What does Sup Forums think of University? Is it a scam? Is there a better option?

What does Sup Forums think of University? Is it a scam? Is there a better option?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodsci.rutgers.edu/aboutUs/alumni/Quality control technician11-8-16.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, literally anything

STEM or scam

Scam even for STEM.

I make more money as a plumber than most of these autistic STEM goobers when you consider the amount they have to pay off.

Quantity reduces quality, university is no exception. Only STEM is worth it.

Total scam in Eastern Europe. I suspect the same is everywhere

Is a Jew scam, avoid at all costs

Thats cause we live in the US mate, plus an enginner is more valuable than a plumber.

scam.

the internet has more info than a college can ever keep in a library or could be taught by a professor, if you know how to use it.

get a trade. most shit people do is makework jobs.

Part of the Kremlin's "Demoralize and Destabilize the West" disinformation campaign is discourage people from attending higher learning. This leads to lower wages jobs and greater despair, accelerating the social crisis stage.

Ignore this flood of Kremlin threads - Yuri would be proud that Sup Forums turned its back on the Putinbots today.

And who do those engineers call when their toilets don't work?

Checkmate.

Then who designed the whole building that toilet is in along with the toilet?
There is 1 enginner for 100 workers, thus the enginner is a lot more valuable, that's why he had his skull drilled for 5 years in STEM while you clean shit.

>Then who designed the whole building that toilet is in along with the toilet?
An architect.

This meme has gotten out of hand. No one has even mentioned race in this post.

Show your flag btw, we know you're one of us.

tradecrafts > some fucking degree imo
>inb4 you just couldnt land a spot muh stem

STEMfag here, I've been unemployed for over a year now since getting laid off.
STEM field, aside from some engineering, has been overrun by fucking women management who run companies to the ground with their antics.
Going to trade school soon.

>I graduated with a chem degree and 40k in the green. Pages 3k/Sem I'm tuition and received 7k/sem in scholarships.

But I'm from Canada.

Is a computer science course from a community college a good idea?

unless you plan on getting a four-year degree, no.

>as been overrun by fucking women management who run companies to the ground with their antics.

Go on...

Free college master race

Scam. Human value racket. Learn a trade first and then go if you still want to after you have at least a year of full time employment. You'll be better prepared for the workload (only a factor if you study something other than a humanity, otherwise don't worry about the workload, worry about how much money you're losing per unit time invested) and you'll also be more comfortable financially during the program. After the program you'll have two options available to you, do the same thing you did before or move into your new career, either way you're better prepared than those who went straight to university than school. Employers will be impressed by your history of work also. Learning a trade also carries a much lower financial risk compared to an immediate university education if you decide to switch disciplines.

I can't think of any reason not to do this other than the perceived social stigma attached to not immediately going to university. This mainly comes from the British upper-middle and upper classes where who you know is more important than what you know. Universities are facilities for networking to these people, not financial investments because these people already have substantial existing assets that massively reduce the risk of attending university. They can go to UCL and learn whatever they like and still walk into a job at one of their circle's companies.

You have that shitty fucking flag. If you want to seize the means of production, BECOME the means of production. Don't sell your future to people who will fill you with political angst about how oppressed you are and convince you that the only thing you can do about it is form a crowd and shout until the police come and shut you down. This is a negative feedback loop. You will change nothing and destroy yourself in the process.

I am telling you this because the sooner someone had told me I might have had a better life up to this point.

fucking women.

Why is a bachelors better than an associates? Is it realistic to want to freelance with an associates in networking?

But unfortunately U can't be an engineer without diploma. Dimpola is a guarantee that u will be responsible in trial for your mistakes which can make financial and people's damage.
*Civil engineer*

>not picking up universal skills in finance and economics
>not surpassing STEM engineering median salaries by your 5th or 6th year of your career

>Basing one of the largest decisions of your life on the opinions of neets
You are hopeless

>Be finance/economics
>Get annihilated by automation before you turn 40

I don't want to be a neet anymore. Any tips?

It demands from your future profession. Some professions don't need university's education and you can learn what you need on internet. But other need.

You need to decide what you want to do in your life. Decide whether you want money, something you love, or a middle ground. Look at how to get into that field. If it is white collar, it will require a college degree in this age. Go for a major that will land you said career path.

This. Skilled and motivated STEM guys can make mad money even without finishing their degrees.

No, not for me anyway. Most of my classes are pretty easy. Have an internship lined up next semester for a pharmaceutical marketing firm. Probably gonna be a sales rep by the time I'm 22 making at least 80k starting. As long as you know people, you're fine. Don't get a dumb fucking degree. Either law, business, or STEM.

Unless you have a good plan and the Uni is absolutely needed to do what you want to do, don't go.

Want to be an engineer or an accountant, than yes, you need to go, but make sure you are cut out for it. Than work hard to make use of it.

For most, it's a scam.

Scam, go into a cc or trade
>t. Fell for college meme, transferring to cc next semester

>"Demoralize and Destabilize the West" disinformation campaign is discourage people from attending higher learning
I’d like a source on that you lying whore

It is basically a cargo cult. Somehow we humans collectively believe that you are better off if you spend 1-5 years in a place that has pretty buildings.

Underated post. I see thousands of Kremlin threads on Sup Forums like this one every day. The Russians are attacking us hard trying to split us up.

I think a lot of it is boomer lore. When they were growing up, a degree guaranteed a job, but that ain’t the case anymore
Then again, due to the mass influx of people going to unis, costs have sky rocketed, and many jobs expect a degree, we got played

Depends on what type of engineer.
*Network/Systems Engineer* $160K+ this year. $0 college debt cuz I never went.

I don't know but I can absolutely tell you that grad school is a fucking meme. DO NOT GO

>t. Ph. D. Candidate

That photo is a scam it's all poc who couldn't actually get in felt muh diversity quotas now.. Uni is retarded

We fix them ourselves, instead of hiring some overpayed brainlet

Well I'll be damned.

get a college diploma in petroleum engineering and make big bux for the first 10 years of your work life to be comfy after with your wife and kids

Yes I told not about network but mechanical and civil engineering. Fucking hell, I should learnt english better in school and become engineer in murrica or europe(

this has nothing to do, jew

keep dreaming
also, free uni here. I am doing stem, obviously

STEM pays ok and provides some sense of job security. It is really overhyped on this board though.

Because there are no people in Wall St making mad profit from those who got in debt to learn about 43 different genders

People do STEM thinking they'll have cool ass jobs, but end up being a wagecuck obeying a HR bitch who gobbles anti depressants while at work, gets home and drinks wine to "relax".
t. Electrical engineer

it's the brainwash agency of the jew

send kids there and they return as commies

you have been warned

I did not go to Uni, but many class mates
>Gril
>Super hot
>Super intelligent hyper-overachiever
>Studies law
>Wants to be judge
>10 years later
>Intern in little province court, waiting for the next 4 years for a position to be freed up so she _might_ have a chance

It depends. Some of the higher tier, private schools still give you a real education. Most of the state schools are filled with brainwashed adult-babies that can't add or subtract.

If you go to a real school, you shouldn't have to pay for it. If you are smart enough to be there, they will give you scholarships and aid. If you have to pay for it, you shouldn't be there.

>People do STEM thinking they'll have cool ass jobs, but end up being a wagecuck obeying a HR bitch who gobbles anti depressants while at work, gets home and drinks wine to "relax".
Why would you obey the HR as an electrical engineer? Do you even work mate?

>It depends. Some of the higher tier, private schools still give you a real education. Most of the state schools are filled with brainwashed adult-babies that can't add or subtract.
That is completely wrong. It is the opposite, most private schools are boarding school 2.0 for young adults.

Ever wonder why the classics got thrown out of the curriculum at the same time universities began to be extremely hyped? It's not only schools, cities are a meme. You pay high bucks to live in a place engaged in corrupting your soul and there's not even a fucking tree in sight. Cities are the paradise of the degenerates. Moving to the countryside, diminishing my expenses and focusing on my family was the best decision I've ever took. Not only am I much happier, but I'm contributing way less to the government jew and avoid having my kids indoctrinated. Instead of reading Foucault, they're reading Plato.

Office work. A large part of those who graduated with me didn't even get a job in engineering, they went for finance due to math skills

Eh, you have to look into the changing world. As automation hits, pretty much anything that isn't STEM will be worth no more than a penny.
And I mean, the world lacks engineers, and therefore you can get well paid jobs with quite a bit of job security. It's different from most jobs, where you actually have more people wanting a to be hired than vacant spots, therefore driving wages down
Even worse, as the west starts importing billions of unskilled Africans, they will drive all those wages even lower. STEM spots, however, can be expected to remain mostly unchanged

Yuri Bezmenov google search
Also, that's how I know you're new

His point is unless you actually work for the HR department you will hardly ever deal with HR.

Please learn how the grown-up world works.

I understand that STEM is an in-demand field, and there are numerous opportunities at the moment. Upper-level management in the corporations does at well. STEM does not seem immune though. I am not in STEM so correct me if I am wrong. Couldn't a South American, Asian, Indian, etc. with a STEM degree do the same job as a Western grad, for 1/3 the wage?

STEM is a meme.
/thread

while one may not deal directly with HR, one will almost certainly deal with the effects of HR.

I majored in Professional Writing and Film Studies
not worried :)

I like this meme pic. I hated this special snowflakism about Americans way before this meme was in the making.
>le 25% cherokke
>le 25% german
>le 70% black

>Couldn't a South American, Asian, Indian, etc. with a STEM degree do the same job as a Western grad, for 1/3 the wage?

If they are as good as a Westerner they will generally ask for similar money.

It depends on what you're going for. 90% of this board couldn't pass calc 2 at a state university.

Is computer science the only field that is fucked up then? I thought Pajeets would be brought in and paid 50k a year with no benefits.

Call me insane, but I consider getting my monthly paycheck a positive thing.

Barely passed cal 2 fuck that class

They only hire Pajeets because they can't fine enough skilled Westerners.

They much rather pay a proper developer $100k.
But it's almost impossibly to find good developers.

Hey, graduated STEM BSc Honors biochem here. Been around 4 months passing out resumes, more than 200 sent, linkedin setup, proper coverletters written for each resume depending on what they said they need and I've only had 2 interviews. I have about a year of past work experience in laboratory settings as well.

For 80% of jobs I feel like the company doesn't even look at my application is due to being overqualified. Whenever I look at lab jobs these days they just want someone with a high school diploma or trade like a dental hygienist.

I don't regret it though, I had fun in university and I love what I do whenever I can find work, it's just not as plentiful as you might think unless you get sucked into academia.

Yeah, I'm in STEM and have been for over a decade. The massive fucking circling jerk over STEM on this board is widely inaccurate.

I'm a computer science major. Should I drop out and pursue a trade? Don't want pajeets taking my job and I'm not an autistic code monkey.

I couldn't pass high school algebra, applying to Stanford law in the fall.

Unless you have the ability to get through it with under 10k in debt, it's a scam. Your average degree in business is a fucking rip off and will get you a soul-draining job as a pencil pusher in some shithole city. Also, if you aren't a social person, you'll be miserable all four years. If you're not in a fraternity, play sports or are black, you're fucking nothing. You won't get invited to parties, you won't make friends with guys who aren't totally autistic and you won't do shit on the weekends. Furthermore, good luck finding a woman who isn't a complete slut.

you must spend a lot of time on here to see thousands of posts a day desu

>you're not overqualified
you job was automated faggot?
let me guess Chemistry ? Or BioScience even better.

You need a PHD to do research why do you think in 2017 you need a BS to work with chemicals this isn't the 19th century it's fairly paint by the numbers.....

Good luck user. At least you enjoy it. Imagine the people who only went into it for the salary.
I have no clue. I am still in college and not a STEM major. My neighbor is a software engineer though and she makes good money.

If you're going to get a degree, make sure it's something that pays out. Accounting, engineering, medical, etc. Don't just go to "get a degree." Otherwise, if you're halfway intelligent, your time would be better spent working in some kind of trade then starting your own business after getting experience.

/Thread

you cant get into law school without a undergrad degree

Not true, unless you just suck. Engineers get into mgmt pretty quickly even without an MBA. Six figures for good engineers aren't uncommon, whereas that's very uncommon for tradesmen without having their own business.

No, and many liberal arts majors who to crappy law schools because society views law as a "prestigious" career, and end up not making very much money and miserable.

*go to

>better option

Library card.

This is me as well. Did shit in high school but I have a perfect GPA after 62 credit hours. I don't know why I'm so miserable here, though. In high school, I was fairly social. I had a lot of friends, played sports and genuinely liked being around people. Now, I hate the thought of having to be social and don't have any friends here. I have to pretend like I'm having fun to my friends back home so they don't think I'm a fucking loser. What's the point of being successful in school if you're miserable and have nobody to share it with. I tried studying abroad to have more fun but it made things worse. I hate all the other American's here and British people are fucking insufferable.

I wish to god I was technically minded because I'd be much happier doing manual labor than being stuck amongst the people at university.

Also, the job market for lawyers is absolute shit right now.

No my job wasn't automated. For one I was a quality control tech preparing solutions and doing analysis on product, this was while I was finishing my degree. For my most recent job I was hired by a university to do research in a biochemistry laboratory. I don't know why I'm replying since you obviously didn't even read my post.

Yeah I'm hanging in there. I'm doing research now to set up my own lab if I get too restless. Thanks.

My uni is well known as being a stepping stone to top tier unis and the law school advisors told me I'm a shoe in candidate to all but Harvard Yale UChicago etc. Im either going to a top 12 or going into the film Industy. You're right that its not worth it if you're not going somewhere top tier.

I wouldn't even recommend law unless you go to a favored law school and just love that kind of work. It's actually pretty tedious stuff, and anecdotally I know far more unemployed lawyers than I do unemployed engineers.

Although if you go a technical route and then do patent law, you can make some pretty good money. Hard to economically justify it, though.

//thread

are you me?
gpa was 2.7 in high school, still got into a decent school.
nearly flunked out of college first semester, now set to graduate cum laude. entering 3rd 20 credit semester if I get a 170 on the LSAT I can go anywhere I want
The misery is just the justification for me, If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

I know its tedious but Its like a puzzle, cant explain but I really enjoy it. Im going into contract or intellectual property law with a focus on working in the entertainment industry. Hollywood is about to undergo a huge upheaval and theres no way in hell the entertainment industry gets less litigious.

Leftover boomer conception. People still expect a six figure salary after graduating in the middle of their law class at a school ranked #100 best.
LSAT is king, more so than undergrad. Also, no school is worth sticker price.

As far as automation in technical fields goes, you really need to be able to do the kind of abstract and innovative thinking that leads to better processes, which leads to better automation. If you're the type that likes rote work and paper-pushing, your role will likely be replaced with a very small Python script.

>quality control tech
wtf mate that's just a title...
foodsci.rutgers.edu/aboutUs/alumni/Quality control technician11-8-16.pdf
this job has the same requirements as Mcdonalds

and good job doing research you complete and utter shite faggot you just need to grow up

Plato also had thoughts and you and me as well

You were facilitating somebody else's research or you were playing with play dough technically doing research ok
That was part of your education you idjit. Why did you think you could science with a BS you can be a science teacher in middle school. Maybe. Is it your confidence?

Yes. Law has a low barrier to entry now, as compared to something like medicine. This has led to many people who should not be lawyers, becoming lawyers.

i don't know, i'm 26 and have no life experience