WSJD - The Promised Neverland

Let's see if Rai really is the traitor. WHo am I kidding, he is.

I love these chapter pages. They're great.

Why does Ray look so hot this chapter
Is it the evil smirks?

>But I actually told don that it was in the dining hall.
asspull

Your kind is not welcome here

The end?

All acording to keikaku

>that last panel
Eww

Edgelord Ray Flashback next week. I take it.

How many fucking ropes do they have? Next thing you know he hid another one with just Emma to see if she is the spy and the really real rope he hid on his own.

4 ropes don't seem like a huge amount for the number of people they want to bring with them

He probably ate one of the ropes.

and they'll have to retrieve it via a literal asspull

Wow, great chapter this time around.
I was worried TPN was getting slower, but this one capitalized on a lot of infos dropped before.

It's not like he hide a lot of rope in the fake spots, look at this page
There's basically a bit of wire, a jump rope and another cord.
Emma being the spy would make no fucking sense, there was no need to test her.

He being the traitor was so obvious. I am not one bit surprised. Really.

I had also guessed it, but I had not imagined he wasn't completely on one side, yet, taking all into consideration, it makes the most sense to carry the plot forward.

The real ropes have been hidden in the forest since the first few chapters by Emma and him. The decoys seem to be jump ropes for games that aren't long enough to climb the wall as seen here

Yeah right, you probably suspect Ray just for having Sasuke's emo ass haircut. There wasn't any evidence throughout the past chapters for you to even suspect him, other than Don, gilda and that one kid.

>Chapter is just 19 pages of talking
And yet I still thought this chapter was great and am interested to see how this continues. How does the author do it?

Because It's not an action manga in the first place?

Emma's purity is too much for him.

I'm starting to get tired of it.
I understand that things need time for tension to build up and plans to be made and not everything can happen at once, but of the 13 chapters like 2 of them they've actually done things and the rest are just dry conversations. Making the kids geniuses was a bad decision because they're all so fucking boring and their convos are boring too

So much keikaku dori

Pretty sure you're misunderstanding what this series is.

He'd never suspect his waifu in the first place
Dick > brain, and you know it

I didn't expect that at all.

>Emma being the spy would make no fucking sense, there was no need to test her.
That's just how Norman is. He doesn't do things half-assed. If he's going to test someone that's family, he might as well test everyone else.

So I'm guessing that Ray found out the truth somehow, then Mom blackmailed him into being his spy.
He manipulated events so that Emma and Norman would find out the truth hoping they'd hatch an escape plan that he could go on too, thinking that 3 people working together would have better odds of success than him alone. Of course, then Emma insisted on saving everyone, so Ray is now just weighing his options until he figures out the best course of action.

They've been wondering the whole time if Mom knew their identity because she wasn't trying anything, then they start talking about the possibility of a spy. I'd say it was possible to suspect Ray considering they told him everything around the time Mom started behaving strangely.

Infodump - the manga. Dear author, please go read Naoki Urasawa to learn how to make an investigative series.

Do you think Norman will kiss Emma before he dies?

Best guess. If one side fails, he can just jump to the other

Best boy Norman. I like him more every week.

They're what, 11?. Maybe if there's a time-skip.

>Dear author, please go read Naoki Urasawa to learn how to make an investigative series.

Please. While the ride is good for Urasawa, the ending is often ass.

>implying he will die

He will grow up next to her and claim her as his waifu once they are old enough.

Makes sense. Ray insisted a lot about only the three of them escaping.
He probably would have dumped his group of children if the evasion was successful

>waifu believes in you
>therefore I will too

Thinking with your dick is dangerous, Norman.

I'm glad it looks like Ray isn't fully Mama's spy. I was ready to call 'plot hole' at the amount of dialougue he had in his head (fucking forgot the word) .

It does look like he wants to escape too

This takes away from mom's genius or she expected all of this and is all a part of a grander keikaku.

Inner dialogue?

I liked the fact that him being the spy explains the apparent plotholes of the stuffed bunny toy and him immediately accepting the situation without any kind of horror or desperation, or at least calling their story bullshit

I have no idea what this manga is trying to be.

Mom is definitely not just letting things fly with Ray. She brought in extra help with Sister Krone after all. My bet is that she knows Ray is probably doing some double dealing, but she anticipates she can stall long enough to succeed. A half hearted spy that gives good intel is better than no spy.

His endings are great for a japanese.

my guess is he's in love with Emma as well and wants her for himself.

Oh god, please no love triangles.

He did not give a fuck when the two talked about the monsters. Any idiot would suspect such a lack of subtlety.

But they also explained that he was autistic, so it fit.

So just because it is not a batlle manga, everything needs to be developed through text? It is called visual media for a reason, you know. The scene where Norman reveals Ray as a traitor could have been memorable. Any good author would create a dramatic background for this. But in TPN everything was just told. The idea is not bad, but the approach is boring.

Remember when everyone laughed and him and thought he was a loser, because of his giant forehead?

I seriously thought this would end up being try hard shit and get axed before Red Sprite and Love Rush. Glad I was wrong.

Proving them wrong every week. People also thought he was the spy himself.

That panel is pretty well imprinted in my mind, it was well done. Could have been the entire page, but whatever.

Well, it wasn't that bad but I seriously thought Norman was the spy. I still think that Norman is going to stay behind but survive and Emma and Ray will escape.

i doubt, this manga is too plot oriented. the kiss would have to happen for a very specific reason.

the kiss will last a single panel, the rest of the chapter will be norman explaining how he managed to overcome his fears and kiss emma with the right amount of saliva.

I was worried that it would be good but end up being cancelled because Japanese readers had shit taste. Going by the rankings, it's safe for now.

11 YEARS OLD

This is getting very death note tier, i want more.

I want a lot more, but I have no idea what they can do when they leave. I guess I'll trust the author.

>Infodump - the manga
This

Emma is so cute. I would like to hold her hand.

I had my first kiss with 12.

Found some nice fanart.

This manga doesn't have a story at all. I bet underage kids will think this manga is smart.

slut

nah, death note had stakes. in 13 chapters, a lot of shit had already happened.

cant wait for norman to become griffith

with ray and emma as guts and casca

Someone took the time to write a whole scenario of Norman dying.

>Yaoi before Norman/Emma
They are disgusting.

My first kiss was when I was 6 and the boy was 6 too.

Good question

OTP

Norman is not going to die. Even if Mama captures him, he is too valuable.

>leaving Ray to cuck Norman's soul

Fuck this.

I'm not surprised, people seem to love thinking about how poor Norman could die.

And done.

CUTE!

Ohba admitted that he came up with the plot of Death Note week to week and it showed. He didn't really plan that far ahread.
It's clear that everything that's happened in TPN was planned from the very start.
I still prefer Death Note though, because of its cool premise and its characters though, but we'll see if TPN improves even more.

>all this talk about Norman dying

I hope he survives all the way, gets his waifu and lives happily just out of spite.

Fuck off norman

And then he gets friendzoned and throws himself in a demon's open mouth

Just wait till they hit puberty, she won't be wanting no friendzone then.