no character development
fanservice over fanservice, no substance
mikumo as the most nonsensical char of all time

delta is worthless and macross is dead
sage and hidden

No fire bomber/Jenius birthday party.

It's Macross

Ara ara Ami Koshimizu

Girlish Number is the story of Macross Delta's production.

Bogue didn't win the Freyja bowl.

not enough concerts

no lesbians

windies are the problem they never should've focus on them

Pointless.

shitting all over the legacy of Macross

Another anime ruined by idolshit.

Sponsors forcing another 13 episodes out of it

Too many characters, screentime was split too thin between them.

Not enough Kaname.

Nothing, Macross is garbage.

Here's something that made me think.
>Maki-na
>Rei-na

>Ha-ya-te
>Fre-ya

>Mi-kumo
>Mi-rage
What do you think?

All they needed was a smart writer.

>What went wrong?

Everything in the second half

THAT needs a huge revision

I'm 15 episodes in, haven't had a chance to finish it.

Does it really just go to shit within that last ten episodes or so? Is that really possible?

GIRI GIRI AAAAAAAAI
IKENAI BOODALAAAAAAAIN

Who was lady M?

Why is the new un spacy logo so shit?

Why was Arad so useless?

Why was Kaname so useless?

Why was the second half so shit?

I stopped around the same time as you then watched after it ended. I say it's not complete shit, it has some really good info about the protoculture and I liked the characters, but it's a fucking chore to watch. There's an entire episode telling what happened in the Macross universe so far. They should have sticked to the movie instead, I don't know why they changed plans.

>Who was lady M?
My wife Kaname

>Why was Arad so useless?
He's useless, I agree.

>Why was Kaname so useless?
She's not. Kaname is the loveliest.

>Why was the second half so shit?
Because Messer died.

>who was lady M
Dude, they explicitly said that when they listened to the warp, they heard Minmei and then suddenly lady M showed up.

>Who was lady M?
Baba Michi.

Messer fucking ate it because jobbing.

Dropped shortly after that. What a damn shame to the entire series.

Imagine Macross Delta in which Messer and Mirage are one character, windies actually say something other than "muh wind", Mikumo is not an autistic newborn with buggy programming and there are no dedicated infodump episodes that can put elephants to sleep. Yeah

does Sup Forums hate this? i actually liked it eventhough its not on par with the previous macross.

I remember the insane hype here after the first episode, but then probably most people dropped it. There were still maxed threads until the end, so I guess it had a fanbase at least.
Personally I found the music in Delta the best from all Macross series. Even if the execution was a letdown.

It stopped being fun after the first half apparently.
I stopped watching it after that 10/10 episode (it was like episode 12 or 13) and wanted to wait and finish the rest in one go.

You stopped before one of the best episodes in the show (episode 16). It goes all downhill from there.

I'm glad best girl won, but even doesn't justify or mitigate the shitfest the second cour was.

They fell for the idol unit meme

That hoina face.
I like how it's not simply QUALITY as fuck but the artstyle is complete shit as well.

Walkure. Makina and Reina were cardboard cutouts, Mikumo was a one dimensional plot device for most of the series, Kaname was okay and Freyja was great, but overall Walkure was a waste of screentime. If you're gonna make the Delta pilots irrelevant and non existent to give screentime to the idols, at least make the idols good.

needed more character development and background, especially Hayate and Mirage.

instead we got a whole fuckin powerpoint presentation episode thanks Berger you middle-eastern fuck.

That. And delta squad was a one man show with Hayate. Messer's death was a waste of his good character, chuck was a non factor and a waste of energy being drawn. Arad calls one formation/order and ghosts soon after. Mirage, who was shown in the opening to actually to be a compliment to Hayate, added nothing but being a point in the triangle.

>What went wrong?

no kissu

They reserved that for Freya's deathbed.

None of the characters felt like real people, just idolshit cardboard cut outs with cliche archtypes.

But all these changes may eat up Freyja's popularity, Kawamori don't wanna see someone may become more popular than Freyja you know.

Too bad Freyja won in a worst Macross show, what a waste, she deserve better story.

how much time does she even have?

I say at least twenty years without any gene therapy.
But they really should let pureblooded zentraedi giants rape all the winder females so they get a mix that can live a lot longer while keeping their physical abilities.

I wish Mirage had a character, her design is so good but she barely did anything.

As you said she was there to make it a love triangle because macross and nothing more.

Some people still being buttmad in this thread.

and then they had to go and rub salt into the wound with this. i wanted some background on the pilots

im still upset

May'n stopped getting good anime tie-ups and instead is only given flops like M3, Aquarion Logos, and Taboo Tattoo.

So Heinz is pretty much doomed to die in just a few years because he's exhausted his rune powers from singing.

The royal family line has to continue some way or another, so this means he has to take a Windermerean woman as his wife and do /ss/ with her as soon as he can.

Is this his revenge for everyone hating on Mikono?

I love Walkure.

gay

it fell off a cliff in the 2nd cour

>a_pile_of_shit.png

best girl not only lost, but didn't get any damned prominence in the show, despite supposedly being a main character

Freyja best girl

delet

Messer was the only thing keeping the piloting side of the series relevant. When he died, ALL of their development died too and we ended up with Mikumo and Freyja's Musical Adventures guest starring Kaname and Hayate.

i had hopes for Mirage but it was squandered, too

Messer died.

this

The show never really sold me on MC being scouted as a pilot, and there was no early struggle or mystery that grabbed me. Maybe since the pilot and singer joined so early and easily, there was not much anticipation on how their stories were go.

>Messer and Mirage are one character
Also:
Makina and Reina are one character
Cassim and Herman are one character
Arad and Chuck are one character
Bogue and both twins are zero characters

>draw generic girl
>add elf ears
>omg her design is so good!!!
What a joke. Character designer literally copied one of her previous minor characters. One of the most uninspiring a bland character designs in 2016.

Even uniform is fucking the same.

>draw generic girl

what does a generic girl look like? is there a particular hairstyle and all that?

Whatever, I liked it.

It's another people that never watched a show try to dissect it on Sup Forums and are really obvious about it thread

I actually can't wait to finish this eventually and see which parts Sup Forums repeated over and over were actually true and which part are just /m/'s typical shenanigans.

>is there a particular hairstyle and all that?
No. But generic girl has nothing special, unique or memorable in her design.

they could've salvaged her with some development but nope, Freyja & Friends needed more screentime

If by friends you meant Freyja again

>I'm thinking Mirage will win, if only because it would be pretty depressing if her main contribution to the plot was "that girl who lost the triangle"

Hahahahahahahaha

it'd also be pretty depressing if a girl with only a handful of years left lost

Post favorite Delta song line
>KISS KISS WEW LAD
This gets me every time.

>BAH DE YAH
>DANCIN' IN SEPTEMBER

AXIA

fuck yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=B3nfweteZck