Based Traditional Art - Less known Sup Forums artists

google.com/culturalinstitute/beta/partner/museo-pietro-canonica

How incredible is that?

Do the postmodernists have a point?
We can make statues with even greater accuracy than those made during the roman empire, so what's the point of making one of a model simply striking a pose?

Ignoring the beauty of a perfect representation of reality on stone is just dumb. See the worth of their answer to this question: it has no spiritual value and it is totally void of meaning.

We can make perfect representations en masse now. Now perfect representations are not rare, you don't even need to be a genius to make them, and idealized beauty is everywhere and easily accesible.
I'm not saying you shouldn't appreciate it, it's just that just making perfect statues lost like 80% of their meaning now that any plebeian can make them or buy them.

In games, artistic skill is matched by our ability for technical perfection on realism.

You are missing the point. Be it on painting, sculpture or 3d, there is no MEANING or BEAUTY without realism. And without meaning, art loses the cultural function that it have.

Postmodernism is literally garbage. A stain on humanity.

Meaningful art is realist art and beautiful art.

You COULD have mass produced realist sculpture, and you also could have super skilled artists using this industrial ability to create even more complex and grandious works of art.

Your argument is null of meaning.

>The technical levels are now perfect
>Art is now meaningless
>Lets put shit and piss in canvas to reboot art

Fuck off, faggots.
You literally don't deserve to exist.

Postmodernism doesn't ncessarily mean non realistic. Take Petra, for example, the statue of a perfectly anatomically correct police woman urinating.
Also, old works ARE bein produced en masse, just today near my home there'a a home decoration store with like 7 statues of David of Michelngelo.
I'm sure you can get a perfect replica of any work you want for less than $1000.

>
RW artist here. The postmodernist movement may be cancer. While not my favorite art I understand its place in history, but I also understand that it needs to die. I disagree that any art outside of realism is the only meaningful art. Mondrain, Kadinsky & Picasso have many great works. Guernica, in particular, is very moving to me. You may think it degenerate but put in context the early 20th century was exploding with creative vigor.

He literally straight reject all the avant-garde garbage surrounding him.

>doesn't know about 3d printing

>so what's the point of making one of a model simply striking a pose?
Because
>holy shit someone made that with their hands
you honestly don't understand what's so great about that?

Google scantheworld.

At least the Guernica depicts figures in a scene, despite being somewhat abstracted. It's when you get to the totally abstract expressionism stuff that I find it hard to honestly say it's meaningful.

Mondrian, Kandinski, Rothko, Pollock, I might even enjoy looking at it but I'd be hard pressed to say it's art, shit's graphic design.

I studied Dada when I was in college. It's fascinating and seemingly the start of all this post-modernism in art. I didn't really take in at the time how clearly hand in hand with the marxism it is, you only need to take a quick refresher on wikipedia
>By the dawn of the Second World War, many of the European Dadaists had emigrated to the United States. Some (Otto Freundlich, Walter Serner) died in death camps under Adolf Hitler, who actively persecuted the kind of "degenerate art" that he considered Dada to represent.
>At the same time that the Zürich Dadaists were making noise and spectacle at the Cabaret Voltaire, Lenin was planning his revolutionary plans for Russia in a nearby apartment. Tom Stoppard used this coincidence as a premise for his play Travesties (1974), which includes Tzara, Lenin, and James Joyce as characters. French writer Dominique Noguez imagined Lenin as a member of the Dada group in his tongue-in-cheek Lénine Dada (1989).

Cancer

damn
tell me again why we got bored of this

>Technical perfection is bad

Whats bad about giving artists the means of being able to create technically perfect sculptures on computer and reproducing it on marble by industrial methods that is accessible to everyone? Isn't that a good thing?

Lame postmodernist art is now also under the same category, neural networks can easily create postmodernist garbage all day long, and it's easily reproduced on an industrial matter to anyone in the world, I guess this makes the already garbage meaningless shit double meaningless now, because even novice amateur algorithms can create this dumb retarded shit.

We didn't, real art was kidnapped.

>Technically perfect art is now possible to be mechanically and industrially reproduced
>Meaningless postmodernism surpasses this "problem" by ditching realism into the garbage can
>Jewism is now easily replaced by neural networks
>Traditionalist art is white supremacy and we did good to get rid of it

Based faggots

Once again, post modernism doesn't necessarily means non realistic.
So answer this, once perfection has been achieved what's there to do?
Continue doing the same ad infinitum?

Because obviously in a world where computers enable us to do basically anything, or reproduce basically anything, then obviously their value drops when the same thing made by hand is by any measure more accomplished.

I mean if an artist sculpts his shit in zbrush and has a robotic arm carve it out of marble, go ahead, I'm not going to deny that it's art, since he still had to use at least his brain and skill and imagination to create it (unlike, say, 3D scanning a person and robotically carving that out of marble), but it stands to reason that an artist who uses his brain and imagination and skill to come up with a sculpture and his technical ability to care it out of marble himself, then his art has more value to it, it's in a sense, "more" art, because the digital artist with a computer and a robot is doing at most, half the work he is, and using half the skill.

I mean the sculptor is a superior artist just by virtue of not having the ability to simply ctrl+z his mistakes.

It's just the same as how, with the advent of photography, photorealism in painting is all the more impressive, because "he did all that work when he could have just taken a photo"
(of course, I'm being a little obtuse here, since I'm pretty sure photo-real painters often do actually work from photos)

You truly are a retard, lolbert. One can never reach perfection, but trying for it over and over again would not be a wasted life.

Can you post more art, these threads are the only time i view any

What an absolutely stupid argument
How do you even evaluate if something is perfect or not if the model exist only in the artist's mind?
Fact is we can 100% reproduce any human model into a statue without any flaws.

Focus on the message, the cultural and regional aspect of where the artist spawned from, and to give meaning to values, traditions, history and the national collective.

Your points are retarded.

>human models
alright, just find the perfect person and we'll get to work

You are an absolute idiot.

>Fact is we can 100% reproduce any human model into a statue without any flaws.
And what's the point of that? What you're talking about would reach a sort of uncanny valley of artistic appreciation, where people are turned off by it because they can't tell that it was made by a person.

People like to see the brushstrokes in a painting, the chiseling in a sculpture, the fingerprints in clay stop-motion animation, they like to see the evidence of the artist's hand at work. It's why people like Impressionism and Pointilism, it still represents a real thing that the artist was seeing or attempting to present, but it takes the representation down to almost its lowest possible resolution before you lose sense of what you're even looking at, it's economical but still works, which adds to how impressive it is. And photorealism isn't economical in the slightest but goes the other way, and that's impressive too, because you still only need to look at it closely to see that there are brushstrokes there.

If you use a computer or machinery to take the level of detail to an extreme that makes it difficult to comprehend, then not only is it less impressive, but many would consider it a form of cheating, cheating that ends up with a less valuable result.

Love me some Bouguereau

No u.
You're ignoring why these type of art fell out of style and just ad hom everyone who disagrees.
Great part of why people made art is taking skill to the next level, to make something unique. Motif is just the icing on the cake.
Rehashing the same type of art with slightly different variations will not make any work groundbreaking or even memorable.
Look for example pic related. Just another statue out of thousands, just this one is Chinese. Not all that different from the statue of liberty in USA or the motherland statue in Russia.

Nesterov (picrelated)

America isn't white