I know it's a manga page but does anyone still remember this anime...

I know it's a manga page but does anyone still remember this anime? I finally finished it after putting it off for literal years.

I'm actually losing sleep over the ending, it's just so goddamn sad. How can you have such funny likable characters and have them die in this gut wrenching way? Fuck man it hurts, Rosette and Chrono were so cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNJr0FnzFe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are just sleeping user. ;_;

Don't think too many people have watched it at this point, CC is like 13 years old now. I really love the series though, the characters have a special place in my heart.

Man, I guess you're right. Figure I'll just go watch some stupid happy stuff until I feel better.

>mangareader

Whoops I didn't even see that, just got it off google. How the fuck did you notice that?

I've had the OPED on my playlist for almost a decade, so I pretty much still remember this show.

Read the manga if you haven't though, it's one hell of a ride.

Is TV ending anime original? Can't remember for shit. Watched it like 10 years ago

Because he's an autistic dipshit full of bitterness desperately searching for any reason to lash out and make himself feel slightly better about his miserable life.

Yeah the anime changes pretty drastically after the carnival. The actual ending is different too, Rosette lives to be about 24 in the manga I think, but she dies at 16 on the porch with Chrono in the anime.

Anime made me cry
Manga just- I can't even ;_;

fuck you user

I only read the manga but this destroyed my when I read it for the first time.

I heard apparently the villain survives in the anime? What the hell is up with that?

Also Azmaria, Rosette's brother and Satella and her sister got better ends.

I think they make him out to be Lucifer, and basically evil needs to exist for providence to hold authority. They were also pushing the point that good people can struggle and live noble lives, but that ultimately they are powerless. Their sacrifices might fend off disaster but it will come again and require more sacrifices when it occurs. Pretty depressing desu

I thought Az got a similar ending in both, aka living her life as part of the clergy with most of her friends gone? Joshua and Satella definitely had it better though, I mean jesus she even died in the anime.

I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this anime, where the tone changes so abruptly. School Days maybe, except there the characters weren't actually sympathetic. I really loved the main cast in this anime so the ending hit me pretty hard too.

I thought it was implied Az and Joshua got together. That grandson in the last chapter had to come from somewhere. So she got to have a family and live a full life, at least.

Hmm that makes sense, I probably missed the smaller details because I was so depressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNJr0FnzFe8

way back when with this song it was sadder.

Man. This was the first ED I tuned in after each episode.

Because fuck GONZO.

GONZO are shitheads at adaptations but they knew that OP/ED helped selling a show.

I just remember the sad ending in the anime, but not much else. It's been too long.

Can any other anime compete in sadness?
Clannad? Grave of the fireflies?

It's not so much as she died, but more of the fact that even though she was dying she still wanted to live more and even in the manga she begged. And honestly that's the most human thing about the series.

We get a lot of series where MC die with a smile on their face. So CC was something like a breath of fresh air for me

Only Berserk 2016 made me feel as sad.

kek