Lupin the Thread

We're getting a lot of Lupin shit.

>Discotek releasing collection 1 of Lupin III part II on DVD in December which is up for pre-order now
>collection 2-4 will be released in 2017
>Return the treasure DVD will be released the same time as the 1 Red Jacket collection (by discotek of course)
>Discotek is also releasing In memory of Walther P-38 on a Blu Ray + DVD combopack in 2017
>Discotek just announced they will be releasing Lupin III Part IV on DVD and Blu Ray in 2017
>It will have subs and the long awaited English dub which will feature the voices of the classic adult swim dub with the exception of Zenigata
Trailer here
twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/793303621815328768?p=v
>lets not forget the theatrical Goemon film that will be a sequel to the Fujiko Mine series and Jigen's Gravestone which will be released in theaters in February

Who's getting everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception_of_English_/r/_and_/l/_by_Japanese_speakers
twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/419975129234284544
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cover of the Red Jacket Set 1

Fuck off shilling retard you literally posted the same shill thread yesterday you stupid fucking idiot, read the rules and fuck off to re:ddit

sage

Goemon film poster

Stop shitposting. It's a Lupin thread so I'm kindly telling everyone about all the Lupin related things that are coming out.

Also please have sex and stop acting like a spastic child.

>Also please have sex and stop acting like a spastic child.
You don't belong on this website, let alone on this board.
Go back to re:ddit, tumblr, twitter, facebook, 9fag or gaia

Anyway. With jigen's Gravestone getting a western release as well as a dub, the Goemon film will most likely get a Blu Ray release with a possible dub as well.

Although it took about a year for jigen's gravestone to be released so it may be the same thing with Goemon.

It is pretty late. Guess everyone sleeping

More like Pupin the TURD am I right?

That would be funny except pupin doesn't make sense since Lupin's name is pronounced as "Lu-pan" and not "loopin" like many casuals tend to say.

I say Loopin because I'm not a Davido-kun tier sperg.

You say loopin because you're too retarded to say a name properly.

Unless you are pronouncing Michael the way the fucking Hebrews did, this applies to you as well.

No it doesn't there is 1 way to pronounce Lupin. You're not gonna take the name John and pronounce it as "jone". There's 1 basic way and it's not even complicated.

Rupan?

If you're a jap who can't pronounce L's then sure.

>Discotek releasing collection 1 of Lupin III part II on DVD in December which is up for pre-order now

Where is it up for preorder? I don't see it on amazon

You think if red and blue jacket sells well we might get a pink jacket release? Maybe even a dub since they've been putting in a lot of effort to give Lupin new dubs lately? Although I'll never love anyone more than Yasuo, I wouldn't mind seeing the cast of blue jacket do pink as well.. Then again they didnt even try to finish red jacket when they got the license for that.

It was on amazon last I checked but stay away from that shit. They wanted like $65 for it and that doesn't include shipping. Get it on rightstuf for $46 and that includes shipping... Though it may be a lil different if you aren't in the USA. Don't know how that works.

>40 episodes
>sub and dub
>discotek trailer (which I recommend you seeing. Really amazing and in the style of old Adult Swim bumpers)
>commentary tracks
>classic adult swim bumpers
>only around $45
Not even sure if that's all of the features.

What's strange is I've seen Japs in shows pronounce Rs as Ls perfectly. So it's not like they can't say Ls, they just seem to mix up the English sounds of L and R.

Maybe it's the Japanese translated name. Not entirely sure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception_of_English_/r/_and_/l/_by_Japanese_speakers

>that trailer

FUCK it's so good to hear all their voices again. Although I'm not sold on Zenigata, I'll have to see how he pans out.

good lord

get a trip so I can filter you

those dub voices

crunge

I'm excited for the goemon film. I really enjoyed his focus episodes in the mine series so I hope it has the same vibe

Tbh I felt like they were kind of putting it on a little in the trailer, but that's common. I'm sure they're gonna be great. Zenigata sounds a little too much like a voice rather than someone actually talking, but I do hear some hints of how Zenigata sounded in the other dubs. I'm sure he'll sound fine when he's going back and forth with the other characters. As long as Monica rial doesn't play Rebecca, the dub will be superb.

It's odd how Goemon gets 2 films but Jigen gets only 2 ova's which are a only 50 minutes long total, and Zenigata gets no films.. Even Fujiko got an entire series. We need more movies based on the other characters. Goemon is great but he's such a bland no nonsense character.

>Then again they didnt even try to finish red jacket when they got the license for that.

If I recall correctly, they didn't complete the series not because they didn't want to but because Geneon went through major restructuring right when they were still in the middle of dubbing the series.

They even completed recording more than the 79 episodes, at least going by what Richard Epcar has said.

I meant when discotek got the license, they didnt try to finish the series which is why I also said pink jacket may not get a dub if they ever decide to release it. I know about why they couldn't finish the series originally.
>Tfw we may never see a good dub version of episodes 145 and 155

I agree, I actually didn't know there was a second film. I'll check it out.

On another note, im reminded about that scene in fujiko's series where she has sex with zenigata. I remember at the time I was like wut this is out of character.

>Bumps his own thread with 3 extra posts
>replies to himself
>Acts as if he's "contributing something" so he can feel good about himself

Tripfags gonna do Tripcode Faggotry

I'm not too bothered by it since the most important thing, IMO, is that second series is getting better subtitles than the ones already up on CR and Hulu.

I do hope that "any English dubs that already exist" means that they have access to the material that was completed but never released though.

It was information that I had forgot to mention. I would let it die if I didn't think no one was interested. Don't over think things that aren't true.

>I do hope that "any English dubs that already exist" means that they have access to the material that was completed but never released though.

Wow I never even thought of that. How many episodes did they finish that was never shown?

Although I do remember them saying the 2nd red jacket set would be the break off point where the next 2 would be sub only with the exception of the Miyazaki episodes... Though we could ask and see what the case is.

>You are at all capable of thought in the first place

Whatever you have to tell yourself, captain. You could have posted it without a trip in the first place if you felt that way.

You also took the trip off like a coward soe people wouldn't tell you were samefagging the shit out of your thread at first glance.

Truly pathetic.

I never took off trips. It just disappeared after I refreshed the page a few times I guess. To be honest, I just noticed I didn't have it a few minutes ago. I should also mention I am on mobile which might be a factor to why it disappeared but I honestly don't know. I never not made it obvious of which is me not did I once deny I wasn't the same person.

What do I know. I'm just "pathetic" for whatever dumb reason that deeply offends you.

Nor did i*

>How many episodes did they finish that was never shown?

I'm not entirely sure about the number of episodes that were completed. Although, I think Lex Lang said that he completed about 100 episodes.

There's also these tweets:
twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/419975129234284544

Geez that's 20 more than what was shown if that's an accurate amount. Where do they even keep this material since geneon got shut down. Hope this is known to the guys who are releasing the sets. Would love to have all the unreleased dub episodes

The ADR for the Pioneer/Geneon dub was done at phuuz entertainment, which is still around but under the name of Unbound Creative, Inc. Presumably, if the material even still exists, that's where it's being kept.

Interestingly enough, if you look at their wikipedia page, it lists 104 episodes for Lupin III Part II. It isn't sourced though.

I'll ask around. See if I can get some info. If its true. There's no reason to not add those episodes or dub audio versions I means.

Superior thief here

Amateur compared to Lupin.

Who's doing the new lupin dubs then? I know discotek is distributing it, but who's actually doing it?

I think the existence of more episodes beyond the 79 released on DVD is pretty much proven even if the exact number is kinda fuzzy. But where they are or if they still exist is just speculation.

Dubbed by Richard Epcar's company but picked up for distribution by Discotek, I believe.

Wasnt there a company called madhouse that worked on it? Or maybe it was jigen's gravestone that they worked on

The company that produced the dub for Jigen's Gravestone was Bang Zoom Entertainment.

Madhouse is an animation studio. Although, you might be thinking of Madman Entertainment, which has handled Lupin releases in Australia in the past.

crossover never (i remember the gag to end of conan vs lupin movie).

It wouldn't be that good anyway unless they would be willing to make Kaitou Kid look like shit which they'd never do.

There probably wouldn't be any conflict between Lupin and Kaitou Kid to begin with. Since "VS" movies rarely ever deliver on that aspect.

Has anyone else ever checked something out because it was referenced in Lupin or because some Lupin staff was involved in it?

Although cyborg 009 vs devilman did good with the "vs" title even though they were friends by the end... Good OVA's by the way. Just a shame there isn't a physical release in the west at the moment. God damn Netflix.

What of Lupin is worth watching? I loved Castle of Cagliostro, but I've also seen a fair bit of the original series and didn't care for it. Haven't watched anything else.

If you don't like the 1st series then you shouldn't bother. You might like some of the other movies like fuma conspiracy, mystery of mamo, Jigen's gravestone, and in memory of Walter P38.

You'd probably also like Fuma Conspiracy and the most recent Lupin series.

How long is Daisuke's Jigen's gravestone? It's only like 45 minutes right?