service. That's probably the one thing they do right apart from openings/endings.

>see my bullshit post
Not him but fuck off Saberfag.

What do you mean, "worse as an author since CCC"? CCC is pretty much the last thing he's put out.

Magazine scans from months ago referred to Hakuno as a he

I'd only be down for Rani being the chosen girl if it meant her backstory getting fleshed out to give us more lore about magical institutions besides the fucking Clocktower.

Besides that though? Yeah, she's boring as shit in Extra.

After GoA and GO I've lost all faith in his writing too.

>anime sequels to games
Has this happened for something else other than Danganronpa (because Kodaka just wanted to end the HP stuff already to focus on V3)?

>Magazine scans from months ago referred to Hakuno as a he
Sauce please

>There's no way to adapt the very simple and sparse story of Extra into a two cour show without radically altering the plot
Isn't this to be expected? For example, look at the Sevant fights, how can they adapt rock-paper-scisor-turn based fights if not by modifying a ton of shit? This is gonna be infodump and infodumps and pretty backgrounds with a fight once every three episodes or something like that. There's probably be tons of scenes adding to the backgrounds of masters and servants too because there's not exactly that much to work with.

If you try to adapt a game exactly to how it was as an anime it'll come out bland and sterile.

>I'd only be down for Rani being the chosen girl if it meant her backstory getting fleshed out to give us more lore about magical institutions besides the fucking Clocktower.
We just need MB adaptation.