I've been wondering, are there any anime/manga where the power of friendship failed to save the day?

I've been wondering, are there any anime/manga where the power of friendship failed to save the day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Utpd1FfDIEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Count of Monte Cristo?

DRRR, shit gets fucked up because of powers of friendship

Didn't help Guts much 'till it was shoved down his throat.

endless eight

That's an edge-case, isn't it. The power of friendship helped Griffith to do his thing.

Literally the raison d'etre of Madoka Magica until Rebellion came along and ruined it all

Tokyo Ghoul, the first one.

Gon san

Orc Obliterator

Stop watching shonenshit.

In konosuba the day was saved by the power of bullying.

Some One Piece arcs.

NaruTaru

I'm still mad i spent a few hours of my life watching that garbage adaptation years after the fact

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Kaiji

Care to explain further

I can remember the original Fafner. Everyone died in it but I don't remember how it ends.

The corrupt faggots that imprisoned the Count weren't even friends at the end.
The Count befriended Albert, so he allowed him and his mom to get free.

Kongou Banchou.

First, Power of Friendship failed, then Power of Humanity failed, and so, all the MC had left was to go full hulk.

KKK ;_;

Devilman.

Saki does this regularly, Around 90% of the cast uses the power of friendship and still get wrecked.

Attack on Titan

HxH

that one korean thing where the author and artist had a falling out so it never got continued had a bit where a guy said he had to do it for his family or something and the mc btfo him

Tried watching the show. Got 5 episodes in, and I had to force myself to keep going. Heard really good things about it. Do I just have shit taste, or does it get better?

it's a reference from GitS and the The Catcher in the Rye, also the Laughing Man

yes

Well I dunno how much friendship had to do with it, but even working together in a 5 on 1, Yoh and friends couldn't beat Hao at the end of Shaman King.

Though then the ghosts of everyone show up and his mom slaps some sense into him. So i guess power of love saved the day?

Power of friendship didn't even come into GiTS though.

91 Days

Veritas

It's a smiley face

nice recommendation thread, faggots

What is this from?

The Gob Master

what anime is this i recognize it but cant remember

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Durarara is fucking FUCKING slow.
some people will not like it, is more like niche shit.

Pic related. It was always the heart of the cards.

Haha, yeah it was funny seeing the antagonist pull out the "I'm strong because I have something to protect!" speech. I can't really call anyone a villain in Veritas because all the characters are self-serving fighters or just assholes.

Beard Cutter

>is more like niche shit.

Are you kidding Durarara is normalfag as hell its far from niche.

>A fucking smiley
Was it a Kanji in the original? Because that's the only way I can forgive this.

I bet you think your chinese tattoo is cool too

My life

No. They did change the look of the face in Duel Monsters, though.
There is nothing wrong with the smiley face though the entire moment is RUINED without Death-T.

fucking loved veritas, it was the superior fight manwha, breaker was fucking dull in comparison (part 2 at least)

a shame we'll never see the end of either

Ogre Obliterator

But ultimately it's the power of friendship/AI YO that ruins everything.

And by ruin I mean save, Homora did nothing wrong

Boku wa Orc ni naritai.

That's Re:Goblin_dicks user.

I think every shounen I've ever read has at least one arc where this happens. It's easy drama. Then again, I try not to read much shounen, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

>durarara
>niche
what the fuck are you talking about

Kaiji

There is a CMC anime?

How did you not know? It was pretty popular actually.

Sounds like it'd be shit.

He wasnt friends with anyone in the book from what I could remember. Just that one girl he was engaged too.

It's more like an alternate take on it. I think having the whole story through the eyes of a side character made it much more interesting than most adaptations.

It's literally Count of Montecristo BUT IN SPACE

It looks pretty trippy and is actually a neat watch. Worth at the very least a try.

Shaman King.

This.
>Running from female titan.
>"I'm gonna transform!"
>"Eren, don't! Believe in us!"
>Chooses to believe in them.
>They all fucking die.

>He wasnt friends with anyone in the book from what I could remember.
They were acquaintances. The villains were more close between themselves than they were to Edmond.

>Sounds like it'd be shit.
Sup Forums likes to call it pretentious (like Tatami Galaxy/Mushishi pretentious). It's actually a very good adaptation if you're not a sperglord and can get past a few things (the space setting, the animation, the changes to the characters and the ending).

GOB SLAAAAAYYYEEEEEER
youtube.com/watch?v=Utpd1FfDIEQ

>their first combat after training
>several squads are completely wiped

friendship doesnt really help when you fight 15 meters tall autists

It kind of does though. Not all the time, it's more portrayed as a mixed bag I guess.

Hunter x Hunter

It happens sometimes, but only if it's the antagonists using the power of friendship.

We're any of them really friends? Ones a brainwashed puppet, ones an honest yet naive pure soul, and ones an arrogant dominating succubas. I beleive they fed off of each other in a way though

Was just about to say this but I haven't finished the series so I can't really make a call on wether or not anything worked out for anybody

Bobobo

>doesn't know about Go Nagai
You need to be 18 or older to post here, young one.

Does this count?