You wake up tomorrow and come to realize that you're back in 2004 with everything set to be accurate - no smartphone...

You wake up tomorrow and come to realize that you're back in 2004 with everything set to be accurate - no smartphone, no social media to check as if it's the newspaper, no heated controversy to be brought up casually in conversation, no casual discussion of politics (which was thought to be very personal at one point)

Could you do it? Could you go back to a simpler life? Or has this void within our timeline ruined your outlook on the world for the rest of the time that you're on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Ln-qyvX_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Invest heavily in Tesla and Bit coin and the housing market before the crash.

Tell Stephen Paddock to set up a motion sensing machine gun in the hallway to buy him more time to escape.

Tell politicians that Basic Income is a 200+ year old idea and if we continue going the way we are, we will end up producing ungodly levels of unnecessary suffering.

Interest Obama in Hentai so he never runs for president.

ez

>2004

I'd enjoy every moment of the 2000s once more, I'd even get to become a 4channer three years earlier.

At that time? More like invest in Amazon and AMD.

Wait another 10 years before tesla and bitcoin.

>not monopolizing on the incoming feminist fashion trend of edgy t-shirts
I would absolutely be the devil's advocate. Millions of women wear that shit, you charge $10 a pop and you're a millionaire at bare minimum

>become a 4channer
Newfag plz go.

I fucking miss the early 2000's.

Those were amazing years.

>tell Stephen paddock
I'm sorry but how? You don't have a smartphone and your eMachines can't magically find his information back then like it can now. You wouldn't have the first clue on what to do in efforts of reaching him.

yup. people were still optimistic about the future

>2004
>no heated controversy to be brought up casually in conversation

>Bush
>2000 Election
>9/11
>Iraq
>Columbine
>Michael Moore

it seems as if the world has become increasingly pessimistic as time goes.
In the 80s and 90s people thought we'd have flying cars and stuff, now all we talk about is doom of the known world.

>2017
>getting trolled this hard
user...

You're comparing apples and oranges if you think that controversy is anywhere near as prominent and detrimental as the controversy we have today
>look at me I'm an oldfag

In a fucking heartbeat OP. Don't make me cry.

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Ln-qyvX_I

>tfw you will never recapture the joy of Vanilla and the day BC came out and you could ride a fucking griffin

Raids like AQ40 and even MC made vanilla so good

We have to go back.

Google and Apple had much more ignificant gains in those times

I'm humoring myself here but what if humanities best bet is to create a time machine in which we reverse time every so often to prevent irreversible damage from happening?

There would be a dial, stretching from 2008 backwards, to say 84, like a washing machine. Designated teams of scientists set to turn the dial back every now and then, with it being such an ongoing thing that society becomes unaware/desensitized to it, essentially getting comfortable within a never ending loop

If there isn't a science fiction novel about this I think I've struck gold

I'd spray-paint "Macedonia is Bulgaria" instead of shitposting on Sup Forums. I'd also invest a shit ton of money in housing, jewgle, amazon, facebook, bitcoin, uber, etc and become king of the balkans.

that too, i miss always watching news on a shit quality 240p TV about even shitter footage of iraq and bush.

and don't get me started about the internet back then, i LOVED playing crap flash games on sketchy websites and CS on a
crappy big PC

>bitcoin.
>pot stocks, housing market, etc.
>patent stuff
>get to post on /n/ when it was still about news.
>nifty flip phone.
I'm down

This would of course happen only after Trump fully secures Washington and sets the US on a path toward space travel and never-ending innovations

>Or has this void within our timeline ruined your outlook on the world for the rest of the time that you're on it?
Yes.

Don't forget
>Tawnee Stone.
>Jordan Capri.

I would be healthier and younger, that alone would be worth almost any sacrifice

>don't own a smartphone even in 2017
>in 2004 I could be openly racist and nobody would bat an eye
>I would be able to get rich by buying bitcoins
I would have no complaints if the time travel meant I would become 13 years younger and replace the young me from that time.