Dbgt thread

Gt was well animated but damn the story is shit.

>Gt was well animated
it wasn't bad but it also had some bad frames, your selective and nostalgic memory are just not remembering those.

Yeah sure it wasnt perfect but it was more consistent then dbs.

I can't believe there are people who unironically like gt

It was consistent all right. Consistently awful.

Baby saga was goat level of good after that it went downhill really fast.

still better then anything super has drawn.

Aint that bad but ok I've see worse in super. Cough Frieza vs goku cough.
They didnt even bother to fix it for the blurays

>Cough Frieza vs goku cough.
literally reruns and retelling filler of a movie.

Nor like u6 arc was drawn like a master piece.
Anywho this is dbgt thread so yeah.
Whats the best arc in gt?

Super can get a character's hand right. GT gives Goku two left hands.

Super 17's fight isn't even animated half the time.

You don't want to play this game Jose.

I dont get it. Last time I was in the super thread people called me spics for liking it. Now here I see an anti gt fag calling people spics. So I guess the only way to not be a spic is to not like dragonball at all.
Also nice bait desu

spics love GT and all the fan fiction tier stuff, purists on the other hand like to discuss real canon stuff.

So super is fanfiction now?
I thought since it was made by toryiama people would like it. But for the eps 64 thread there were tons calling me spic for enjoying the episode.
You fuckers dont even know what to like or hate.

When the quality of the episode dips into "padding" tier animation and storyboard/storytelling, we call it Toeitrash. If you like dumb shit like plot holes, inconsistencies, paradoxes, and overall "filler-like" content chances are people will trash you..

>I thought since it was made by toryiama people would like it.
the bullet point "plot outlines" that he sends out to Toei is so barebones people will jump at any chance to criticise Toei's low quality.

Kis goku was hilarious as fuck.
I fucking hated super 17. Shit made no sense. Shadow dragonball were overrated. It should have ended with baby and it would have been very decent.

Baby was actually a good villain because he was based on pre existing lore from the OVA Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans.

Nah man omega shenron was hype. The concept was good but I wish some of the side cast could have dealth with the weaker dragons instead of it always being goku.

Omega shenron had a cool design but damn was he a shit villain. I am evil because of negative energy durr.
Baby was the only one who made any sense.

I thought that DBGT had the most 'badass' moments mixed into it. It's kind of hard to describe but I guess I could name a few.

General Rildo slams goku into the ground, and you get an overhead view of goku rocketing down, hitting the ground, and before the explosion is even finished he's flown back up to knee Rildo in the face.

When Super 17 is curb stomping Goku and has him stuck in a cliff face, goku goes "NRGH IS THAT ALL YOU GOT" and 17 is instantly right in front of him to say "no" and curb stomp him some more.

When Goku first turns SSJ4 and is beating the shit out of baby, and there's the shot where he lands in the distance, and walks towards the screen while fading in and out closer each time.

Overall it was kinda boring, and I blame that on the western 'post-apocalyptic' soundtrack and dark, earthy red tones the series had. But it definitely had style.

You gotta rewatch gt with the japanese ost. Its 100 times better. Bruce fulconer fucked up big time and the american opening was pure cancer.

>Bruce fulconer fucked up big time and the american opening was pure cancer.
You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

>some people on this board unironically don't like dbgt and don't think it's better than all the other db and one of the best anime ever
I guess you're the same kind of people who believe Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion are shit anime too ?

Now this is some very poor quality bait.
I am not even gonna give you an image for that.

>Omega shenron had a cool design but damn was he a shit villain

If you are an edgy 5 year old maybe.

GT is essentially good concepts poorly put into action. Shadow Dragons could've been GOAT arc but fuck did they drop the ball. It doesn't help seeing that most of them had shit designs.

Best scene in GT

Dan dan kokoro

>tfw you prefer SSJ4 over SSG or SSB
>it will never show up in an anime again
>forced to see it in games only

At least they recognize it, I guess.

I'd say its possible but getting back to SSJ4 is a fucking chore itself. Can't really skip to 5 either. Guess that's why we ended up with red version and blue version. Next up green.

The only thing good about this was the opening, everything else was terrible. A damn shame considering I had it in high regards but recently rewatched it and was thoroughly disappointed.

An ad hominem is the first choice to completely shutdown all forms of dissenting opinions on these sites. Not like they can properly debate regardless. GT vs Super is really non-nonsensical as well. Super has the backing of 2 very successful movies to pool a budget from. Where did all that money go? This is just the result of obvious milking of the DB franchise, they put out low quality animation AND art consistently. Again as mentioned the blu-ray is a slight improvement but nothing noteworthy. For me personally GT has horrible pacing, first 20 episodes I just did not care. Some concepts are cool like Dragon Balls having a negative from all the usage they spammed during the series, as well as Baby, being a victim of the Saiyans conquering.

Super is bad as far as modern day animation and art goes. Story wise that is all subjective but its also nothing novel in the shounen genre, which is pretty notable considering Toriyama is considered this pioneer for shounen itself.

Evangelion has phenomenal art and animation for its time. But I only got the next villain of the week vibe from all the angels. Then with the congratualtions ending the story is really questionable. The movie adds more to the real purpose but it makes nearly all the past 20 episodes worthless, only a few scenes early on and the final 6 build on the conclusion. Singularity is an amazing idea, just horribly implemented in that show.

Cowboy Bebop is another show with great art and solid animation. Not a fan of slice of life/episodic anime, but it is enjoyable. Its good but I do believe its overrated.

I wouldnt consider them shit anime, but they are far from perfect. Besides the strawmans anything else?