Assuming I watched both anime seasons of Kaiji, am I good going straight into Part 3 of the manga?

Assuming I watched both anime seasons of Kaiji, am I good going straight into Part 3 of the manga?
I heard the anime is a very faithful adaptation of the first two parts but I wanted to make sure.
Also Kaiji thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/181868/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-gambling-apocalypse-kaiji-part-1-scans
bakabt.me/torrent/152832/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-gambling-apocalypse-kaiji-part-2
bakabt.me/torrent/168716/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-part-3
bakabt.me/torrent/182682/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-kazuya-hen-part-4
fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/
gematsu.com/2016/10/kaiji-vr-steel-beam-crossing-despair-announced-playstation-vr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

>go to Sup Forums
>be reminded that Kaiji S3 will never ever happen

The second movie bombed so the third movie never got made and the anime was riding on the free advertising of the movies since the anime itself was unprofitable and basically bombing hard.
Add to this the composer being busted for having pot and going to jail for 7 years minimum, we're fucked.

BUT ENJOY YOUR PACHINKO :^)

I just want more FKMT anime in my life.

You could answer my bloody question

Part 3 picks up right after the bog.
Hope you know mahjong

>am I good going straight into Part 3 of the manga
Yes, but you need to know how to play mahjong to fully enjoy it. At least basic rules, what the winning hand is, what's furiten and how to distinguish man tiles.

You don't even need to know it, I didn't understood shit about it and Part 3 was still a fucking ride.

Yes, you can start off at part 3, however it's Mahjong, and it doesn't explain it at all - you'll have to learn it yourself.

I don't know mahjong other than the shitty matching tiles windows one, any guide?

Alternatively, would Akagi anime explain it Mahjong or is that also a nope?

People watch and enjoy Akagi 3 times. Before they learn mahjong, after they learn rules and after they actually become decent at it.

I remember that one pic showing reactions to watching Akagi in those 3 stages.

That unfortunately doesn't answer my question

Fkmtkrazy scans have a jong guide after like every chapter once the game starts.

Though from here on, each game is like 100 chapters thanks to his godly pacing (works well for part 3, not so well for part 4. Part 5 is still on going.)

Also won't teach you mahjong on its own. But it most likely will make you interested in learning it.

Kaiji uses simplified subset of Mahjong rules so it's actually better to start there. You can always check /jp/, they have constant mahjong threads where you can ask for help. People are very kind there.

Meant for

>Also won't teach you mahjong on its own.
Akagi won't*
Fucking autocorrect

I see, thanks guys.
If the scans have some bare minimum guide then I think I'll just start with Kaiji mahjong and go from there.
I intended to watch Akagi later but mahjong intimidates me.

Oh and inb4 "why don't you read Akagi manga", cause I heard it's in filler hell because the author has the publishing company on life support and deliberately extends it forever so the company won't tank. Also I have a policy of not reading ongoing arcs since Berserk already fucked me over with that.

Man, I miss Kaiji anime. It was super entertaining. Sad to hear there won't be more. Fuck pachinko.

Rewatch it, especially now that better encodes exist, especially for S1.

Mahjong isn't that hard to learn, at least not as a family of games. Japanese/riichi mahjong can be something of a pain though, mostly due to its scoring system. You should be able to pick up stuff like the order of play and basic melds in no time.

I went straight into part 3 from the Anime and I was fine. Like others ahd said in the thread you may want to read up on the rules for Mahjong but you really only need to know the basics since the game they play in part 3 is really simplified.

The basics of Mahyong is pretty much just Poker. If you watch Kaiji first, then you will understand what is going on pretty quickly. The only problem you will have for the first few chapters is remembering the japanese terms like "riichi" and "ron" and such.

Obligatory

>If you watch Kaiji first
>watch
Ha... ha.....

Just watch Yugioh.

>gambling manga
>shit with betting lives and esoteric games
>all around good time
>and then the mahjong arc comes along...
>every damn time

what are some good shows about gambling similar to kaiji?

I've already seen akagi

>The basics of Mahyong is pretty much just Poker.

Mahjong isn't much like Poker. If you want to compare it to a card game compare it to Rummy (to which it's very similar) or a bit more distantly to something like Pinochle.

>compare it to Rummy
>compare a game that only a few countries instinctively can recognize the symbols on the tiles to streamline the game to game with numbers that's universally understood and so easy, a child can play

Do you want shows or mangas? Because I can give you a lot of nice seinen gambling mangas.

Because that's what mahjong and rummy gameplay is about, symbol recognition.

the basics i said
You get dealed a set number of cards/tiles, you exchange some of those cards/tiles that don't fit your hand for some new random ones in the hope they fit better.

Rummy is also similar, but also very different. It's obvious that neither games are exactly like Mahjong.

One Outs isn't about gambling but it's similar to Kaiji in many ways.

symbol recognition =/= number recognition

Rummy shares the same basic play mechanic as Mahjong, which is to take turns drawing and discarding with the aim of making melds. Which makes sense because the game family ultimately derives from 19th century Chinese card games, so it probably shares a common ancestor with modern mahjong.

I finished the anime the other day. Spoilers ahead.
I was so fucking glad poor Kaiji finally caught a break at the end that I'm going to pretend the story ends there and Kaiji got a normal job afterwards and lived a peaceful life and never crossed paths with the Yakuza again.
Honestly the whole time I was expecting the bog deal to end with him even deeper in hell and a "NOPE, NO S3, GO READ THE MANGA".

Also did I just watch about 20 episodes of a guy trying to shoot a ball into a hole

>did I just watch about 20 episodes of a guy trying to shoot a ball into a hole
I believe there were only 8 episodes of that, dear sir...

are you retarded or do you just want to be able to say "The game i choose as a comparison is better, that makes me smarter"? Poker is something everyone knows and my mentioning of a game similar to mahjong was for that very purpose, it was not for a game of "Whoever finds a game that is closer to mahjong wins"

Who the fuck is that ugly slut at the end of each Kaiji s2 episode anyway? And I don't mean Sakazaki's daughter, I mean the 3DPD slut.

Was Ichijou gay? And does he ever return?

>tfw no other animes like kaiji

Akagi was good but not at the same level I think.

Akagi has two major flaws.
1. Horrible gary stu protagonist, the mariest of sues, to whom nothing ever bad happens. That alone makes Akagi uninteresting to start with.
2. Zero variety with the gambles. It's all Nihongo Mahjongo for 26 episodes straight which makes it much less interesting for the viewer, even more so if you consider the entry barrier of learning that type of mahjong to begin with.

Honestly I think Akagi is trash, I know people shit on me for this opinion but it is pure legitimate trash and by far the worst of FKMT works.
Kaiji is what Akagi should've been.

OP is a needy little bitch.

user is a faggy little cunt

>People shit on me for this opinion
>pure legitimate trash
>Opinion
>Legitimate

gee, I wonder why?

He was so obviously gay for Kaiji

Yes (You) are.

Being a cunt and not answering a simple question is only what homosexuals like you do

>Waaaa, someone answer me!
>I can't do anything on my own without guidance!

A lot of nerve to call someone a cunt acting like you do. Stay mad.

You should get cancer and die for shitposting my thread like a little bitch nigger you subhuman euro mudslime

How I felt up until maybe the last episode. Fuck was it still fun though

Liar Game. Games a more complex, slightly too much so at times that there's just chapters of texts explaining them. Still fun. Kaiji's slightly better though.

>my thread

newfags believe this
>bitch
>nigger
>subhuman
>mudslime
>euro

take your buzzwords and your anger back to

Why are you posting like a ledditor

I raped your mother you bitch

You shouldn't read or watch Kajii. Edgy little kid like you might actually try the stuff the anime/ manga does and hurt yourself pretty bad.

Do your parents Know you're on Sup Forums? I do not think they would appreciate knowing what you're doing right now.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR LIFE

I'LL FIND YOU AND SHIT DOWN IN YOUR MOUTH

DID IT HURT WHEN YOUR DADDY RAPED YOU FUCKFACE?

FUCK

YOU

>buttblasted newfag gets quads

OP here, what the hell happened here when i went away to walk my dog

Does anyone ever fall for this weak form of damage control?

Stay angry, angst riddled adolescent. Go easy on the mom raping though, I heard they don't take kindly to kids trying to hump them.

No one wants your small inoperable penis.

I don't know whats sadder, the fact that you're just like the shitposter or the fact he sucessfuly destroyed any attempt at normal discussion ITT either way im out

>I totally walked my dog and wasn't being angry as fuck

Sure thing buddy, past your bedtime anyway.

>either way i'm out

No one cares. Go back to le-ddit. I heard they coddle whiny shits like you there.

Watched akagi as drunk as a slav years ago and I had no fucking idea what I was watching until this year when I watched kaiji. Is the manga worth reading, I hear Akagi's been on Washizu's wild ride longer than the boat
I really fucking love the akagi op and ed

Greetings fellow slav. I have not read the Akagi manga I can only recommend Kaiji manga. I also heard the Washizu match either hasn't ended at all yet or at least lasts figuratively forever.
>symbol recognition =/= number recognition

I'm the guy in Kaiji threads usually comparing mahjong to poker and I like how the other dude agrees with me. You sir are however retarded. I don't know about rummy and it's rules but I know poker very well and as the other guy said it is a game many people know to at least some extent.

There are 4 symbols on western cards: spade, club, heart and diamond (suits). On the flip side many mahjong tiles have numbers (forgot the names, the wheels, the sticks and that third word tile set that represents numbers). We can consider those 3 different suits of 1-7 numbered cards and the rest are unique cards that can't make straights but only pairs trips and quads (and an individual dora is like a card that connects with the community cards to make a pair, trips or quads depending on the ammount of revealed doras in the wall).

I could go on forever, there are some similarities but it goes without saying there are also differences. The point of the comparison is mainly in the hand-building with the goal of building the strongest and thus least likely hand, or building a decent hand faster and ending the round prematurely to preserve it's value.

Please don't tell me they use nose as a plot point

Is Fukumoto the Dostoevsky of anime?

Of manga you mean

Both are Japanese literature :^)

>the composer being busted for having pot and going to jail for 7 years minimum
Waste of talent, 7 years for simple possession? what the fuck Japan

when did this get translated??

We don't know for how long, 7 years is the minimum sentence. If you're "famous" you get more as a fuck you.
Fun fact, he had less than 1.5 grams on him, it was for his own personal use.
Oh and he's completely blacklisted now so even after he comes out of jail he will never get a decent job ever again, especially not a composer job.

It's also why Aoi Bungaku OST was never released.

Translated it myself while making the edit.

That sucks, a lot.

FUARK YOU, DO THE WHOLE MANGA

How long did it take you to learn jap and what would you start a new one on ?

Son...

Part 1:
bakabt.me/torrent/181868/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-gambling-apocalypse-kaiji-part-1-scans

Part 2:
bakabt.me/torrent/152832/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-gambling-apocalypse-kaiji-part-2

Part 3:
bakabt.me/torrent/168716/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-part-3

Part 4:
bakabt.me/torrent/182682/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-kazuya-hen-part-4

Part 5 (ongoing):
fkmtkrazy.blogspot.com/

>they're turning the steel beam walk challenge into a PSVR game
gematsu.com/2016/10/kaiji-vr-steel-beam-crossing-despair-announced-playstation-vr

This would fuck with your head so fucking hard if you slipped.

I'd refuse to play this game unless the floor was laid out with pillows.

i mean the rest of 5.

that has been like 1 chapter every 2 months.

This cannot be real.

That arrow is obviously edited.
And I'm not even gonna mention how out of place the last panel is

You don't really need to know it for minefield mahjong since it's a lot more like regular poker than normal Japanese mahjong. Plus it relies on tricks a fair bit more than say, Akagi, which is more about ballsy plays and obvious cheating, rather than the more subtle stuff that happens in Kaiji.

I've already started but thanks for the tip anyway

>read Gin to Kin
>manga entirely focused on shady deals and underground economics and politics
>suddenly the protagonist has to face down an old man who became mad due to his overwhelming success in a mahjong battle

That looks nice.

>part 1 scanlated never

>Best rival was actually cheating
This better be an edit user

>13 hours ago
If by some miracle you are still around, please post gambling mangas
Already read One outs and Liar game

Not him, but there's other Fukumoto works like Ten or Rei, though gambling in Rei is mostly in the first part and Ten is entirely about mahjong. In case you are fine with Mahjong, Tetsunaki no Kirinji is pretty nice.
I'm currently enjoying 81 diver, which is more about dudes doing retarded shit and making retarded faces while playing shogi than gambling, but still has a gambling element.