This was the best arc in HxH

This was the best arc in HxH.

Try to refute me

Explain what's good about it.

shizuku

If that's your reasoning, then the CA arc should actually be your favorite.

correct, chimera ant arc dragged on too much

Is HxH as good as Yu Yu Hakusho? I tried to watch it but the first episode was really boring. And I didn't see any hint of shonen jump style fighting. When does it start getting good?

HxH seems to be very popular on Sup Forums. I wonder why it never aired on Toonami. I'm assuming it has something to do with how slow the series starts? Yu Yu Hakusho, by contrast, was interesting from the very 1st episode.

Good to see some taste still exists on Sup Forums

I think I understand now, OP.

I was born to experience this moment.

Impossible refute you.

its good, up until the chimera ant arc which is like 70 episodes of fucking nothing
yyh is much better

not many anime actually make me feel tension when watching
for some reason this arc did and it is now one of my absolute favorites

It takes a really long time to hit it's stride. It takes until half way into the second arc before it really takes the form it has through the rest of the series.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Yu Yu Hakusho's good, but HxH is far better. It's Togashi's magnum opus. He took everything he learned during his work with Yu Yu Hakusho and applied it to Hunter x Hunter, and since Yu Yu Haksuho printed money they let him do whatever he wanted.

nigga it's on toonami right now

It's my second favorite for sure, but I still like CA a bit more.

It's way better than Yu Yu Hakusho.

HXH has a better story while YYH has a better cast and fights.

Will I get anything out of watching/reading YYH when I've read all of HxH or will just read like a weaker, stripped down HxH

It's still enjoyable. Togashi did a lot of call backs to YYH that you'll probably pick up on, but at their core they're two very different series. The dynamic between the characters, the setting, the premise, the plot structure, etc. is all different. imo, if it weren't for the callbacks, most people probably wouldn't be able to tell that HxH and YYH were written by the same guy if they weren't told.

>Above average directing, better than HxH, both versions.
>Pretty good fights, that are more even than the squash fights of HXH.
>Classic shonen shit like delinquents.
>If you watch the english dub, excellent bantz and shit talking.

Yep.

Better MC focus
Best antagonists
Good tension (When Gon&Killua went to stalk spiders for e.g)
Great fights
Never felt like it dragged
Best setting that actually felt part of the world.

It doesn't have any climaxes as impactful as Gon San, Meruem vs Netero or Meruem's death and lacks any significant thematic depth.

It's god tier and pretty much flawless but the highlights in CA arc set it apart.

>It doesn't have any climaxes as impactful as Gon San

That lost impact as soon as Alluka bullshitted eveything, can never reread that shit without sighing

>as soon as Alluka bullshitted eveything
Which happened in a later arc.

Heavens arena could have been a GOAT arc if it didn't just have Gon and Killua plowing everyone and with Hisoka being the only competent fighter

favorite side character?
I really like Morel and Shaiapouf
Machi is another favorite

I like Morel. Biscuit, Knuckle, and Gotoh I like(d) as well. I was also impressed how Togashi actually managed to make me like Shoot.

Togashi clearly should have just rushed ended this manga when gon met his dad. He should have known he ain't got the strength to write another huge arc, i genuinely believe berserk will finish instead of this.

Why would Berserk ending before this even be a point of question? We've been able to see that Berserk's been winding down towards its end for a while now. HxH isn't even the kind of story where you can see an end in sight.

Dragged on? To me it seemed like there was a new revelation every episode. A new plot twist. Another unexpected death.

Chimera Ant arc was the best part of any anime I've ever seen. And I've seen over 13 animes

As a Yu Yu Hakusho fan I must tell you that HxH is so so so SO much better than YYH.

SOOOOO much better. I recommend starting at the Chimera Ant Arc which is like episode 78. That's how I was introduced to the series. Nothing that came before matters you can watch it later.

You're trying too hard user.

No way.

Togashi's an enigma. Most creators burn out as they age, like with Miura, Kishimoto, Oda, or Toriyama, but Togashi shows no sign of really slowing down. The current arc with the Princes is shaping up to be a similar feel and quality to York Shin, which was written ages ago back when he was relatively young, and the art has actually become far better than what we were used to.

fite me then

The recent return (351 and onwards) had unpolished art though. I hope he fixes it for the volume release

I can't.

I disagree my fair user , the final segment of the chimera ant arc was a very entertaining watch and very shocking experience the villains like Nerfipitou and the overall over looming power of Meruem had me on my seat to see of how he would be defeated. But more importantly why was he defeated? and what was the symbolism yoshiro tagashi wanted to reference with Meruem and the atomic bomb, So for me it basically comes down to worldly politics as the king says "I'm the new ruler of the world and i will remove the deficiency's that exist in our world i was once a being who thought that all of your race for what they have done deserve to perish but i have come to see that there are some exceptions to the rule. Netero saying you will not quarantine my people under any circumstances and because and i quote "you know nothing of the human potential to do malice".

what sort of tone do you think the dark continent arc is going to have? like chimera ant had qualities of war, horror and typical fight stuff, and greed island was part training segment, part sports story, part card collecting thing, etc.

where do you think the arc is headed tonally and genre-wise?

it's going to be an even darker deconstruction of the seinen genre, even more so than the Chimera Ant Arc by Madhouse.

Survival horror with hisoka confirmed

>tripcode
Both of you should leave.

I'm a little rusty on Dark Continent's plot. Why is that guy saying that Kurapika wants to explore the DC? Did Kurapika lie to him?

Nope, just niggastream at it again.

HxH only has 2 good arcs and the other one is drawn out and with way too much narration. Who the fuck remembers "show not tell" anyway.

How the hell can someone fuck up that bad?

>the "show not tell" meme
There's only so much you can reasonably show user. No way in hell something like the mechanics behind Godspeed was going to be just shown. The narration is there also to simulate the sense of time dilation in the manga. Everything is happening in an incredibly short amount of time, and the nature of manga requires that you use such techniques for the reader to actually feel that.

All of Hunter x Hunter's arcs are good. It's just that Chimera Ant and York Shin are amongst best shonen arcs out there.