What do you guys think about Soul Eater?

What do you guys think about Soul Eater?

I don't usually ever see this show brought up except for some rare occasions and even then it's usually frowned upon and stacked to the same stash as naruto and bleach.

Well I have just finished watching it so I don't have any nostalgia goggles on.
And I have to say it wasn't really even that bad.

My main complain would be the weird as hell pacing of everything.
Black star was a mistake, if he wasn't a thing and it was mainly about Maka as main heroine the show would be better tenfold.

It's just an above average shounen battle but Maka's voice gives me tingles, holy fuck is it good.
Worth watching just for her voice alone imo.

The reason people shit on the anime is because the anime was much worse than the manga. The anime introduced various retarded anime original bullshit and skipped out on a number of the better scenes.

If you enjoyed the anime, then go read the manga.

wtheck ar e you smoking blackstar was the best part of the show fucking NERRDD

in all seriousness tho i had a wonderful time watching as well, ending not even that bad when you take it as more of a stylistic ending then a literal one

It was enjoyable until anime original content was introduced.

Spot on about Maka's voice though.

Still pissed the fuck off how the manga ended.

I'm remembering about this show every halloween.

Blackstar was the second best character. How could you hate him?
>Anime only
That explains it

For me it's ust another shit shonen in the same league as one piece, fairy tail, etc.

except one piece is great

i liked it, and the spin off had cute girls

The anime was alright but it mostly got shat on for not following thr manga plot after episode 30 something
Which they had to, because the manga wasn't over yet, but is still fucking bullshit. Not that the manga had a great ending either though

>I don't usually ever see this show brought up except for some rare occasions
Because it ENDED you moron
Besides, shows that get talked about constantly tend to be terrible

>The reason people shit on the anime is because the anime was much worse than the manga.
And yet the anime still had a better ending than manga

>I don't usually ever see this show brought up

The Soul Eater Not webm gets posted pretty regularly at least.

all I remember is COURAGE PUNCH!
what a piece of shit ending for the anime.

I disagree. The only bad thing about the manga ending is the Crona storyline left open, but apart from that it was ok.

I can't remember much about the manga, but anime Maka was a fucking bitch. I don't get why people like her.

Did we ever reach a definite conclusion on this faggot's gender?

You just have shit taste

purchase dvds along side good first time.. second time.. was not as great but still good.. third time i stopped at episode 5 and game away the dvds. then new shit came out... watched 1 episode and after puking i removed that horrid thing as to not corrupt my other animu

could you rewrite that in english

female, stop askind dumb questions, you fucking gay nigger.

He bought the DVDs, he loved it the first time, but didn't really enjoy it as much on the second run. On the third watch he gave up after Episode 5 then gave away the DVDs. Then he heard about Soul Eater Not!, watched the first episode, and uninstalled his brain because of how bad it was.

I remember being iffy about Maka's voice at first since she was a new VA. Then her voice ascended to god tier and pure tier.

Thanks Judo-chan.

That was never confirmed.

I am still fucking mad.

Squandered Potential: The Manga/Anime.

Fantastic World building.
Really loveable characters.
Lots of interesting unexplained shit that makes you want to keep reading.

Then Ohkubo just throws it all away, does some lame hamfisted ending and just doesn't give a shit, leaves a lot of shit unanswered and goes to write some shitty slice of life moe shit.

Maka is wife but its a shame she is stuck in a world the author basically abandoned and left to be forgotten among the rest of half-baked shonen series.

It improved on the earlier parts of the manga but diverted from what was arguably the best part of the manga the Baba Yaga storyline. Overall I'd say it's about as good as the manga because while Baba Yaga was god-tier most of what came after was sort of a mixed bag.

The ending of the anime actuallty managed to be more thematically coherent than the ending to the manga. Though in all fairness. The ending to the manga was for better or for worse; a joke ... i jest you not a boobjoke.