Nge

lets just call it what it is
mediocre, tries way too hard but still not much style and way less substance. Perfect for discussion though, pretty easy to point out it is not incoherent bc, but 3deep4u
guess I would have enjoyed it much more if I was 14

Don't worry buddy only 2 more years till you can enjoy it.

>would have enjoyed it when i was 14
nope,watched it when i was 13,just an average mecha anime

Let's just call it what it is
A stale thread that has been posted a thousand times before and will uncover no new secrets or insight
Guess I would have enjoyed it just the same if I looked in the archive.

Been here too long for me to still get triggered by fake contrarian bait.Yet here I am, still replying, still saying you grand mother was a dirty slut.

well in that case I make sure to stay away from the genre

the 4th movie is not going to be finished or released. there was never a 4th movie to begin with.. it was all a lie to get people to not focus on Gainax quitting anime.

hey, I have no problem with (you) man. Please spoonfeed me what was the story, after like the last kid showed up. It made no sense to me. End of evangelion was even worse, there the separate scenes did not make sense by themselves, let alone together

I feel like at this point NGE is to anime what The Beatles are to music.

The Beatles were enormously popular and influential and rightly praised, but because they were so iconic they became the easy target for lazy dull people desperate to prove to everyone how contrarian cool they are by making a big show of disliking them. It's almost a cliche itself at this point.

Posts like this (if it's not just bait which it probably is) are just the same thing with anime.

It's past your nap time, your getting cranky. Sip some juice and go lay down.

thanks mang in the name of grandma too, informative post

you are wrong. People seek out nge because its cult status or because it is recommended to them with the intention to enjoy it, but they are let down which makes them disappointed. There is a valid reason to point out it is overrated and hope someone fills you in what you have missed, but I'm afraid this time I'm not the one at fault, just got memed.

desu i really dont get whats so special about eva.its an alright anime but nothing special imo.

i like mecha anime a lot i just think eva isnt that good

Why should anyone care?

its gross, think disney with still images

I mean it that's the average thanks, but no

>but they are let down which makes them disappointed

Nope, they find it lives up to its reputation. It's why it's so enduringly popular.

This is just tryhard edgy contrarianism.

It's pseudointellectual trash for pseudointellectual teenagers

>I'm afraid this time I'm not the one at fault, just got memed.

You did indeed get memed: you fell for the old "people will think I'm smart if I tell them I don't like popular or iconic works" meme.

derailing this shitty bait thread to ask if anyone knows something about 4.0
god damn it anno, I want to see it before dying

no, regardless of its influence in the fandom, I can still say that it was a great show in itself -- nothing of which, or say just a few, can compare to its achievements/what it did

first, tell us why it's overrated. We're listening

Why are mechafags so butthurt over this show?

I have a hard time understanding the plot. what are Seele? What was the second impact? What about the first? Who wants the third and who does not. Why? Dead Sea Scrolls, what? What are the evas (robots with a soul, why). The fuck is shinjis problem. Who are the angels and what is their motive? What to make out of the (any) ending?

There are partial answers to these, but it is just a incomprehensive mess

more like the piss christ of anime, with all the symbolsim you know

Because it wasnt the harem they wanted, it was a depressing shitstorm

No info my man

focusing on the plot in this show is a mistake.

Why do faggots keep doing this? They compare this anime, made in 95, to their newb intro level anime, usually ones within the last 5 years. Thats like saying Stars Wars is mediocre and Halo is better (reddit does say that), or saying the Wright Brothers' plane is shit compared to fighter jets.

Because it's old, duh. Would you rather drive a 20 year old car or a new car?

>But muh artistic deep symbolism
Fuck off artfags, go fanwank in an art gallery or something.

what am I supposed to focus on? shinji hating his life #4321 ? It comes with a mystery and makes nothing out of it, explains nothing

who compared it to what itt? There is nothing wrong in saying it does not stand the test of time, but I imagine it was a mess back then, so much more, they needed to add another ending

SW is mediocre btw, so is Trek. The latter is just not butthurt about it

This bait is actually pretty good. Hard to find quality like this these days. Kudos.

Name your top 5 favorite anime then.

lqb, let's just agree it was not compared to anything contrary to the previous statement, which makes that posters opinion even more worthless than others itt. Which also makes sense, because xe is trying to defend a poc out of sheer fanboyism

Hopefully, it's never coming out. I believe we had enough of evashit for a lifetime.

Damn, Anno did a good job but he's such a retard
>m-muh otaku disappoint
Fuck you, manga did a better job at detalising third impact

Of the most cryptic elements, Seele were a conspiracy cult who discovered proof of ancient buried supertech and financed expeditions and experimentation to gain control of it. They intentionally triggered it, causing global catastrophe that they exploited to gain control of the United Nations and massively expand its influence. Second Impact was Seele's coverup for this event, which was explained as a meteorite impact, named after the real life Giant Impact Hypothesis, which retroactively became the First Impact within the setting.

Seele wanted control of the UN in order to authorize Project Evangelion, the manufacturing of human-made equivalents of the superbeing they dug out of the ground. First as weapons to stop the other superbeings awakened and attracted by all the science-horror. Then, when those were all dead and couldn't interfere, to collect all of mankind itself into one superbeing, the last and greatest of them all, in a forced evolution of humanity that was the most self-serving to Seele as unfulfilled, scared, occult-minded, old psychopaths.

This was actually in the show, hand to christ, this much is canon.

thanks man, but I still don't know who are these seele people and why do they want that. Should I just interpret they wanted to kill all people out of kindness? Also, it seemed to me they had little to with the instrumentality, I mean they provided the resources, but it was all on Gendo, Rei, Akagi, Fuyutsuki and Shinji (btw, how Gendo's plan was different that made them enemies?)

Anno took a break on working on it for awhile so that he could produce Shin Godzilla, which reeks of eva anyway

Old dudes aren't doing it out of kindness. They want to live forever, it just so happens that the process drags everyone else's souls along with them.

Gendo is just after instrumentality to be reunited with the soul of his wife.

agree, garbage anime

Use your shift key, you ESL troglodyte. No anime has "substance".

This, Seele's scenario was to dissolve all personalities into one gestalt, a new entity possessing everything experienced by everybody it had consumed. Gendo intended to preserve at least his own personality and recover one other at any cost to Seele, and depending on the continuity make himself too big to ever have anything taken from him again.

but if their goals are aligned why are they enemies?

>manga
>canon

kek

great, thanks

>Eva has little style

I don't give a fuck if you don't like the show but if you think the show has no style you're fucking brain damaged.

Evangelion (3.0+1.0) aka EVANGELION One Final (You)

>The first 90% of the film is Anno in a chair speaking to the audience. He goes into the detail about what the show and all the movies mean. He quotes posts from chinese imageboards and tries his best to answer all questions still up in the air.

>There is a pause near the end of the movie. Anno's eyes dart back between the camera lens and an off-screen producer quietly arguing with Anno. Anno remains silent and finally gets up from his chair.

"I just wanted to show the children of the world that life can be better than wallowing in your own self-hate. That we must pick ourselves up and try. That it is our responsibility alone to make ourselves wanted... But what do you all do? Endlessly debate over my insignificant plot whilst ignoring the themes I try to convey, make doujins of my characters and commit Waifu Wars. Well... Heres your final (you).

>Mr. Anno begins to strip completely nude and starts tugging on his penis in full view. He gets erect and his breathing becomes shallow. With a final sweaty heave he lets loose his cum directly onto the camera lens and lets it drip down, covering the whole view in a murky abyss.

>Fade to black, Komm Susser Tod starts playing

>Credits. End.

I would pay money to see this.

It was OK. I never hated it but never thought it was anything great. The pseudo-intellectual arguments were a bit tiresome but you can look past that.

It's the fans who think it's 11/10 second coming of human knowledge who are what would piss me off if I even cared about paying attention to them. I sort of see them as very angry and deluded caged animals at this point. Look at them and watch their behavior if you want, but it's easy enough to ignore and move on to better things.

Took a break for Shin Godzilla, back on track.

We've had a little animator school short showing a hyper-realistic EVA and Utada Hikaru releasing a NGE song.

Because it simultaneously deconstructs the genre apart while also being the best of the genre.

I have to agree the doujinshi could be better as of late.

Singularity is fascinating.

Does humanity even have the right to become a single, immortal entity? Give up billions of temporary, near meaningless yet individual people to create one God?

Would you want to join this creature, give up yourself to become part of a perfect being?

I sometimes wonder if Seele was correct.

>deconstructs

you do realize any argument using this word is just boils down to being crap? Also, it is way overused describing nge

Just because it's easy doesn't make it right.

There's good parts though, the animation, designs and music.

We're already there as a species with community and language. The rest is lazy megalomania.

>I didn't watch the show at all yet I'm here shitposting: the post

I'm literally finishing it right now. Watching episode 26. What the FUCK are these last two episodes?