Would you close your Facebook account?

would you close your Facebook account?
how will you connect with friends then?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't have one
don't have any

t..take that, mark

RIP

Everybody has a phone. This is a stupid argument. 90% of the people you have on facebook aren't your friends, they're just people you know and you probably wouldn't even talk to them on the phone, so why the fuck would you want them on some gay ass website.

Faggot is on FB. Lol faggot

this

Sup Forums should have a friend option :)

>Everybody has a phone
No? Phones are inherently insecure, nothing but consumerist toys:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseband_processor
>A baseband processor typically uses its own RAM and firmware
>Since the software which runs on baseband processors is usually proprietary, it is impossible to perform an independent code audit. By reverse engineering some of the baseband chips, researchers have found security vulnerabilities that could be used to access and modify data on the phone remotely
fsf.org/blogs/community/replicant-developers-find-and-close-samsung-galaxy-backdoor
>Today's phones come with two separate processors: one is a general-purpose applications processor that runs the main operating system, e.g. Android; the other, known as the modem, baseband, or radio, is in charge of communications with the mobile telephony network. This processor always runs a proprietary operating system, and these systems are known to have backdoors that make it possible to remotely convert the modem into a remote spying device. The spying can involve activating the device's microphone, but it could also use the precise GPS location of the device and access the camera, as well as the user data stored on the phone. Moreover, modems are connected most of the time to the operator's network, making the backdoors nearly always accessible
>we discovered that the proprietary program running on the applications processor in charge of handling the communication protocol with the modem actually implements a backdoor that lets the modem

I already closed it. Most of my "freinds" on facebook were people that I barely talked to. My actual friends all use Whatsapp

I have deactivated mine a few times for months on end.
I keep mine open now but never actually use the website.
If I absolutely have to contact a "Facebook" friend I'll use it and then log back off

>how will you connect with friends then?
The same ways that people used prior the arrival of (anti) social media

facebook is shit

can't close it if it was never there to begin with

I only use discord to game with my lads or whatsapp to tell them to come meet me somewhere. The rest is obsolete

I did. Anyone I care about is in my phone.

I don't have any, I've been in a self-imposed Prison for years, I'm too pussy to even put my face on the internet.

my kikebook is deactivated. I do not connect with friends from it.

how fucking retarded are you whatsapp is owned by zuckerkike and discord data mines you too

delete it for good

>he actually uses Facebook

talking

Recently closed mine, actually feel a lot better because of it. Not sure why.

but how will they know my emotions without emoji's?

>would you close your Facebook account?
Was closed for me
Phone/Steam.
Also I'm basically a loner, and ok with that. You fall out of people's social circles seeing most things are organised on there.
It's not so bad when you have online games to meet your social needs.

What friends ?

Nah. I just keep the same profile pic, and only get on to update my phone number (which is only available to added friends), and to check up on the new numbers of friends if those numbers have changed. I use it MAYBE once every 2 years. As Wire and Signal gain more traction, I imagine I'll use it even less, but I don't really see a reason to get rid of it.

Even if they sold my phone number to advertisers, I wouldn't care, as my default ringer is "Silent," and my default vibration is "off," and then I change the ringer to something and vibration to on for every one of my contacts. Any unknown number doesn't get noticed by me, and if they don't leave a voicemail, or the voice mail is something I didn't ask for (an example of something I might ask for is a dentists appointment calling for confirmation of the appointment), they are immediately blocked on my phone.

I would quit but i have too much invested in poker app.

them fake ones that just add random people to their fakebook so they can have 4,000 friends and feel special

insider info: Kikebook will buy Discord next year (and ruin it just like MS ruined Skype)

no nice things allowed

If you think Discord was ever NOT ruined, you are part of the problem. Signal for people that you are OK knowing your phone number, Wire for big groups of people who you don't want to know you number, and IRC/Sup Forums for strangers.

I think I listed myself on facebook back in 2008 with my email and phone number if anyone needs to reach me. not sure why else I'd want to use it, it's just a phonebook but for faces.

use signal

Sent ;)

>what's WhatsApp
>what's telegram
>what's discord
>what's teamspeak
>what's mumble
>what's skype
>what's wire
>what's IRC
>what's meeting in real life
most of your Facebook friends aren't your real friends anyway.

don't have one
facebook friends? or friends who you just normally call up and talk to?

>>what's meeting in real life
Yeah good question, what the fuck is that

If you're just calling them up, instead of using Signal or Wire, you're doing it wrong.

Tbh I mostly use snapchat for friends. Family yeah but If we really wanna talk we'll get each other's numbers if we don't already know them.

>snapchat
I have to say, this thread has been enlightening about Sup Forums.

I have one, but haven't been there for like 6 months. And no, no VK either. I have whatsapp and skype to talk to people i wanna talk to.

I don't have facebook because I'm not alpha enough to deal with the social devastation of expressing my political views online

>would
Already did. I literally don't miss it AT ALL. SMS texting and phonecalls are plenty good for keeping in touch and arranging meetups. Probably the best part is not being bombarded with every stupid meme that infects my normie friends. They're like those people in trains who cough everywhere spraying out viruses.

You don't have to take le funny selfies to use snapchat you dumb autist.

You DO have to have a complete disregard about privacy, though. Do you still use Yahoo Mail, too?

I would if I had one

I never bothered to close it, but haven't used it in maybe 6 years. FB can do whatever the fuck they want. I don't care.

>would you close your facebook account?
I already did, almost a year ago to the day.
>how will you connect with your friends then?
By phone and in person, just like I did before I joined kikebook.

Anybody who claims that they can't live without Facebook is a weak-willed, blue-pilled faggot.

Same. Aside from updating my phone number every now and again, the last time I used it was probably 2007. It was before the switch to timeline.

Same here. But I think from time to time it would be good and healthy to have friends.

I only have one to keep track of my music scene and conveniently get a hold of people that I don't have their numbers, so it offers convenience in that sense but other than that absolutely pointless.

>trying to make a case for using snapchat
>using le meme
>insult user as dumb autist
>on Sup Forums
>on Sup Forums

Haven't had f*cebook in 5 years
Feels good man

I have a Facebook account under a phony name for trolling purposes

I deleted the app from my phone about a week ago. Don't feel like deleting the account though

>this
but i just ask people directly for their phone number when we get to a point where i might need to get hold of them
plus girls think you are more mysterious if you do not have social media

>would you
I did. Years ago.

>how will you connect with friends then
We have a discord channel and actually talk instead of write retarded posts and click on like buttons.

>Discord
May as well use kikebook. Set up Wire with everyone, and make a group. E2E encrypted text, video, and voice messaging, even in a group.

>encrypted
Yeah we're not planning terrorist attacks there, discord is just fine.

>Privacy is only for terrorists.
And the right to free speech is only for seditionists, the right to bear arms is only for people planning to kill someone, and the right remain silent is only for guilty people, right?

>Implying I need friends
Pretty much the only reason I still have Facebook is because I've got some mobile games connected to it so I'll loose all progress if I close the account. Also it's quite handy to log in with facebook on websites instead of making a new account for every specific site.

>knowing your phone number
nigger, discord requires none of that

what happened to tox?

No, but being overtly conscious of privacy in mundane matters is for autists.

I did this. Thought s out it for 2 yrs. I am a completely different person now. I swear to you, they're brain washing people. Do it. Don't look back. You are in control.

It was already admitted they were manipulating people. When information like that comes to light - hidden in plain sight. They. They always tell you what they're doing in some fashion. That way, you're cooperating with them when they abuse you. Go off all of it and just use this site. Watch what happens.

It's called email or telephone you millennial faggot

Already closed. I don't have many friends and the ones I do have aren't really using social media either.

No. Facebook is absolutely required in 2017.

I only have it cause my wife likes to tag me in things. It's pretty harmless.

Already closed my fagbook account 4 years ago, never looked back once.

I connevt with friends meeting them or calling them, thats it. I dont need to upload pictures of my day to day life in order to brag to stupid people i dont even really know.

>phone call
>messenger app (I have Signal)
>e-mail

I only use the instant messaging service and have exactly 6 people on my friend list.

Can still use messenger without Facebook and other apps to. Faceberg needs to die though.

>Faceberg needs to die though
Reptiles can live a long time user