Reddit wants to go public

Reddit wants to go public with an expected market cap of $1.8 Billion.

I think Donald Trump should buy Reddit if it goes public. What does everyone think of Donald Trump literally owning Reddit?

If I were Trump, I would buy it just to destroy that liberal cess pitt.

Holy fucking shit, that would be amazing. Everybody rich stay the fuck away from reddit if it goes public, Sup Forums should raise an army of troll investors to take control of it in the shadows

It would be totally Le Based! Right my kekistani brother? Real based hoppean snake civi nationalist hours roflmaoXXXDDDDD

Imagine the return he could make on advertisements alone, T_D supposedly has at least 6,000,000 subscribers, many of them employed conservatives with spending power. Eventually the cucks would mostly leave and he'd own a direct marketing tool to 10,000,000-20,000,000 mostly employed and saving conservatives. Sports teams and car companies would start buying ad space.

Reddit will go the route of Twitter. It will go public, censor free speech, become manipulated by bots, and diminish.

I would just Jared Kushner the money and let him buy enough FB ads to insure 2018 and 2020.

Then when there's a critical mass of us as a fraction of the float, liquidate the entire reddit senior management team, replace all the moderators, and we can have free speech on a larger portion of the internet again

Would destroy itself. Any and all goodness would leave, and it would become an over regulated echo chamber of the left, like twitter and jewtube.

Hope it happens, fuck reddit.

Obviously I say this as a gross exaggeration, there's probably nothing wrong with most of the moderators except for all of the politically related subreddits. Wall Street is extremely proficient at finessing people out the door when big money is at stake. Or even relatively small money for that matter, $1.8 billion is chump change.

He's a businessman. Why would he make such a terrible purchase?

lots of untapped ad revenue.
right leadership to correct the reddit it could help their image

if their going public it means they are probably loosing their asses financially.

I really think that the echo chamber effect is only due to the way the upvote / post sorting / threading system works, and the need for moderation. In a system like this, someone has to be "right" in order to arbitrate, and reddit has decided that politically speaking the left is right for basically legacy reasons. The internet used to be very leftist because the nerds that used to use it were all anarchocommunolibertarians, but when the normies and women moved in, the Democratic/SJW faction naturally decided to try to colonize the entire environment and space for conversation. Like most attempts at colonialism in the 21st century, it's not working

>Like most attempts at colonialism in the 21st century, it's not working

You might want to tell that to the Chinese I don't think they got the memo

I don't like to think about China because they are as big and complicated as Russia and they scare me. Their internet seems to be pretty successful too. China notwithstanding, Democratic internet colonialism in the anglo world is in bad shape

The problem is their grip on media and internet discourse has led to real world consequences which may not be solved as easily as the destruction of leftist hegemony online.

This has already happened. Noticed that city subreddits are going way down in new posts over the last few years. Its userbase is all delocalized one-issue shills and bots.

This reminds me of the Snap Inc IPO.
It's phpBB with 'like' buttons.
How can we fuck them? I'm not sure if you guys realize how much the CNN maymay war devalued CNN for the TW/ATT merger.
Maybe start a ton of private boards, and fill it with 'elsa (gate) fans' content. Make all the boards public on the day of the IPO.

I completely agree. I say a lot of authoritarian right wing things online, but China is a legit communist authoritarian country, and I just prefer not to think about how anything I say reads in Chinese or what China could do with this sort of technology on their side of their firewall

How can reddit go IPO when it is a subsidiary of Condé Nast?

Buying reddit is not as profitable as anyone here thinks. Donald trump is a business man after all. Not only would like half of the fucking website would migrate to another gay ass website due to the fact that Reddit is a lib website. In turn the rights would rise up there and become some what of a dollar store Sup Forums and right reddit fags are the worst since they are just a bunch of fucking fetuses. Plus 1.8 bill for reddit is a rip off and Donald trump would basically have to spend like 10% of his company’s savings it would be a shit idea

Serious investor here-- it's how I make my living. Reddit is a totally worthless business model, but the liberal tears would make taking it over worth it. I'm in.

He's president he can't buy it. One of his kids has to.

youre saying reddit isnt like that already?

This. If they’re trying to fundraiser, they know their shit is cooked and are trying to cash out before daddy shuts them down when they inevitably are outed as a Soros/DNC arm

>How can we fuck them?
we don't need to. quarterly earning reports should do it. but then again ... people still don't dump twatter and faceborg

my reaction to trump buying Reddit would be something like this...

one option: conde nast's shares just get watered down for the ipo

Reddit does more harm to liberals than good

plus we have pockets of resistance. He literally did an AMA on T_D (and told IAMA to fuck off)

FB is actually selling ads. The problem is the advertisers think it's a "must" and they are not in it for ROI.
Twitter, everyone was in because of the Saud. Now that he's been arrested, Trump may be the only hype behind the stock.

>reddit

I think it could be worth more than 1.8 billion, but they need to fundamentally rethink the entire upvote system to foster good quality conversation. I feel like there still has to be some sort of blend of Sup Forums style threading and reddit threading that avoids being the worst of all possible worlds

I think the key to an improved reddit might be something along the lines of removing karma entirely, making usernames optional, and creating some kind of automated system to match users for conversation instead of judging everyone by a single pointless numerical score

Who the fuck clicks on internet ads? Definitely not people smart enough to be fairly wealthy

BUY IT AND KILL IT

I don't mean a matching system as a separate add on or a friends list. I'm not sure there should even be friends lists since the worst case scenario is to become Facebook (though maybe as a third party system?). The matching system should be built directly into the thread structure itself, so you should just be able to open up the site anytime and immediately have a set of things to talk about and a set of people who are already talking about them right now. I guess that kind of sounds like IRC, but this is still reddit so all that hierarchical threading stuff would still be there

He should buy 4chinz from gook moot and give it to little Baron instead.

Someone explain to me why in the hell something like Reddit would be worth that much.

Not gonna happen because is a bad investment social networks are not good at making money therefore don't attract heavy investors but I hope reddit get bought for someone redpilled and we'll see how they switch the discourse in one day!

Why do social media companies go public. Only Facebook has made it.

>snapchat - Down 50% since IPO
>Twitter - Down 70% from ATH years ago.

The two biggest normie flop stocks coming soon are Spotify and Reddit. Dont buy

lol Reddit is not worth that much. Maybe 100 million. This stock bubble is going to burst. Fucking jews fucked us over again.

It's not impossible. Communication technology, as opposed to "social media" in general, is a very serious service that's potentially worth a lot of money to the right people, and to society in general if it's done well

For some examples, Sup Forums, reddit, and twitter are communication technologies, whereas facebook, tumblr, and the entire horde of photo sharing nonsense surrounding them are "social media". Social media has limited scope, applicability, and economic and social potential. Communication technologies, if we can finally get them to really scale for the first time ever, have almost unlimited world-transforming potential

I forgot about Youtube. Youtube is also a communication technology, but is not as much of one as Sup Forums, reddit, and twitter because it's more like TV (the comments section are an abortion)

If Reddit is so profitable, why does it beg for daily donation goals on it's front page?

>Reddit
>Going public
>Banning communities it disagrees with

If it does go public, it'll be slapped with plenty of lawsuits

In the case of Snapchat, Twitter and I highly expect Reddit will fall into this category as well, it's a very simple cash drive to extend operation. These comapnies have no concrete way of turning a profit and only idiots would buy in.

Lucky for these social media companies, there's plenty of idiots around.

It isn't. It's a horrible site with horrible management and a horrible community, but it's big, and it COULD be profitable if it were run much, much better

>Eventually the cucks would mostly leave
The problem is, where do you think they'll go? That's right, they'll all migrate here, or other boards which would be even more worse than the_cuckholds, at least they have somewhat conservative views and stay in their containment general.

The mass flood would ruin an already shitty Sup Forums

It's only worth something if you can get someone to pay for it.

What is Reddit going to sell to advertisers?
Typing things on chat boards is hardly a revolutionary communication technology. In fact, I find Reddit's layout to be garbage. It's like trying to follow an email chain that gets forwarded and replied to multiple people and gets disordered.

If it gets /ptg/ to pack up and leave then by all means.

I have no idea about advertising, I think it's a miracle that advertising even scales like it does and I don't know how they do it. I've used adblock all my life, lately I've turned it off as a kind of community service, but I never go to ad heavy sites anyway.

I wish micropayments had taken off instead of ads desu. I miss the days of DOS games and shareware

>takes adblock off
KYS cuck

I have a theory about micropayments in games - I never played any games with microtransactions because they seemed inherently retarded, but then I realized that I'd only ever seen games like this as an adult. If I'd had them as a kid when I still didn't have any money of my own to spend, strategically spending a few dollars would feel like a real accomplishment and a way to learn personal finance stuff. I'll never have that experience, but I have fond dystopian dreams of a microtransaction based internet with a free shareware ad-supported version for the kids who still need an allowance

I'm rich and the commies got to me psychologically