So what do modern kids these days watch while growing up? Stuff like SAO and SnK? Back then we have DBZ, Big 3...

So what do modern kids these days watch while growing up? Stuff like SAO and SnK? Back then we have DBZ, Big 3, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailormoon, FMA, Kenshin etc. It's also unlikely that they'll find and download old stuff and will just just watch whatever hot and the newest. Must be suck being kids of this generation.

it's more likely (readily available) than ever

>90s kids
>anime experience limited to a handful of terrible dubs that you can only watch when they happen to come on TV

>10s kids
>can watch thousands of anime on demand with high speed internet in resolutions that didn't exist in the 90s

Sucks to be a '10s kid

>easy and free access to basically the entire catalog of anime in the original language

Even if Crunchy Roll was the only available resource it would still be a million times better than having to plan your schedule around network broadcasts of dubbed anime.

>limited to a handful of terrible dubs

Something tells me you were born long after VHS tapes.

Just today I saw some kids playing Xenoverse 2 at the store

No, they didn't know a fuck about DBZ

I wasn't, but I grew up in the countryside so I never really went to rental stores because they were too far away.

My little brother (and his friends apparently) watch Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z Kai whenever it premiers on Toonami late at night.

the dubs on YTV were all ok because it was not funimation

I member

Do kids even watch anime? There's no prime time anime for kids to gate way into right?

>Do kids even watch TV?

You do realize Toonami is every Saturday night, yes?

Toonami is the fucking midnight block, man.

Kids find anime by looking at memes.

That's at night. it ain't prime time entertainment.

>Back then we have... Big 3
If you had Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece growing up as a kid, you are young as shit.

Kids don't watch anime anymore. They watch cartoons like adventure time and Steven universe or whatever the fuck else is airing on cartoon network nowadays.

No, but older kids can and do stay up for it.

Tenchi, dbz, outlaw star, digimon, these shows seem normal to me but all the kids watched them back then since we were new to anime.

Seeing all these flash cartoons like steven universe and SAO getting dubbed and being the hot new shows, I think I finally understand how my folks felt when I watched anime as a kid.

My nephews like Ben 10.

The closest they've come to anime is Youkai Watch and the Miyazaki movies.

Toonami isn't aimed at kids. It's aimed at older millennials who grew up with it when it was an afternoon block and are already nostalgic for their childhoods in their 20s and early 30s because that's what we've come to.

>they didn't know a fuck about DBZ
I find that hard to believe given Nickalodeon had aired DBZ Kai to the end of Cell Saga (since that's the only part that's dubbed right now) and DBGT right after just a few years ago and DBZ Kai is now airing on Toonami.

Heck last year as I was on my way to college on the streets I heard some middle school kids if Broly was stronger than Goku Super Saiyan God.

*talking about if Broly was stronger than Goku Super Saiyan God.

But yeah, kids are still exposed to old stuff whether it be remasters or re-airings.

Also IIRC Disney did have Doraemon and Yokai Watch still airing in the early mornings when kids would wake up before going to school and at primetime 5PM on weekdays.

Kids aren't as retarded as you'd think. They look shit up online and try finding ways to watch things they've heard were good.

>nostalgic for their childhoods
>only air stuff to promote last / current season anime unless it's a long runner like DB, Naruto or One Piece and the latest Gundam
Eh I can see the appeal of the format for the long runners and Gundam but the rest of the stuff is just Modern edge/grimdark shows like Akame, Deadman, Parasyte, SAO and Shingeki with occasional different genres like OPM, Space Dandy and Gurren Lagann.

2017 looks to be changing that up with bringing back FLCL and Samurai Jack though.

Now THAT is nostalgia pandering.

all censored, altered or edited for you

Nice try.

>mfw nephew was just born recently
I wonder what kinda shows he'll be exposed to while growing up.

Also, what will be the new popular thing 10 or so years down the pipe?

Current trend is Isekai, and before that was survival of humanity (occasionally with magic schools).

>I think I finally understand how my folks felt when I watched anime as a kid.
I now feel bad for making my parents watch the premier of the Naruto dub with me just so I could show them Naruto doing the sexy jutsu.

if its on netflix pepole will love it.

Wasn't Kabaneri funded by Netflix?

Off topic, but really looking forward to more shows like that.

Was a fun Summer blockbuster.

While it's true that anime quality is decreasing you have to account for now days access to content.

After watching the RK trilogy in theatres I was captivated by the awesome fights and I was like "SHIT I need more" then transtitioned in reading the Rurouni Kenshin manga I was like "Yo dude this guy is 28 years old? WTF" and then watched the anime with this kakarot voiced faggot for a MC which brings us to a point that

The 90's Rurouni Kenshin sucked and the movies were better.

I made my dad take me to a live show of Juspion because that shit was very popular in my country in the late 80s. He still makes fun of me for it.

Nice QUALITY shows you used to have