The beta uprising is here

Take a look at this screenshot of the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit, this post by an EA spokesman has 20 more downvotes than any other downvote in reddit history. TWENTY TIMES. And read the post carefully, it was written with the intent to diffuse and confuse, they saw right through it and joined in a chorus of anger. Gamers continue to show they will inherit the earth, leading the way in populism and just general nerd rage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2QuJy99yDSc
reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i dont care

Nah. We'll have the same complaint the next few years because some faggot didn't adhere to the don't preorder shit spiel

Is this a joke? Who gives a fuck. How much are you being paid to shit up this board?

> still falling for the vidya jew and his microtransaction
Why should we care?

>giving money to EA

>critical thinking skills aren't transferable to other contexts
you've successfully inoculated your audience against bullshit arguments
congratulations
you guys are fucked in 2018

Oh this is

This has the potential to be like GamerGate, except it redpills them on the triviality of the electric Jew and how society is turning into a worthless consumerist landscape devoid of any true meaning.

they didnt really do anything but lower the price a bit people who pay for this kind of thing are cucks really

They're learning. I've been a gamer for many decades and these people have an acute bullshit detector. Many betas will give up on EA, I mean this is Star Wars, millions of Star Wars nerds have nothing to live for but their fantasies, maybe they will finally become more redpilled.

wOw! Sooper political and even more interedasting.
>mods pls

What does it say? On mobile and it's too tiny

> heroes

don't tell me this is another DotA clone... i think we've had enough of those

How is this politics related? Take it to Sup Forums

> hey 4 chan readit here

Kys

youtube.com/watch?v=2QuJy99yDSc

-574,000 downvotes, 20 times than any other post in reddit history. 56x gilded. Da gamers are mad, forming a real political block.

Thanks senpaialam

In order to make this Sup Forums related, the actions of the major Gaming companies with respect to their microtransaction and lootbox systems is not illegal under Federal Law.

It is however, illegal under interpretations of State Law, particularily the more draconian States.

Take the State of Virginia.

>Code Section 18.2-325 et seq.; 59.1-364 et seq.

>Gambling Defined~ Making, placing or receiving any bet or wager of money or other thing of value, dependent upon the result of any game, contest, or event the outcome of which is uncertain or a matter of chance.

>11-14. Gaming contracts void. ~ Except as otherwise provided in this section, all wagers, conveyances, assurances, and all contracts and securities whereof the whole or any part of the consideration is money or other valuable thing won, laid, or bet, at any game, horse race, sport or pastime, and all contracts to repay any money knowingly lent at the time and place of such game, race, sport or pastime, to any person for the purpose of so gaming, betting, or wagering, or to repay any money so lent to any person who shall, at such time and place, so pay, bet or wager, shall be utterly void.

>§ 18.2-325. Definitions.~ "Illegal gambling" means the making, placing or receipt of any bet or wager in the Commonwealth of money or other thing of value, made in exchange for a chance to win a prize, stake or other consideration or thing of value, dependent upon the result of any game, contest or any other event the outcome of which is uncertain or a matter of chance, whether such game, contest or event occurs or is to occur inside or outside the limits of the Commonwealth.

Gemergate already fucking happened. People either woke up or they didn't.

Only the Japanese and Eastern Europeans should be getting your money now.

>reddit
neck yourself

The most redpilled vidya is either free or really cheap because it's old. New video games are cancer.

>starshit
I want star wars shit to end and battlefield to return to bf3 and before battlefield. No we wuzzes in ww1 with crap guns. Stop giving a crap about this new crap and play the older games repopulating servers. There, problem solved now stop bitching.

>mfw Trump breaks up the EA monopoly on Madden

This falls way outside of gambling. You're paying for a service. Read the TOS.

After what Blizzard did to Diablo I gave up on AAA games. Haven't paid for one since that fucking travesty happened.

Stop giving EA money, they will go bankrupt and hopefully a less shit entertainment company can get the rights.

>reddit
Oh my fucking GOD, who the fuck cares? Also, pic related.

betas never learn

madden is for niggers. no offense.

Every dev wants to be the next DOTA/LoL/CSGO. They all did boxes so why can't they.

Can't wait for all the PUBG wannabes to show up over the years, even though there's already a shitload of them.

Just say no to ASSFAGGOTS

Normally I'm all for hating any game developer, assuming the worst, assuming they're incompetent faggots who would be better off being raped by a pack of feral niggers while their families are force fed to them.

However, the recent crying about Battlefront 2, which stems from some heroes having to be 'earned' in game, and the battlepacks, is really fucking stupid.

how can we use this to redpill redditors? This is what we should be asking right now

>he hasn't played nba 2k online
man you have no idea

I downvoted them too user XD

MODS MOVE THIS TO

>the biggest outrage for western manchildren is having to pay a couple extra dollars to unlock things for a stupid game they dont even have to buy

Is there anything more embarrassing than gamers?

nuclear holocaust when? I honestly cant even wrap my head around how people can be this pathetic

We need you to understand this is serious shit 4 chan

Mmm. They fucked up, this could be the shift in P2W games. Backlash like this can't be mended easily. Especially not with a 75% reduction in cost, and then a 75% reduction in campaign rewards.

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

It's a sign of good times desu. If that's what people spend energy complaining about then shit isn't that bad.

Things work in cycles user. Hard times will come.

Virginia law specifically voids such terms of service under its gambling contracts clause.

Even better, it provides legal remedy in civil court for people who do not get what they want out of the loot boxes to sue. Since the TOS is void under State law, EA is reachable in Virginia civil court for not dropping its legendary Darth Vader out of the box.

>§ 11-16. Bill by loser; repayment discharges winner from punishment.

>Such loser may file a bill in equity against such winner, who shall answer the same, and upon discovery and repayment of the money or property so won, or its value, such winner shall be discharged from any forfeiture or punishment which he may have incurred for winning the same.

That's actually pretty impressive. all people need to do is stick to their guns and they will realize no amount of asspain will hold them down. Someday somebody is going to organize a reddit Holocaust and break the site for good. There are more people banned for wrong opinions than users of the site and those people will have revenge.

this really just indicates how prevalent Reddit boots have become

desperate escapism is not a sign of good times

What this clause means that if you pay 5 bucks and play EA's game of chance to get the legendary darth vader skin (an item of value, as you need to pay dollars, a federal reserve currency, for it) and don't get it, you can demand under Virginia law that EA give you the skin anyway. If they refuse, then they become criminally liable for failing to discharge their obligation under 11-16.

>§ 18.2-326. Penalty for illegal gambling.

>Except as otherwise provided in this article, any person who illegally gambles or engages in interstate gambling as defined in § 18.2-325 shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. If an association or pool of persons illegally gamble, each person therein shall be guilty of illegal gambling.

that desperate escapism is starting to crack, that's the thing. The gamers are not passive and sleepy anymore, compared to other hobby groups, they are way ahead of the curve.

>playing videogames in 2017

>they dont even have to buy
obviously you are not a devout star wars fan.

And what this clause in Virginia's laws means, is that if EA does not give you the Darth Vader clause, the entire Battlefront team is criminally liable within the state for running an illegal gambling pool.

And that means the State Attorney General can not just criminally prosecute, he can also use the power of civil forefeiture on EA as well as demand immediate cessation of EA as a criminal enterprise of its business in the State.

Capitalism

>There are more people banned for wrong opinions than users of the site and those people will have revenge

How exactly? Are they going to shoot up Reddit HQ in San Francisco?

This is the real problem. Burn it down!

Often people don't understand the law, I'd like to see one person contact EA with your strategy, publicize it and then see what the changes to the industry are. Lawyers have changed many other industries with the threat of lawsuits.

>the biggest outrage for western manchildren is having to pay a couple extra dollars to unlock things for a stupid game they dont even have to buy

Checked for nukes. But the game is full priced, $60

This. If you want to complain about societal degeneracy, then stop getting so attached to fucking video games.

Any Virginia user who has rolled the dice with real money for some legandary skins in Battlefront should seriously do this. The court filing fee is like 50 bucks tops. Cite a violation of Section 11, Gambling. Declare the TOS of Battlefront void under 11-14, and in the prayer for relief submit a Bill to Winner under 11-16 for the skins you want.

If EA ignores it you win by default and they have to give you the skins. Lord knows the 50 dollar court filing fee would be less then what you would actually have to pay to get the shit. If they DO try and fight that shit, find a sympathetic lawyer and go balls deep, and accuse them violating Section 18 (criminal code).

>losing all perspective and autistically screeching about a child's hobby makes you ahead of the curve

makes u think

>Dice/EA
>Swedish devs who forced niggers and women into a WW1 game even tho the community told them "Its not historically accurate
>EA's "Premium system" bullshit when most other FPS are dropping free maps, weapons and other stuff constantly that don't even cost real money.
>Every game they release is broken and needs 18 months of patches to fix.
>Their games all have dying player bases from day 1, where R6 Siege and CSGO have ever growing player base.

Il never give them money again after Battlefield1. The Swedes can get fucked.

This is a propaganda stunt to make to make reddit seem like it's not completely controlled
Same people have a lot of stock in both ea and reddit.

the thing is the only people who will complain are adults that play videogames and spend their own money.

Kids who use their parents money cause the CC is already on the xbox won't give a fuck

>Take a look at this screenshot of the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit

how about fucking no

>56 reddit golds given

>574k negative votes
>56 cucks still give gold to jew developer

Supreme bugmen

>Finally update dust2
>Don't fix the issues of faggots camping mid from TSpawn

Why should we care about your leddit adventures faggot?

How can we use this to redpill the troves of angry young white males who haven't fell too far into nusoycuckbug territory?

This is all one big marketing ploy you get played.

this is the real issue

videogames are for losers and cuck wars is pg sjw shit. Why should i care.

This. Sage this shit and move on. This place isn't fucking reddit lite for you to post your bugman rightous indignation faggot OP.

Disturbingly enough, being betrayed by their "progressive" idols that they worship, having their entertainment poisoned by ideological liberalism, and criticizing the shittier and shittier games coming out each year is good for developing critical thinking skills, which are applicable to every part of life. It's good for them.

It's even better that super-liberal progressive panderers are constantly betraying and belittling them. Preaching about acceptance, tolerance, criticizing Capitalism and advocating for social policies on one hand, and then turning around and becoming the worst example of Capitalistic extortion and materialistic practices is so poisonous to the left.

Since when did lootboxes fall under gambling laws?

A few days ago i bought a game on steam. When i started it up, it showed a bethesda logo. I returned it and got my money back lol. Then bought some hunting game called call of the wild.

Friendly reminder that buying games from SJW companies is like knowingly and willingly financing your own mortal enemy. Don't do it user.

>literally posting a fucking reddit screenshot as the op
You have to go back

Since Virginia defined what gambling is under its own laws.

>§ 18.2-325. Definitions.

>1. "Illegal gambling" means the making, placing or receipt of any bet or wager in the Commonwealth of money or other thing of value, made in exchange for a chance to win a prize, stake or other consideration or thing of value, dependent upon the result of any game, contest or any other event the outcome of which is uncertain or a matter of chance, whether such game, contest or event occurs or is to occur inside or outside the limits of the Commonwealth.

>For the purposes of this subdivision and notwithstanding any provision in this section to the contrary, the making, placing, or receipt of any bet or wager of money or other thing of value shall include the purchase of a product, Internet access, or other thing, which purchase credits the purchaser with free points or other measurable units that may be (i) risked by the purchaser for an opportunity to win additional points or other measurable units that are redeemable by the purchaser for money or (ii) redeemed by the purchaser for money, and but for the free points or other measurable units, with regard to clauses (i) and (ii), the purchase of the product, Internet access, or other thing (a) would be of insufficient value in and of itself to justify the purchase or (b) is merely incidental to the chance to win money.

>3. "Gambling device" includes: Any device, machine, paraphernalia, equipment, or other thing, including books, records and other papers, which are actually used in an illegal gambling operation or activity

>buying EA games

>being an adult who plays videogames

Fucking 'games as a service' trash shitting up my hobby. People complain but still buy in so it's not going anywhere. Goddamit.

>EA reduces cost of heroes by 75%
>subsequently reduces the amount of credits you get overall by probably the same

They're not going to change how they make money for their customers. They KNOW people are so fucking stupid as to pay money for this shit.

I know people who play WoW and have spent $3,000+ on character changes, server transfers, etc.

Thousand
Dollars

When I point out how fucking ludicrous that is they just say "how happy they are to support their favorite game."

How fucked.

reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

>Select all images with
cars

But it sounds retarded to apply this law to lootboxes. If you understand it that way, an autist could force the Pokemon card company to give him a Turtok if he doesn't get it from a card pack.

Several million angry thristy betas were just banned from "incel". Enjoy the shit storm Plebbit. You earned it.

Wadu hek?!

Yep, it does. But the point is that it has never been tried before. No autist has ever gone down to their county courthouse and filed suit under Section 11, along with a Bill of Loser. The Way virginia's gambling laws are written, trading card packs would absolutely be covered under them.

Remember though, as in any crime, the victim is usually the one who has to have the presence of mind to file the legal petition for redress. And in the case of trading cards, you could just buy the ones you wanted directly like a normal DLC Microtransaction. Where EA and the rest enter into legal jeopardy is to lock entire items behind the gambling mechanic, where the only way you could conceivably get them is by "winning" at a game of chance.

Gamers are the most pathetic people alive

As if EA gives a fuck you stupid cunts

They make hundreds of millions. You think they really give a fuck about a Reddit comment and angry faggot redditors?

I've browsed this site since like 07 on and off, and if anything it taught me that gamers are just fucking maggot-like

I don't know a single interesting person who plays video games past 15 years old

get out more.

I guarantee I get out more than you, you larping fucking mong

>Muh white power muh white supremacist

How can you look in the mirror and bare to see a fat virgin zit of a man staring back?

All supporting Trump who is essentially Jewish at this point, it's laughable

You ARE the very peple you hate

How new are you? Backlash against EA happens all the time, IT WAS ELECTED THE WORST COMPANY IN THE USA. Nothing will affect its sales, normies will still preorder and buy DLC, they dont care.

>all this shit
why is pol so edgy lately

After they pulled my games like BF2142, Heroes and other shit EA/DICE can fuck off forever!

yes you do or you wouldn't be on this board sperging out

you're literally trigglypuff

>avatar posting

Read the rules nigger

Every one of those faggots is still going to buy it. Also I'd bet half of the downvotes are bots, at least.

Holy fucking shit. It's at 625,000 downvotes right now. How is that even fucking possible? I've never seen anything even remotely like that before, my God.

Can someone give me a quick bogdown on why they're angry?

This is not really a Sup Forums post. Saged.

So by far the most rebellous redd*tors have been is about unfair pricing in a video game?
Jesus, millenials really are the fucking worst

Some of their neetbux will go into Disney's pockets. More than they thought.

Also they're realizing what they always knew, games these days are designed to continually hoover cash out of your pockets.

say 'no' with your wallet, not with some 'downvote'.