Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjqctlJ0u58
youtube.com/watch?v=aB_CtfZqx0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm slowly playing the first dot.hack game

I defend it for the yuri

>trapped in a MMO show
>no animation budget for fighting
>have long drawn out conversations instead with panning images of the characters and backgrounds
>if the characters are in a dungeon, lead by seeing them swing a sword once
>proceed with eight minute conversation as they stand in place

Nobody defends this.

Who are you quoting?

I'll defend it for the OST.

It was too long and would've been better as 1-cour so they didn't have to fill time with boring conversations

We got to see Subaru's nipples after the last scene of the OVA and that probably started me down the path of degeneracy, so I love it for that at least

It wasn't trash, it's just hailed as the second coming of jesus by normies because it's the only anime they've seen.

Doraemon.

If you actually rewatch/reread it it's actually trash desu.

Gundam Wing

stick to moeshit, bub

Came here to post this. Anyone claiming it's a masterpiece is crazy.

I wouldn't say it's shit but it's definitely bad. But I've never seen any fans really call it good, they usually admit even by .hack standards it's pretty bad.

No one, you dip.

Hokuto no Ken

while the manga is awesome, the anime is an insane unwatchable piece of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=bjqctlJ0u58

Mushishi? More like more MushiSHIT

Oh hell no

fuck you

>is an insane unwatchable piece of shit
How far did you watch? Because the anime is pretty damn faithful to the manga.

I dare you to trash this show Sup Forums

POTTERY

The ending ruins the whole show, it was shit before that though.

I've seen a diehard fan defend it saying "you have to play all the games."

Eva and One piece is a masterpiece

Darker Than Black? More like Browner Than Shit!

And its usually the SAO halfwits that trash it, mostly because they think every trapped in an mmo story should be another SAO.

This is the new defense of .hack apologists, and SAO is their scapegoat.

I second the motion

Overrated =/= trash

FLCL
>THIS.

Actually I just hate the SAO fanbase for being among the stupidist on Sup Forums. The two shows barely have anything in common yet we get assclowns like you attacking it. Mind you the butthurt that Log Horizon engendered was a lot funnier.

Then why are you greentexting?

try again

You don't get to call anyone "stupidist" if you find "butthurt" funny.

Fucking this

I'm not the one who posted it. And greentext has been used like that for yeers.

Also Escaflowne, I really wanted to like it.

.hack's OST is good, at least. The show itself is pretty meandering, though.

I think FLCL is kind of not that great either, outside of the music. It just feels like stuff Gainax did better both before and after.

I mean I can understand if they say the games are the strongest entry in the franchise or they represent it better or just they are better, I've never played the game but I've heard good things.

My favorite .hack is legend of the twilight which is only okay.

>My favorite .hack is legend of the twilight

Fuck you mate

For what it's worth, it's still better than 99% of high-school themed anime

I haven't seen Sign, but there is literally no way it can be anywhere near as bad as the first 4 game series. It's the worst RPG I've ever played.

I'd kill for a .hack(or any mmo anime) where it was just people doing shit in an mmo, dealing with guild drama, server drama, raiding, pvping, and having fun.

Log Horizon is probably the best "trapped in an MMO" series I've seen so far though, but I only watched like 2 episodes of Overlord.

Fuck you I'll defend this.

I imagine the only reason people don't like this is because there isn't enough action and because most of it is just talking. But what you get from this formula is the characters being fleshed out more than any other show. It explored isolation and depression about as good as anything else, even better than most other shows. It wasn't the most visually striking anime but it didn't need to be because the dialogue was pretty strong. The only downside I can think of is that the plot won't make a lot of sense near the end if you haven't played the game, but it still can stand on its own if you really try to make sense of things. Also the OST is god tier.

Personally, I don't like it when a full understanding and appreciation of a series would require me to get less accessible media related to the franchise. The fact of the matter is //sign failed to make me a fan so I never looked forward to succeeding titles, and for a fan to say I have to [play games/source media/manga] is saying I have to be a fan to be a fan; it already made it's impression and I'm not obligated to follow through it.

.hack//SIGN is what Hyouka wished it could be.

>muh aniki
>muh believe in yourself
>muh aniki
>muh believe in yourself
>muh aniki
>muh believe in yourself

That's not true. I don't like it because I don't like sulky teenagers in my anime. If an anime script would be made mostly from MMO chats I'd rather have funny, more positive or hopeful themes.

The rest of your defense is acceptable.

I think he's talking about the animation not the story

Nobody seema to remember how gay this series was. Like seriously babbies first yaoi

I know you only came to this thread to see if this was posted so.

The game was incredible though repetitive. Best soundtracks.

Loved Mistral and Gardenia the best.

GU games were shit and were a sign of the anime industry taking a turn for the worst: moeshit, pandering, ect

Besides the Liminality tie in, the animes were shit too.

Way too much backstory and they kept giving their concepts chinese terms, it stops being fun when Sugimoto stops playing Sasuke.

Gundam Wing. Because it was on Toonami and is the only Gundam many have seen, it's a 'classic'. It's not the worst when Turn-a-Gundam and Seed are out there but it's fucking boring.

Higarushi aka Sup Forums's first cute girls doing uncute things

Code Geass

I had fun, I can admit it's not that good. It was also my first MMO story.

Overlord kinda does that, it was an aimless but fun show. Only thing it lacks is guild mates but there's flashbacks for that and his servants kinda full that role.

Oh I agree, if people say you can't judge anything because you haven't experienced all of it is full of shit. I just say it's a fair claim if they say other stuff is better or if one entry isn't a fair representation of the whole franchise.

Then he's a child because the animation is perfectly fine unless he's one of those "I can't watch old animation" people, aka a child.

but the ost is better than anything released the last 5 years

Are you serious? the production and animation is cheap as fuck, typical of those long running Toei series from the late 80's / 90's, with a terrible pace and rythm as they were airing at the same time the manga were published. There was shitloads of series with better production and animation from this period and before, just like this for example: youtube.com/watch?v=aB_CtfZqx0w

>>no animation budget for fighting
I just finished .hack//sign yesterday. The only fight that I really disliked was the group one in the cathedral, episode 25.

>The only downside I can think of is that the plot won't make a lot of sense near the end if you haven't played the game, but it still can stand on its own if you really try to make sense of things.
I thought I had a pretty good grasp of things until Helba deleted the field and suddenly there was a happy ending.

>Also the OST is god tier.
This might actually be your nostalgia talking. I got so sick of some of the tracks because they kept playing over and over again.

shine
bright morning light

I disliked it even when it came out, OP. No nostalgia here.

So how much did you watch of HnK?

SAO deserves every ounce of its hate.

fite me

I liked the ending, Otome was trash

>shows from the mid 00's
>nostalgia
Get off my lawn you damn kids

Do people actually defend the anime?

The manga is great but it never got a good adaptation

worst part

Really? I thought it was better than the manga

fuck you Sign did depression better than EVA. EVA is just Sign for autists who need fight scenes to stay interested in a show.

I wouldn't say it is trash because you could put whatever fucking animation you wanted to The Pillows and it'd be decent.

I'll fight you
It was the last good Gundam

I watched this show waiting for the action, there was like one good scene in the entire show. But while I waited for the action I started to like the characters and the world they played in.

I dont believe you. No ones taste is that shit. Trigun only gets better with the years. In the mists of shitty anime of today, watching Trigun is like a blast of artic air in the desert.

>It was the last good Gundam
This.

0079 was the last good gundam

TTGL was one of the best anime ever. To bad Kamina died at the end.

>Escaflowne
Its actually really good when you get past the noses. I would say its less about nostalgia more about the time. You would have just had to have lived there.

Kamina died at the end of the 1st half not at the end of the anime

>To bad Kamina died at the end
>at the end

Stop making up things user.

Simon was a better character anyway.
I've found Kamina pretty bland. He lives only on his own hype, even outside of the anime.

I agree hole heartedly with this. I tried rewatching that show and I couldn't do it. The characters were just so bad. They were never good though. I think that was half the fun, watching them die.

Fuck off, cunt.