Code Geass

I just finished Code Geass, I thought it was really good, what did you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/a/page/88995
youtube.com/watch?v=Eqn268e_EVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally the best animu of the history.

Ohgi did NOTHING wrong, and you're probably closeted if you wouldn't have done the same to fuck Viletta

To this day, I honestly don't know if I think Geass is "good" or not. It was a hell of an enjoyable ride, made all the better by watching it with Sup Forums, but I can see lots of bullshit and trashy junk in it too.

I'll put it this way: I really enjoyed Geass.

red head and cc were cute

Oghi should've been shot.

Any shirtless scenes with Lelouch and Suzuku,please share.

Way to many shit arcs, they could have made it three cours instead of four but they threw in a bunch of useless characters and unresolved plot lines.

the ending is good

A literal trainwreck

pretty much sucked.

I remember in episode one that hoser said he was going to take over the world anyway, but the geass would hasten his timeline.

Based on his shitty performance, I would have to rate that claim a lie. not even worth a rewatch, but wasn't so bad I turned it off halfway through.

Code Geass was pretty good at what it wanted to do, which included being very entertaining and having a lot of over-the-top events that aren't really realistic, but obviously there were things that could have been handled better. Still, those who wish the show had been more grounded are missing the whole point. It wasn't made to be subtle, slow or calm.

It's a great rollercoaster and otherwise just okay. The fact that so many anime have so much worse protagonists and endings does tend to skew things in its favor though.

It's a show that may not necessarily be some artistic or cultural masterpiece, it is certainly very entertaining.

It's helped along by having quite a likeable cast and pretty fun combat scenes as well.

If you critically break it down, sure- the show isn't very good. If you look at it through the lens of it being fun to watch and being an overall quite entertaining package, then it succeeds with flying colours

2012 was a good year

yuki.la/a/page/88995

Subjectively a masterpiece. Regardless of how much people meme 'le trainwreck so bad its gud xD' to fit in, the show had a good amount of depth and balanced seriousness with non-seriousness well. Also FukuJun did an amazing job as Lelouch.

Loved it.

same
I don't know why Sup Forums hates this and gurren lagann

Contrarianism.

Trying to prove they're too smart to like fun.

The irony is that most complaints about CG are from posters who sound like they were too dumb to follow the plot.

I don't know how this meme started but CG is not something you turn your brain off to watch.

I know I would be OK if I never had to hear about how "Lelouch is so dumb because he doesn't enslave everyone he sees".

Ohgi became the prime minister of Japan and is fucking a 10/10.

10/10 writing

That was a joke. Literally.

Welcome to R1

>The irony is that most complaints about CG are from posters who sound like they were too dumb to follow the plot.

B-b-b-but muh Suzaku changing factions/opinions every episode!!11!!11! (exactly 1 time in the whole anime)

B-b-but muh Rolo changing to assassin to cute onichan 'cause of pendant!!!11!111!
(never mind that he fucking saved his life)

Bb-bb-but muh totally random and unnecessary Akasha Sword arc!!1!11!
(never mind plot "details" like Lelouch's vision in ep.1, Charles' plan, C.C.'s desire)

Seriously, why is CG so complicated to understand?

Just finished watching both seasons in four days. What do i do with my life now?

Watch one of the other "rollercoaster" shows that may or may not also be trainwrecks.

Lel

Code Geass is another show a lot of fans say is good and turns out to either not be as good as they say it is or just underwhelming. It's pretty much another show that was influenced by Evangelion but nowhere near as good as Eva.

What really bothered me in CG was the way a lot of shit plays out in a manner that is either lazily handled or just bloody ridiculous. Off the top of my head I remember a few characters randomly lose their memories. I think this happens to Vileta, C.C, Shirley, and even Lelouche because why not. Characters are resurrected in a way that screams bull shit like Jeremiah and that other guy that somehow survives a nuke. Quite a few times Suzaku lets shit happen and just kneels on the floor with a traumatized expression on his face. The arc with Mao was overly exaggerated and probably the worst part of R1 but what really pissed me off about the first half was the way Lelouche loses control over his geass and despite C.C knowing something like that could happen, doesn't bother to tell him during the first few episodes. He asks her but she just outright refuses to answer him.

Anyway, I think you can see why I didn't love the show as much as the next guy in line but I still think it was fun to watch. R2 was a mess but the last arc pretty much saves it from being terrible.

Most shows I've seen that were influenced by Eva were either terrible or trash. Other shows including Eureka Seven and Guilty Crown had terrible scripts and poorly written characters. Guilty Crown didn't even know what it was doing the entire time and Eureka Seven has a main character that supposedly develops when he has to according to the story but it doesn't really feel that way when a lot of things happening are either being ignored or never brought up. He's handled artificially.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eqn268e_EVk