Sup Forums here

Sup Forums here

what was JoJo like before the anime? because this anime has created a toxic cesspool that has gone too fucking far with the shit memes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FRXzUdOuYXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Exactly the same as it was before the anime only most of the sperging retards were japanese, so you didn't see them.

Still kind of annoying. Jojofags really have always tried putting their shit in everything, that I can confirm. But since the community was so small, it never amounted to much.

can't be worse than this thread

Endless Duwang memes.

People bitching petshop was broken in the home versions of the Capcom game. People unironically enjoying the abridged series.

Jojo has always been filled with memes. Za warudo, Duwang, It Just Works, etc.

P.S. nice dubs

Yep. Before it wasn't as bad. But now you have retards going out in public and posing. These autists are no different from people who used to do the naruto run.

People used to recognise Steel Ball Run was the only good thing about Jojo, and eagerly awaited JoJolion, which proved to be just as good. Unfortunately Sup Forumsposters ruined everything with their shit taste, and now you can unironically praise shit like Stone Ocean, Diamond is Unbreakable and even fucking Battle Tendency.

Fuck you. Part 2 is the best JoJo.

Eat a dick retard.

Before the anime JoJo fans used to be this small and incredibly smug subset of shounenshitters that thought they were better than the normies because their series had wacky poses.

It's still like that, except it's now the majority of people, so they don't even have an excuse anymore.

Joseph, Stroheim, and Whammu were the only decent characters in the whole part. The plot is okay at best, the fights are mostly resolved through pure bs, and Kars is defeated by a deus ex machina.

>Fuck you. Part 2 is the most ebin maymay JoJo.

That would be part 3.

it was a niche that only the most elitist and reclusive of weebs knew about

This.

Part 3 used to be like that 10 years ago, but as of now, I think many people are willing to be more critical of its shortcomings. Part 2, on the other hand, has had a massive surge in popularity that it has never had in its entire existence because of the anime.

2 was the only part I really enjoyed. I dropped the whole thing completely after getting through about two thirds of the way through 4

This.
Now people are even more obnoxious about it.

I mean, can you blame them? Minuscule hurtbox, fast as fuck camp game, priority and disjoints everywhere, broken super that made sure you had to approach and that comboes into itself, a bury move that you have to guess where he will appear, air mobility out of the ass.He had everything, maybe one of the best characters in a fighting game period.

Really says a lot about the JoJo fandom that they were memeing about Stardust Crusaders for 20 years, then figured out it was no good when the new anime got to it.

Just take a look at the fist two minutes of this video and try to prove me wrong, i forgot to mention a bunch of shit that is shown between those
youtube.com/watch?v=FRXzUdOuYXE

I think that that's more video game people that only started caring about the plot when the anime hit.
IIRC manga fans were always fairly critical of Part 3.

Was respectable and a decent fandom. Now it's full of weebs, fujoshis, tumblrcrap, etc

Anime was a mistake

My, what a beautiful duwang!

>implying fujoshis weren't there before

Used to be good
Didn't have constant general threads running on Sup Forums 90% of the time
Anime was a pleasant surprise that was very satisfying, especially from cour 1 into cour 2, then sometime around the end of Part 2's episodes the threads got more frequent, fujo posting got increased, memes became more rampant and overused, and after part 3 aired it went into overdrive with IS THIS AN ENEMY STAND MUDA MUDA MUDA and even more gay posting and shit, now with Toonami we're reaching fucking critical mass and it's honestly turned me off of watching the new anime until it's done

Well...on small numbers

>Was respectable and a decent fandom
Bullshit. Its been like this for six years.

I hate how everyone thinks everything is a fucking Jojo reference.

>Sup Forums here
Opinion discarded. I hope the Jojo memes haunt you till the day you die.

It had some cancer but threads only popped when it was relevant news or a new chapter of Jojolion dropped so overall it was rather comfy

Now it got huge and while I'm happy more people are watching Jojo, the constant generals are now a cesspool. Talk about mixed blessing

>People used to recognise Steel Ball Run was the only good thing about Jojo
Retard.

What exactly is so bad about Part 2? I never go to the jojo threads and frankly don't really post much about shows I watch but it's pretty fucking fun and enjoyable

I'll take generals over numerous threads. Lesser of two evils.

I just hope none of you fags are the type who liked it but hate it now that its blowing up. Popularity makes anything obnoxious and keep in mind JoJo's always been a meme machine.

Plus, this is only the beginning. The real threat are all the retards that will spill over from the toonami threads over at Sup Forums.

Personally the ideal would be the general going on Friday + one extra thread when Jojolion comes out.

I definitively don't hate Jojo, all these years and Jojolion is still that one I eagerly await every month. I'm also enjoying the anime very much, but it's no longer cool do discuss on Sup Forums since it's all retards posting memes

>Lesser of two evils.
It's not. Random threads die off and interesting threads stay up being fresh. Generals cause retards to shitpost because they cannot handle their happy place to not be up perpetually.

The anime fixed its pacing and a lot of the art. Part 2 is probably the best of the adaptations, but the manga is not great in comparison to later arcs. Also, Sup Forums is full of sol fags who just want to masturbate to the first half of part 4 all day.

your next line is you were expecting duwang but it was me rero rero rero

to be continued

The same problems existed, just on a smaller scale. I'm assuming you're talking primarily about the west though because JoJo has always been insanely huge in Japan.

It used to be there were a handful of obnoxious JoJofags amongst the people who read/enjoyed the series but nowadays it feels like the obnoxious ones are the majority. Hard to say if that's simply because they're the loudest and most visible though.

It's still really fun but
>underused main characters
>heavy asspulls left and right
>generally pales in comparison to most other parts

Oh, and the weirdest thing is people putting Araki on a pedestal. Like, I get it. He's a weird guy and he does a good job of translating those idiosyncrasies to the page. But until recently I've never heard anyone defend him as a legitimately skilled writer. He's creative and a huge influence but he's also inconsistent as fuck in his writing and he's has always been the kind to favor style over substance. And that's fine for who he is because he makes it work but his skill amd nuance has always been lacking.

Sup Forums was smaller way back when so people either didn't care about Jojo beyond ZA WARUDO or saw it fondly as this quirky manga with vampires, steamrollers and crazy shit written and drawn by an immortal.

When the anime came out a lot of people got into Jojo but because of its reputation as something inoffensive that most people have no real issue with people thought this gave them the right to scream about it and be obnoxious to lord knows no end about it.

And now here we are

>heavy asspulls left and right

Well if you watched Part 1 then I guess Part 2 is a tad more asspully but certainly not off par for the course of the series

>When the anime came out

every time

never wish for an anime

Yeah, asspulls never stopped being a thing in JoJo. They happen pretty often because Araki isn't always good at setting things up.

Doesn't anyone even remember the OVAs? That's how I discovered JoJo, only to find out it was shit.

I specifically remember that pre-anime threads constantly talked about Araki's inconsistencies and fuck-ups. The general consensus is that while the manga is great, the only part with a truly well-written story is Part 7´. Did that change?

Ultimately I think the anime is a nice trade-off. It made Jojo's popularity blow up in the west so with a little luck, we'll have more jojo merchandise appearing in the west (who knows, one day we might even get english manga volumes for the whole series). I can handle not being able to have a good discussion about it on Sup Forums for that

>before: overtly homosexual themes
>after: suggestive homosexual themes
Unironic faggots were a mistake.

Never wish for your [insert favorite thing here] to become popular and mainstream. Settle for a middle sized for quality fanbase where proper discussion is plentiful and the creators are dedicated to it's work. All popularity brings about is cancerous people and the creators selling out and diluting their work to appeal to new broader audience.

even before the anime, part 2 was my favourite part. Joseph was openly admitting he was bullshitting his way through the adventure and when he completely ran out of options in the final fight, he shamelessly took credit of a lucky break just to piss off the villain. It was a refreshing mc.

No that didn't change. When he doesn't forget or drop shit he can write compelling and interesting characters in wacky situations with their own wacky powers and with multiple ways of dealing with it.

Stone Ocean for example is full of random bullshit but also has a lot of fun, cool, bitter sweet, heartfelt and qwerky moments. The whole survivor fight isn't even remotely the best fight in the part but is fucking awesome from start to finish, and that's in probably (outside of 2) the poorest written part when it comes to a sprawling narrative. It has one of the best jojos, some great side characters and a fantastic villain, but it's still overall a poorly written mess.

> letting a shows fanbase ruin the show for you

weak

Fuck you and everyone who thinks like this.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to talk with about my favorite animu with a shitty fanbase when the fanbase it's full of tumblrinas, redditors, normalfags and all other types of cancers. The quality of the work in itself? Of course it doesn't affect it, but good fucking luck finding someone to talk about the work when in a situation like this.

> He doesn't have friends who watch anime to talk to

you're not helping your case buddy.

check every ''death battle'' video

its pretty much Jotaro winning every fight, even fucking Kenshiro with the ORA ORA meme

>Sup Forums
>friends

>Sup Forums here

You have to go back.

Sports are for losers.

Jonathan deserved better.

he got best girl and had the best powers, not to mention the respect of dio and the opportunity to piss him of by having him to rely on his body

Not to mention that unlike every other Jojo who is a fucking criminal/delinquent is actually a good guy.

Hamon > Stands

>No girls allowed
Stay assmad they make over half the human population.

>girls
>human

only western countries actually think that

You hate your own forced meme? What kind of crisis are you going through there?

Poo in the loo.

It was the same on a smaller scale.

Even though i have no friends i have friends.

You should do the same.

Something having an inconsistent story doesn't mean it's not well written. Character interactions and development also contribute to quality, which Araki is superb at.

go back to watching your moecuck anime faggot.
jjba is for manly guys.
kyoanifaggot.

>Battle Tendency.
>shit

nice baitu dess

>Six years
More like 30 years

>There's more people to talk to
>Therefore there's less people to talk to
What?

this series is a mindless cancer

>Watching Death Battle at all
And really, that's just powerlevel. It's like arguing wether Goku would beat Superman since he became a God and all

>But until recently I've never heard anyone defend him as a legitimately skilled writer.
As someone who has been in this fanbase before the anime happened let me tell you that what happened instead was the opposite.

Until the anime happened, within the small circles within the fanbase, we accepted JoJo's inconsistencies for what they were, explained them whenever we could (a lot of times they really aren't that hard to explain) and we looked past them to appreciate how Araki is great in terms of developing characters and creating interesting scenarios.

It wasn't until recently with the new influx of fans that suddenly everyone started reading the manga and calling JoJo terrible from a writing perspective for honestly really stupid reasons (why couldn't Yukako do more in Part 4 ? why was Joseph nerfed in Part 3 ? This series is shit because it doesn't do what I want it to do).

>style over substance
Style is substance, especially for JoJo.

Name a better manga

Naruto

Was this niche thing. Always had elitists because of how generally weird and unappealing it was, and greatly enjoyed the golden meme years with the MUDA MUDA ZA WARUDO thing, back when people thought Sup Forums could hack vans to explode.

Now because of meme culture, weird and unappealing actually makes people want to get into it. People finally caught on to the massive memery going on with the fanbase thanks in no small part to retards spreading it out, and want a piece of it. Because today being quirky is being cool, what used to be a niche series has unironically become a gateway for normies into anime.

And as we all know, normies destroy all anime they touch by obsessing and tiring everyone out of it.

>itt: faggots not knowing what makes jojo good
One of the reasons is the fights.

Some manga have creative fighting
Some manga have creative abilities

JoJo has creative fighting using creative abilities. I've yet to see something with battles as creative as the ones in jojo. It's not shounenshit.

>why couldn't yukako do more in part 4?
All she cares about is Kochi
>why was joseph nerfed in part 3
Actually stated to be his age. No vampires = no Hamon needed

>JOJO
>SUGGESTIVE.

YEAH

The reason JoJo is loved is because it is entertaining.

It reminds me of a Quentin Tarantino movie in the way that it emphasizes style and action, but will give you a tacky/cheesy plot and oddball characters. It is by no means trying to be a piece of art. It is trying to be a piece of entertainment.

It's trying to be amusing. It's not trying to be thought provoking. You have to be able to get past that to understand why people love it.

I just got into it and I'm currently on Stardust Crusaders. I watch 5-6 episodes a day. It's a lot of fun. but....
it's a kinda a turn your brain off show desu.

Its character writing is legit though.

That's one of the most broken fighting game characters I've ever seen.

Jojo is good but I've always made a point to stay the fuck away from other fans even before the anime began.

This endless torrent of fanshit only serves to convince me I made the correct choice. I still can't believe people actually keep forcing fucking Duwang into relevance when it should be long dead and forgotten.

I feel like some of the character writing is legit. Some isn't.

Honestly Johnathan was a pretty one dimensional character. He almost acts as a Heroic Ancestor/Legend when he's mentioned in later arcs. He's like superman. Predictable in his behavior all around good-guy. Vanilla as can be.

Jotaro reminds me of just a kung-fu film hard ass character. Just straight up tough, stern, and almost serious at all times. He though I love his design is pretty one dimensional.

Joseph is the most interesting character. Large part of it being due to his trickster nature. He could keep the audience guessing and entertain them with his style of humor. He could also be serious and pretty badass when he needed to be.

I honestly think they should have kept Sugita as the voice actor in Stardust Crusaders. It would be a lot more entertaining.

This is the case up to a point, but much like Sorachi, Araki gradually becomes a better writer as it goes on. It's hard to look at the majority of Part 5, Part 7, and Part 8 and still act like it's a "turn your brain off" kind of series.

I'm an anime-only for now.
I've only started Stardust Crusaders, which I'm enjoying less than Battle-Tendency.

It's honestly the lack of Sugita. Being a Gintama fan made Battle Tendency amazing to watch.

Are you retarded or pretending to be? There's more people but 99% of those more people will be completely retarded fuckmunchs so finding someone to have quality discussion with will be harder as opposed to before when there was less people, and as such less idiots, to wade through. Just because there's "more" doesn't mean the "more" is as good or better than the amount that was before.

LOL

And you're not retarded because?

The first half of Stardust is honestly the lowest point of Jojo until the first "half" of Part 6. It starts to get better around the time of episode 25-35. The anime also didn't do it any favors because it stretches out a lot of the arcs into two parters when they honestly don't have to be. Keep going with it. I can't promise you it will ever be like Part 2 again, because it won't, but each part is pretty different from one another and the series gets its own unique charm as you go past Part 2.

Endure your way up to Egypt. It kinda sucks, but skipping is a cardinal sin, plus Egypt gets some of the best and dankest fights, miles better than any BT fight (Except maybe the Wham fight, but only the worst in Egypt are worse than that anyway)
Everything

>skipping is a cardinal sin

To retarded memers

▲▲