Im missing Kyoukai No Kanata

Im missing Kyoukai No Kanata

Im missing Sakura. Help me anons. Season 2 when?

I like her too.

Admittedly her development early on looks rather rushed, but her turning from a sad apathetic girl to a caring friend, all the while still retaining at lazy outlook, that kind of thing easily gets to me.

Don't think there'll be another season, most kyoani shows now concludes itself by getting a movie. Hibike apparently would adapt the rest of the novels, and since it already has the movie it'll be the last of it. Same with KnK too, it's good that it got two movies, but I gues it's time to move on.

I just finished this and I really don't get the hate for it

Today is Mitsuki's birthday I think.

Looks like it

Too bad she accepts gifts from aniki only

Would she share with nee-san?

aniki is a siscon, she's not a brocon though and is into MC

>not a brocon though and is into MC
I thought they're both really into each other, and her interactions with akkey is just her messing around with him.

Mitsuki was never into the MC.

She actually likes her brother.

Sibling love is forbidden love!

man, smug christmas cakes are the best

and she even walks around in shorts. I wonder what she was like as a teen. probably a yuribait

KyoAni didn't know what to do with it. Watch the OVA, it's closer to what KnK should have been in the first place. I don't think they were ready for a show like this at the time.

That said, I'm glad KyoAni handled this one and made it bloom differently. Any other studio and this would've been a forgettable paranormal action show.

as far as fantasy school anime go, KnK is one of the best. I'm happy that Ishidate is getting better material though.

Seriously, what's her problem?

I'm still not convinced with the Hyouka no Kanata approach but there's a first time for everything. I hope KyoAni get's to do the series or another one like it again.

maybe a collaboration?

Immortal guardian hottie problems

her quirks just reflect the weird stuff of current times

I don't know what you're trying to say.

Gonna be dumping scans of these glasses from the BDs

She looks really way sexy with that pose and face.

She fucked a youmuu.

Glasses don't fit him I think.

Ah, couldn't be more catlike do you?

The shonen-y aspects of the show were a bit lacking. Maybe it's the lack of lore.Were they adhering too much to their established style?

smug christmas cake with glasses is the superior female form

You mean the action? It kind of had poor flow.

yeah that too. remember episode 1's school chase scene? that was my favorite 'fight' scene and it wasnt even serious. it was clear that they can do superb action scenes but that's just not their main thing. Chunni's action scenes were dope af by comparison.
But at least they don't call out their attack names in KnK,which was nice.

and the Spirit Warriors stuff wasn't fleshed out that much. we only got to see other memeber in the 2nd movie. I guess that's understandable for KyoAni given their 13-episode schedule and preference for developing charcter interaction instead of world building.

Which is why a collaboration could be interesting. KyoAni doing what they do best, and let the other studio handle the other stuff.

Mirai gets off to abusing little kids, that I can definitely believe in.

This show should would have been OK without the amount of unnecessary side characters

But im sure Kyoani put in some original characters like they always do

don't bully

I've no idea what the hell kind of quirk is this.

I want to hug the beautiful Nase sisters.

I wouldn't ever do that to a cute girl!

Just watch K-on you fag.

They usually add OCs to add a bit more to the story. Sakura served to flesh Mirai out more.
Not sure what Ai's point was though.
Honestly it did have too many characters though, everyone was underdeveloped except for Akkey and Mirai

What box is that?

Reina=Mitsuki>Chitanda>Mio>Tamako

Touka and Izumi are on a higher class of their own though

Well there's this, and I think she does spout a bit of exposition here and there. Otherwise I don't think she does much other than being an accessory though.

Got a BD special starring mainly her, but that's not part of the main show.

She's a pretty good side character though, does her roles well, isn't obnoxious (depends on how much you like her cute episode), and isn't present anywhere she's not necessary. Probably kyoani's only pure fanservice character, and not just sexually.

Akkey's mom is the obnoxious one, I couldn't bear her genkiness

But which Reina?

>lack of lore
This. Lore is Fate's daily bread and butter. Kyoani's shows put a lot of emphasis on characters which doesn't work all that well for KnK.

Violet is more of their thing.

I thought Phantom World did fine with the phantom lore

Now you really have to explain further.

bumping for muh waifu

Benis

You're waifu's irrelevant mate

she has a big spear thing

arent we all?

i know, i still love her

But what's so special about her?

I wish my laptop could run Premiere without burning up.

i like expressionless girls who are lazy
she is sort of like an adult Hina from Hinamatsuri, except Hina is just pure daughterfu

Currently rewatching the show because I got 2 of my friends to watch it. I've missed Mitsuki

Do you watch them together?

Yeah, so far we've watched every episode together. We watched ep 6 yesterday. Laughs were had ^^

Who do you think they like the most?

>everyone remembers that it's Mitsuki's birthday but no one remembers it's yours too
it shouldn't hurt but it does

I still haven't gotten around to the film.

because you're literally irrelevant

Both of them seem to like Mitsuki the most atm. Which is a good choice

At least I'm soulmates with best girl

I'll remember.

>mistuki

I forgot to change the filename like you told me to last time

Do it now

Huh, no wonder it was a moment of deja vu for me

Just finished KnK today too. I felt like I should have liked it more than I did. I mean, it ticked all the boxes but it just never clicked with me. A solid 7/10, but nothing special (and I feel like it should have been).

>The shonen-y aspects of the show were a bit lacking. Maybe it's the lack of lore.Were they adhering too much to their established style?
The show is a romance primarily.

>The show is a romance primarily.
But its romance element was easily its weakest.

Definitely fucking not. Every single plotpoint of the show was written to develop the romance. KnK's main couple is one of the few couples in anime that have a legitimate reason to fall for each other. Seriously.

I'm not saying that they didn't have a legitimate reason to fall for each other. I'm just contesting the assertion that the show is primarily a romance anime because the romance element is consistently in the background, almost to the point where I forgot out it. During the profession of love scene in the final episode, I was like "Oh yeah, the romance - they actually love each other" in my head.

It's not a bad romance, but calling it a predominantly romance anime is a considerable stretch because it is far from the focus of the show.

Moot point, considering the nee-san doesn't have any interest in the Aniki.

Yeah, not really. She was into her brother. This show made its couples really clear.

>watching anime with friends
>ever

never gonna get why people pair akkey and mitsuki

Probably because of her teasing of him in episode 1 regarding confessing.

Incest is wrong.

It's also cute.

It's fine as long as he doesn't dick her.

>dick her
That's very crass. It's called love making.

Inbred babies!

It's shit.

S2 when?

So you dislike the romance here because it's not cliche The Notebook kind of romance. Ok.

user, I explicitly said that it's not bad romance (although I wouldn't call it great romance either). Are you functionally retarded or just really shit at reading comprehension?

I don't give a fuck. Kyoukai no Kanata was fucking written around the romance, even if it wasn't explicitly said. That's exactly what makes it a good romance. The romance develops in a more natural way that doesn't feel like they're pushing romance down your throat, it's very subtle. Just because there was no love at first sight, no romance flags when they met (cliche as fuck), etc, doesn't mean it isn't the main story. They did not meet to fall for each other, they were forced to meet to be enemies, and the romance overcame that. It would be fucking pointless and really bad writing putting any romantic scenes in a scenario like that.

Maybe the problem is that we're talking about different "romance" here. You're talking about the tone of the show or the romantic scenes and stuff, while I'm talking about the love story of the main characters being the main plot.

>while I'm talking about the love story of the main characters being the main plot.
And that's what I fundamentally disagree with. It felt like a secondary plot that only became truly relevant in the finale couple of episodes. It was never the focus of the preceding 10 episodes. It was there, but not prolific enough to warrant the show being considered a romance anime.

It's not a romance anime.

(Again, I'm not disputing the quality of the romance itself, which you seem convinced that I am)

It was not the focus directly, but everything that happened in the show happened for the romance. Like I said, not directly, but to make the developments necessary for there to be a romance later.