The electoral college is flawed because it doesn't give each state fair representation like it's supposed to...

The electoral college is flawed because it doesn't give each state fair representation like it's supposed to. Candidates pay more attention to swing states, not the smaller states (pic related). What can be done to fix this flaw?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Democracy-Economics-Politics-Perspectives-Democratic/dp/0765808684
congress.gov/resources/display/content/The Federalist Papers#TheFederalistPapers-68
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>democracy
There's the flaw.

Why is democracy a flaw?

it's a form of communism and thus highly immoral

So you're saying that it's a flaw because money corrupts it?

also for:

Maxwell u have to find a better job

USA is a republic

a democratic republic

democracy is mob rule where interest groups rob each other with the help of state violence. further the short length of terms makes politicians highly short term thinking. they will rob the country blind because they have only a few years to do so. no long term thinking involved.

read hoppe's "democracy - the god that failed" to get a good idea about why democracy is a shit system not much better than communism

amazon.com/Democracy-Economics-Politics-Perspectives-Democratic/dp/0765808684

>Candidates pay more attention to swing states
Maybe certain states should learn to play the game and realize that voting lockstep doesn't really pay dividends.

it's not flawed, if states are more independent and have more rights, as designed.

>it doesn't give each state fair representation like it's supposed to.

where did you get the idea that it's supposed to do that?

why else would the electoral college exist? I don't know of a legitimate reason

Maybe a certain *cough* candidate *cough* should have paid more attention to the smaller states.

congress.gov/resources/display/content/The Federalist Papers#TheFederalistPapers-68

Paying more attention to the smaller states isn't of benefit if the state is very likely to vote for a specific party.

you actually expect me to read this shit?

I would hope that every American would read The Federalist at some point to understand why the Constitution is the way it is.

Rule by mob. Tyranny of majority. Etc.