Why did she have to win?

Why did she have to win?

Because she was the only real option to be honest. She wasn't my favorite girl but she was the only one that was set up to win.

She was the most 'real' girl, perfect foil to Keima.

She was shit
The anime was shit
The protagonist was shit
It came together really

I agree. She was probably one of the worst girls but was the only one that made sense. Also keima had shit taste so it's not that surprising

It's high time the plain looking background girls win. I'm bloody tired of seeing the overly "cute" girls winning.

I'm still laughing.

Because she was best girl and the only one who actually liked Keita for who he really was.

Also it was pretty fucking obvious from the end of the Kami arc that she was eventually going to win.

Because she was the best one for him.

Still, Ayumi was best twgok.

I get excited every time I imagine Chihiro verbally abusing Keima in every last moment of their relationship.

She did not win anything. She fell in love with the protagonist. He failed to reciprocate that love or communicate it to her. How does that make her a winner?

>who he really was

I have my doubts that she really likes him because he enjoys playing dating sims all day every day. Was that ever really specified in the series?

Because that one user was destined to eat his own shit with interest.

IIT autism.

She had the most character development of all the girls, and not relying on some kind of gimmick like her job or talent made her romance all the more genuine. Keima struggled mightily with her capture and that experience made him grow too.

Chihiro also put Keima with his place and whipped him into shape. She was very much a bitch, not a tsundere, a full-blown bitch to start and became pretty dere by the end, but never in a caricature kind of way.

She was the girl he needed. Shippers can go fuck themselves.

because she's the best girl

>I have my doubts that she really likes him because he enjoys playing dating sims all day every day. Was that ever really specified in the series?
The only thing I can think of is that they're both quite hobby focused.

So she didn't really like who he was, she liked having an empty shell to mold into what she wanted?

That is some pretty legit genuine romance.

so you haven't read the manga I see

If you think girls like guys because of their hobbies, it might be why you're unable to attract women.

She didn't mold anything.

But that was literally all he did. That, and blog/reply to e-mails. What exactly got her interested in him?

Are people still mad best girl won?

>If you think girls like guys because of their hobbies, it might be why you're unable to attract women.
Thats not even close to what I said.
Both have hobbies that are involving so they're less likely to get into an imaginary competition of what more important.

IT APPEARS MY WINNING

HAS CAUSED SOME WHINING

Sometimes people fall in love for pointless, nonsensical reasons. They are the exceptions that prove the rule.

I'm more looking for a response to the claims made by this guy who says she likes him for who he really was.

And considering his entire character is 'expert at dating sims', I'm assuming she likes him for that.

He stopped being an asshole and brushing her off. Similarly, she warmed to him and his dumb habits the more exposure she got. A little bit of give and take on both sides went a long way and transitioning them from full blown antagonism early in the story to tolerance and finally affection.

Chihiro not having a love goddess subconsciously influencing her actions also made it a lot easier to accept her as the winner. I personally could not divorce that influence from the other good girls like Ayumi. Even if Ayumi did love Keima, how she got there was not 100% her will. With Chihiro there was no question.

Also, the author made it more obvious Chihiro would win when she went from ugly, to plain, to outright cute by the end of the manga. Animefags likely don't notice but I followed this story from Day 1 and definitely saw it.

I think the idea is that Chihiro had a crush on Keima before the series even started. Later on Keima starts helping Chihiro too so they had some development. Of course the point wasnt really for Chihiro to fall for Keima because she had feelings for him already, it was more for Keima to realise maybe he had some feelings for her too and maybe 2ds arent so bad.

Okay so we can all just agree she didn't really like him for who he was, then? Because he was an unlikable social outcast fuckhole.

She liked him for not giving a fuck about being an outcast

No, she never cared for his NEET/autistic habits. Real girls would be jealous if your hobby is seducing other girls, real or fake.

She tolerated them because she ended up liking him for how he stuck with her and tolerated her. She spent tons of time making shallow confessions and getting rejected, which though she understood them to be shallow, still hurt. Keima was the one guy who showed an interest in her and made an effort to be with her, the complete opposite of everyone else.

Like I said earlier though, it's less powerful in the anime because her character design was cute from the start. Of course you would try to get close to such a cute girl, and being turned down seems inexplicit.

But in the early manga and around her arc she was plain/ugly drawn. So it was easier to hone in on the obvious change in her opinion toward Keima.

Didnt Keima meet Chihiros childhood version? My memory is fuzzy on it but it think they had some dealings in the last arc too.

Haqua a best girl.

Hah wow so she's really just a thirsty bitch. God damn.

I didn't watch or read this and I though that Elsie is main heroine.

I mean you're not entirely wrong there

She got her own happy ending she always wanted.

this

He's cocksure, smart, and projects an "I don't give a fuck attitude." Keima has the alpha thing down. The only people that it's a farce are girls who get close enough to him that he clams up and shows his inexperience.

Chihiro likely fell for the bad boy act. Plus chicks dig it when seemingly unobtainable men demonstrate a little kindness towards them.

I can't believe you faggots still haven't realised she is his mistress

So she became his imouto, that's cute.

She was the only real foil to Keima. All the other girls were great, but he only saw them as work.

It's such a shame the series ended the way it did. Chihiro should have won, but there was a lot that was obviously cut from the story due to the author's overly long flashback arc.

I see that tears are still flowing.
And they are still delicious.

This is basically correct based on what is revealed very late in the manga. She basically has feelings for him all along. For part of the series she really doesn't accept it and hides it by trying to date other guys (and failing, possibly on purpose) and for the remainder she has to come to terms with her feelings because Keima's actions force her to.

Keima was great.

Because she was the best fit.

SO. CUTE.

It still bugs me how she casually erased her relationship with Haqua.

She always was impulsive and not very bright.