Madoka

Madoka
>Watch the masterpiece that is Madoka
>Filled with emotion and cannot stop thinking about the events that transpired in the series for months after watching it
>Still think about key moments now
>Watched it twice, last time being 3 months ago
>Still just as excellent as I remember it being. Maybe even more so the second time watching actually.
>Tight, refined plot that knows what it wants to convey
>Absolutely amazing and memorable OST

Re:Zero
>Watch this
>MC is the epitome of an unlikable faggot
>Cringed hard at him sperging out at Emilia while in bed and making a cunt of himself in front of everybody at the royal selection
>Story is all over the place with no rhyme or reason
>No real key moments that stick out to me as truly memorable, something which Madoka has in spades.
Yeah Rem is cute, wew, so are a ton of other characters in the series, but that doesn't save it from being, overall, disappointing.
The MC just kills the entire thing by being a pitiful, irredeemable sack of shit.

OST is forgettable too besides the ending theme.

you're right and that's ok.

Yeah madoka is better. So what? There's better shows out there than both.

madoka's characters are robotic and don't act natural whatsoever

>The MC just kills the entire thing by being a pitiful, irredeemable sack of shit.

We're all pitiful, irredeemable sacks of shit underneath user, it's part of being human.

nice blog, senpai

Red and Blue are down for threesomes, right?

What the fuck does Madoka have to do with Re:Zero?

>No real key moments that stick out to me as truly memorable
I disagree.
There were definitely some great comedy moments.

The amount of love they get, I guess?

madoka's is actually deserved though

Betelguese was such a fucking awesome character to me. His expressions and everything were great. Is there a name for his trope/archetype?

Why are you comparing Madoka and Re:Zero?

Because its time for his daily series of shit post threads. This is like, #3.

No disagreement here. Madoka was an instant favorite for me.

Haven't watched Re:Zero, I've just seen enough people declaring it AOTY, must-watch, and the like.

re:zero seem intresting and fresh in the beginning and then turned into a cliche isekai toward the end.

Have no idea. But yeah, his character was great.

Reminder Betelgeuse is the weakest Archbishop.
If it was any other Archbishop Subaru faced in arc 3 it would be extremely hard, with it being very difficult to beat Wrath and with Greed its outright impossible. Sloth and Greed are some of the more known sins; with Petelgeuse being responsible for most witch cult activities (other Archbishops don't care about Satella, they're only in it for the gospel which leads to their ideal future), Greed is known to outright capture entire Cities.

It's been over half a decade. How come no other show has come close to Madoka in terms of quality since then?

>Watch the masterpiece that is Madoka
Stopped reading there.

By actually being good.

>BA DUM TISH

Discount Caster

My other favorite is Kill la Kill, which is pretty fucking far removed from Madoka.

So maybe that's the problem, too many attempts to imitate it.

>>Watch the masterpiece that is Madoka
>>Filled with emotion and cannot stop thinking about the events that transpired in the series for months after watching it
>>Still think about key moments now

That's cool and all, my man, but please don't become another Madok/a/ ERPing tripfag. We don't need any more of those.

Madoka is so fucking overrated on Sup Forums. The characters were bad, the story was arbitrary and not grounded at all, it's themes are all paint by numbers, and the only reason you fucks still talk about it is because of the magical girl but edgy gimmick.

Re:Zero wasn't good, but madoka wasn't significantly better. At least re:zero didn't take itself seriously.

>saying madoka or re:zero have some form of quality to them

Joker rip offs

Madoka is a magical girl series the same way Evangelion is about fighting robots.

>mm is the nge of magical girls
This is the most embarrassingly pleb-tier meme.

the ending of madoka was memorable the big fight at the end at the beging, really the the same thing the girls death and that was the most significant scene as far as memory is concenerned

Madoka is great but its there are plenty of dull moments

now for re:zero an accurate depiction of a social sprelerg is hardly a bad thing,
you fags complaigning about an 18 year old modern day shinji ikari who is seen as
a great character story but now that this is popular lets forget about that right,
ayy lmao re:zero as far as entartaigment value is conerned beats alot of anime because of its accessibility style and themes.
a show can be a lot of fun and entertaining to watch with value behind it and still be good, re:zero sets up a fairly simple premise and sure it isn't excelllent but it delivers entartaigment maybe with a lack of explanation but shit dude you expect that it will be explained and can be explained its presented as the start of a story and I am not just talking about the light novel I mean like you feel that its the begining of an adventure where more of the world becoems explored and subaru just doesnt get that information

Suffering timeloop you baka.

>Madoka is great
nope

>Madoka
>masterpiece

How is it wrong?

Besides Madoka not having bullshit kabbalistic themes that dont go anywhere?

Madoka has spawn several movie no doubt it has it viewer,.
but i dont seem to see its appeals, its just moeshit thrown into seinen setting,.
Basically im saying its Overrated,.

being disappointed by "Yet another SA:O clone" that's only remarkable trait that sets it apart from every other SA:O clone is a pair of perverted twin maids. That's literally it.

If you have a twin fetish or just really fucking loved Sword Art Online then yea go ahead and watch it.

I hated him when he first came on screen. My general reaction was
> oh look at this character they're so randumb spastic lol ooh he's biting is fingers so edgy

Then within about one minute something about his mannerisms actually ended up winning me over, and I just had fun with his character.

I hated NGE. It was a character study with terribly uninteresting and frustrating characters who essentially go nowhere and do nothing, with a backdrop story of effective nonsense.

I enjoyed Madoka significantly more. It had a decent plot which was unfortunately underwritten, flat characters who were kind of charming, great art direction, some interesting action scenes. It was above average, good, moreso in some ways than others.

All that being said, NGE is far, far more artistically important, impressive, and admirable.

I'll cover the obvious stuff first. While I have a ton of complaints with directorial choices Anno made, he is still a masterful director and NGE truly is a masterpiece when it comes to direction specifically. No thinking person who knows the first thing about direction can watch NGE and not be impressed by Anno's scene construction. In terms of direction NGE is out of Madoka's league, the direction, the composition in NGE is so strong that even if they had released it with all of the dialog removed it would still have been one of the most influential and important pieces of anime direction in history (and I probably would have enjoyed it more).

Artistically speaking, NGE was a journey to the core of Anno's depression, disillusionment, and mental illness. He bared himself, painfully and uncomfortably for the world to see. His signature is writ large across all of NGE, and it's a work that is so intrinsically his own, that so vividly captures his mental state at the time, you could almost call it a self-portrait. It's kaleidoscopic in its complexity, even when you discard the frivolous trappings of ornamentation.

Whatever, I'm out of space.

NGE had vision, grandeur, sincerity, boldness. Madoka had a gimmick.

How to save Madoka threads