Everyone worries their favorite anime will be forgotten

>everyone worries their favorite anime will be forgotten
>haven't realized that they've forgotten the shows that other people wanted them to remember
Can we just accept that as we get older, every show we like gets forgotten, and just enjoy it regardless of it's legacy?

Mayo Chiki will NEVER be forgotten

Thanks for reminding me I need to read the manga.

As an older timer, I think the one thing stopping me from truly enjoying current anime is the awareness that it will be forgotten just like the stuff I watched in the past. There is just no good end to being a fan of a show.

You should have accepted already that entertainment is just that and most of it is forgotten.
Why does it matter?

I get attached user.

So become the lonely missionary. Travel the wastelands of the post-amnesia world, visit the little villages of ignorant folks and trade them information of the lost ages for a bit of food and march onward, ever onward.

Sure and Ill always keep my absolute favorites around but its better if you are always looking for new things.

>caring if other people remember your favorite show
>not treasuring it daily by yourself
Come on now. You can't be selfish. Although I wish I could forget my favorite show so I could rewatch it for the first time.

So is Marine Boy gay or not?

that and the fact that anime is getting worse and worse due to valuing quantity over quality and pumping out millions of shitty harem shows for profit.

As a Dirty Pair fan I don't have this problem, because everyone likes Dirty Pair.

Anime is 10x better than it was ten years ago m8

We aren't back in the money-flowing-like-waterfalls 80s, but we're on the upswing.

>wanting your favorite show to be remembered so it can get shit on by newfags of the future

who?

The lovely angels.

yes with such classics as Sword art online, attack on titan, K-On, Akame ga Kill, Angel Beats, Highschool DxD, Re:Zero, Guilty Crown, Accel World, erased, One punch man, Ajin, watamote, etc. etc. forever.

K-On! is more close to 10 years ago than it is to now, newfag.

You think the 80s was full of masterpieces?

You only have this problem if you like forgettable mediocrities. If you like true classics you can rest easy knowing they will be fondly remembered decades form now and they will also be appreciated by younger generations.

The only reason I keep remembering it is because of Takeda Hiromitsu's Kaede doujin, which I revisit every few months.

I didn't say there was nothing bad in the 80s. I just said it's getting worse and worse. The ratio of good to bad shows was way better back then. There was way less saturation of generic harem shows, much more focus on quality over quantity. Probably due to OVAs allowing more time to be worked on instead of being rushed out. The fanbase back then also appreciated higher quality works instead of splurging over whatever pandered to them.

>The ratio of good to bad shows was way better back then
I don't believe you. Show me the math.

And you'll also have to deal with neverending shitposting for decades.

Dont even remind me, i still want to lick usami's white thighhigh boots, dem legs mane.

>source: my ass

No, people have problems because fitting in entails wanting what's "good" within a group, and whatever is good is subjective.

Wishful thinking or you are an extremely boring person.

There are like a literal handful of shows every decade that will genuinely persist.
Of the last few years, judging purely by how heavily they were posted about during their run-times, I think KLK and MAYBE (unlikely) Re:Zero will be remembered into the 2020's.

>Of the last few years, judging purely by how heavily they were posted about during their run-times, I think KLK and MAYBE (unlikely) Re:Zero will be remembered into the 2020's.

But that's because you're applying your own temporal perspective on things, especially as someone who enjoyed those shows and was a fan during their broadcast.

If you've been around the net as long as some people even in the late-90s, we all thought insanely popular shows like Love Hina or Nadesico would stand the test of time. That they would still be hits that even newfags today would enjoy.

Now look at those shows. Barely even any oldfags still care about them, let alone some have moved on from watching anime. Newfags usually dislike watching something that looks dated, so barely of them even touch those shows.

>Born in 72'

Worse and Worse... You lost me there. Do you mean that now? as in the 2010s? "Good" or generally well received shows have been back and forth since 1998. (opinion)

(Opinion)
Anime in the 60's and 70's were "decent" to "good." depending on how well you understood japanese. Hell I remember watching Cyborg 009 thinking it was the greatest fucking thing I'd ever seen.

(Opinion)
80's and 90's started to bring out more creativity. I don't think it's necessary for me to list some of the most iconic anime from the early to late 80's and 90's.

YFW your favorite anime is Re:Zero and people will still talk how good it is 20 years from now on.