Protagonists

What are some stories where the protagonist isn't some kind of chosen one with superpowers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6QSu1EolCI
youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU
youtube.com/watch?v=pfOAgKA7h7g
youtube.com/watch?v=-YvCcAJ5gn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Guts
>Not having superpowers

Are you serious?

He earned them

are you looking for seinen shows or is it fine if it doesn't take place in a fantasy universe? i'd recommend Goblin Slayer, it's a bit similar.

No, he didnt. You just cant wing a 200kgs sword like he does with just training. Not even the strongest human can, it's physically impossible.

Well he's definetly not the chosen one.

not h but everything is psychically impossible in berserk, user.

anything's fine

Goblin Slayer since he is just an insane guy with lot of experience

I hate to be this contrarian, but he literally is. Why then did the skull knight only save him and caska during the eclipse?

maybe because they're the only ones left?

Nah. He also presented himself only to Guts before the Eclipse, twice I think.

Parasite.

The most any power lifter has ever lifted is just a tad over 1 ton, you totally fucking could theoretically

Any lifter has deadlifted*

And next you tell me Batman has superpowers.

It's his armor given him the power, but at a costy price.

He is probably the strongest human out there, but in his World, humans are nothing but ants.

Idiot, swinging a sword is way different than just deadlifting something from the ground.

IT. LITERALLY. EXPLAINS. WHY. YOU. FUCKTARD.

Because they are branded they stand on the interstice, so they both lie outside of causality, holy shit

He could swing the dragonslayer way before getting the berserker armor. Not that it even matters though.

yea lifting is the same thing as swinging a giant iron bar

Guts is an anti chosen one. Guts was chosen to die in the eclipse, while Griffith was the true chosen one. For guts it was the low point in his life, fot Griffith it was the high point. Griffith got superpowers, Guts got a handicap.

200kg is only 440 pounds give or take, what the fuck, im not saying you can swing 1000 lbs just cuz you can lift it, but if you can deadlift 1 ton then 440 is in the realm of possibility for you

Idiot

Do you lift weights? I fucking dare you to swing and control even a 20kgs olympic bar.

im just saying swing, not with any particular degree of finesse or direction

The shit guts pulls? Definitely needing some interstice support there

Guts is strong.
But he doesn't have that strength due to Mary sue powers. He is just physically able due to progression. The laws of Berserk allow this. He has been swinging big swords since age 5.

This thread shows why Berserkfags are the worst. You read babby's first "adult" manga then declare it to be the best thing ever written.

He also been taking a big sword from donovan

Historie comes to mind.

No, idiot. you just can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6QSu1EolCI

Fuck off faggot were discussing his sword. Go get needlessly defensive elsewhere.

Saitama

>come into thread
>for the sole purpose of complaining about the thread

What did he mean by this?

they were there. skully had already gone in too late, he might as well save them. same as luca, he saved her because he'd follow the same path to chase the egg anyway, the one only difference would be reaching out slightly. the only actual help he gave guts was a nod towards the berserker armor, and that well after he had proven his mettle
correct me if i'm wrong, but he wasn't swinging the dragonslayer around with ease from the beginning. at least not with the ease he was swinging the previous sword. the first instances have him perform basic arcs and mostly twohanded swinging. iirc there was some point about the dark powers of the sword, acquired by the blood of the apostles, enhanced guts' capabilities.

>declare it to be the best thing ever written
show me where this happened in this thread
what about his deflection or whatever? haven't read it but i've heard from friends

Wow, this quack? Lmao

Its only fair to link the game theory video then that would oppose this huh? Except that the GT faggoos actually have (at least pat) mathematics based education backgrounds, with honors to boot

Theoretical math being the case here, i would not take any of this viking cucks attempt poor attempt at it seriously

Saitama literally just trained really hard, no one knows who he is really though

Dude, the calculations are sound. As stated in the video, they are not done by him, but a friend physicist.

im not talking about his strength, even if it's ridiculously massive. iirc he can deflect any projectile, no matter the nature. no matter how strong someone is, he can't deflect lightning bolts or magic missiles or whatever. how was that explained?

>dark powers of the sword enhancing guts

What the actual fuck

No

A lot of apostle blood has gotten onto the sword, so THEORETICALLY, it has adopted the necessary properties to kill a god hand

Except that when approaching a fantasy weapons specifications, the approaches you can choose to take are limitless, i.e. "well, cloud's sword LOOKS like its steel, and SEEMS approximately so and so", etc, stuff like the density can never really be proven, since that is not something that can be discovered empirically, now, that being said, i take the valedictorian's approach over the shady bearded literally-who with the "physicist friend".

i'll looking for it, it was something in the troll village i think. shierke was looking at it and noticed the dark shit around it

I don't particularly remember him being struck by a magic missile but most of the time he just takes the hit and tanks it

Sheer generated and projected force perhaps

Here is an interesting tidbit from PHYSICS

If you somehow had enough force, you could create a miniature black hole with it, and it alone

But anyway, that doesnt make him chosen or anything, he is a textbook literally who in the context of his world

The armor enhances guts, maybe it was that?

The calculations of that video do apply to the dragonslayer though as it is said to be made of solid iron. And we also know it's realtive size and shape.

>If you somehow had enough force, you could create a miniature black hole with it, and it alone
little did you know, I'm a /sci/entist at least an aspiring one. it's an "interesting tidbit" because it's popsci. at any rate, the "miniature black hole" wouldn't deflect projectiles. and it can't be done with force alone, you need matter. and the force we're talking about is nowhere near anyone's powerlevel
nah, it was the sword. besides, he only got the armor after they returned from the village
you don't even need physics for that. the dumbest asshole can understand that guts would have to be heavier than the dragonslayer to swing it. if he's lighter, he'd be just swinging himself around, like those human flags. unless it's all a prank and the dragonslayer is actually just foam

"relative size" isnt reliable at all, if you want ANYTHING other than an ESTIMATE, then you need the specific cubic inches per square foot and length on a ruler, etc.

Most slice of life.

i can promise you the sword doesnt enhance anything about guts except his killing potential by being really big, it is somewhat magical now though because its been taking daily apostle baths, but that just means it can function normally against higher beings

the only things guts has that magically enhance him in any way are the armor and the brand

>the dumbest asshole can understand that guts would have to be heavier than the dragonslayer to swing it

No, there are strongmen who weight as much or more than the dragonslayer. But even they wouldnt be able to swing it because the actual force needed to swing is way, way more than 2000 Newtons.

Then what are some slice of life where the protagonist is some kind of chosen one with superpowers?

bet you would like that giant sword in your ass too

aw dude i love fig newtons

how'd you know

i'm not saying being heavier is the only condition. it's one of the conditions. because you may be able to lift 3 tons and apply 10 times the torque needed to swing the DS (in swings, torque matters, not force) you'd STILL be unable to swing the DS if you were 100 kg

Hinamatsuri. Hina is basically the psychic supersoldier equivalent of a nuke.

me too

K-On

here's what i was talking about. the loli is not sure if it's just the interstice and she has studied these subjects for decades and is unsure if it's just the interstice. how can you promise that it is?

ooh neat

there is an actual berserk thread, we've kind of taken over this one. do you want to move there?
also, do not f5

huurrrrr duuurrrrr im a retarded faggot
HERE'S what i was talking about

this was not supposed to be a berserk thread

He did earn them. He was swinging a full sized sword starting at age 4 or something, by the time he was an adult he could very well swing the big ass shit he was swinging.

>correct me if i'm wrong, but he wasn't swinging the dragonslayer around with ease from the beginning
There was a time-skip right after he got it but he did swing it pretty easily when he first picked it up.

THIS however is different than his strength pre-eclipse and can be attributed to Guts being in the interstice. In Berserk, tte interstice is where mind over matter becomes a much more literal mechanic of Guts' reality so he can do crazier shit here than he could outside of it.

True

But just for the sake of the argument, you can always hook your feet to the ground with something not to go flying as a consequence of swinging it. Still, no human would even approach the required strength needed to swing and control the DS like Guts does.

The sword itself has a buff of Kill Demon +999, Skull Knight also says that it can kill the God Hand even.

It doesn't have an effect on Guts though, but like I said here he is stronger because he's in the limbo between worlds. Schierke mentions that.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Nwh8yWh5WU

Skip to the end.

When you attach yourself to something, your mass becomes one with that something (provided infinite tensile stregth, otherwise the equations get REALLY fucky). if you hook your feet down, your effective mass is that of the earth and you can swing ANYTHING if you're strong enough. but guts doesn't do that, he moves around swinging.
schierke was commenting on his ease to kill the trolls. his Kill Demon +999 buff doesn't really apply, since anything cutting them in half kills them, without the apostle blood.
>Schierke mentions that.
but is unsure if it's just that.
Or...

if you haven't noticed, noone is swinging that. they lift it and let it drop with some force from their part. actual horizontal swings are the big issue. also, the handle seems to be a good 10 cm longer than what it should be

We are going in circles. I really dont know why you are trying to lecture me about physics when
my point has always been that no human can be strong enough to wield a sword as heavy and big as the DS. Not even remotely.

Even if she was unsure, the fact is she said that human will has more power over physical stuff when you're in the interstice.

Also it's not apostle blood that's giving the buff, it's just related to kill astral bodies like ghosts and what not.

This guy is doing the same thing
youtube.com/watch?v=pfOAgKA7h7g

You are right(except they do a horizontal swing in the first video) but I think it could realistically happen, but we'll never know because I doubt there's ever been a human who has trained his body like Guts. Guts who is like 6 foot 8 and probably close to 300 pounds of raw muscle.

The guys in the videos aren't even athletes.

Or mad.

That looks nothing like the dragonslayer. Too lazy to watch the entire video, but does he even mention how much it weights?

The sword changes depending on the panel tbqh.

No but neither does the manga. We know it's iron, that's about it.

Do you even lift, brah?

youtube.com/watch?v=-YvCcAJ5gn0

That shit has the thickness of a kitchen's knife.

so does your dick

I guess your mom and sister told you after all. Did they also tell you about how much they like to drink semen and take it up the ass?

if young godo can't make the dragonslayer to its full glory, noone can

I always loved how berserk had Griffith be "The Prophesised one" or the one blessed by destiny and Guts was just some guy on the side who got completely fucked over but knifed his way to the top

Griffith also knifed AND fucked his way to the top. Both guys youths were pretty fucked up.

>knifed his way to the top
he was somewhat fucked and knifed his way really high. for the time being he's gutter trash again as far as the world is considered
and swayed.

Other anons have already answered but it's simply because they were there. Skully went in to kill Void, maybe stop Femto from being born, but Zodd stalled him so hard he was too late. Then he saw Guts and Casca and thought, "They must be pretty badass to still be alive. Might as well save them while I'm here."

Griffith wouldn't have made it to where he got to without Guts and nobody thinks Guts is gutter trash, literally everyone is in complete awe when they see him swing his sword.

Everyone else was dead but the bigger question is why SK approached Guts before the Eclipse and how does he know about Guts' backstory in such detail?

>as far as the world is considered
m'dude, only one guy has recognised him for who he was. swinging a big sword is impressive, no doubt, but to most it's no more impressive than mummery. he's not recognized

He was the famous hawks raider commander though, everyone knew who he was. Then he leveled up and became the black swordsman who literally every apostle recognizes as a total beast.

And whenever a normal person sees him now they immediately ask who he is and shit but Guts doesn't give a fuck about reputation so he never answers. If he did, everyone would know about him and he could lead a huge army of followers if he wanted.

The ego fueled emperor of the talibans who wanted to kill griffith(aka his actual lord and savior) even personally asked him to join him, he's beyond recognized.

He's also mentioned in the prophecy as the sinful black sheep and Skull Knight is for some reason his #1 fan which I think says a lot since Skull Knight is the baddest dude around.

the sinful black sheep are the apostles, you dolt
yeah, that's what i said. he knifed his way high. he was recognized back then. only owen whats-his-face recognizes him now and most of the party probably suspect the connection, that's it. he's a nobody

having a reputation has nothing to do with your face. they didn't have facebook back then user.

*500kg