Thoughts on the Fate series?

Thoughts on the Fate series?

Overrated.

Trash. All of it. Garbage animation, awful plots and it takes itself too seriously.

Edgy autism.

Masterpiece.

Old men.

Tohsaka's anus

Pretty good. Made me want to be a superhero.

Bringing up Fate on Sup Forums always attracts autistic haters.
Look at those Of course you can be sure those same user will be fawning over some trash seasonal show or worse calling FLCL the best anime ever made.

There's no middle ground when it comes to Fate.

I don't hate Fate, but you should stop getting so defensive over nothing. Spouting ad hominems over a usual thread on Sup Forums really shows how new you are. Sup Forums talks shit about anime, if you can't deal with that go back to facebook

I like it.

>takes itself too seriously.
CP is the best thing in the franchise because of this. It has such a wealth of source material to mock.

Zero is pretty good but the rest is a lot worse.

>I watched Zero first

kys yourself tbqh

I like it a lot and am happy we keep getting new Fate related stuff.

fate/kaleid is best

Kids will say Fate/Zero.
Adults will say F/SN.

imo stay night was unwatchable because of shiro being a sjw. ubw was flashy and the animation was awesome but i was stupid enough to spoil the whole thing with that shit tier movie version. i absolutely loved every moment of fate/zero. can wait for heavens feel.
Regarding the kaleid series. its meeh. cute at first, then it turns into endless fanservice but at least the humor was spot on. oh and ilya

Name something better than fate, oh yeah you are too afraid. Hit and run autists.
You can harp on about how mediocre it is, but anime as a media is mediocre.
Over-hyped and overrated? Absolutely, but still much better than 90% of the anime in circulation.

Shirou, an SJW? I don't think you know what that word means.

I don't get why people hate on it really.

I thought the series is good. Not the best thing ever but damned good.

Overrated pretentious chuuni worldbuilding. The actual plot of the original VN is pretty good (barring the writing of the sex scenes) but F/Z is edgy and pandering towards dumb 13 year olds. The powerlevel bullshit in the fanbase is fucking retarded.

Absolutely love the Anime and slowly but steadily reading the VN.

>unwatchable
how does this word apply to fate? the anime are not true fate

>Over-hyped and overrated
>pretentious
>overrated
Good words

>shiro being a sjw

This has to be the most retarded thing I've read all day.

Not made by KyoAni, why should I care.

KyoAni would be absolutely perfect for a Mahotsukai no Yoru adaptation

Decent. Nothing more, nothing less. But massively overrated, there's much better material around.

This guy gets it

Name a better Japanese multiverse franchise

>implying the Fate franchise is anything but chuuni pretentious garbage

>Garbage animation
B-b-ut muh ufotable

>overrated
what does this mean? is this in English?
>pretentious
what does this mean? is this in English?

Not him but I watched F/SN first and thought it was pretty bad. Zero was nice, although I expected Kirei to actually win rather than winning by 'default'

He means seigi no mikata = Japanese SJW

F/Z is too edgy and F/SN isn't edgy enough. They mix in a frightening manner.

twilight tier trash for animushits

Fun ride. Tsukihime was better, though.

Wherever I go, I always see people hating on a show/series using the words overrated, pretentious, and edgy. You can be vague here and there but unless you're specific then I'll assume you're just shitposting.

repeating the same comeback twice doesn't make you any less retarded

>F/SN isn't edgy enough
F/SN had the right amount of edge (except for Heaven's Feel but that was entirely different beast)

>comeback
Huh? i'm genuinely puzzled as to what that "word" means. sorry if i'm retarded just because i don't understand words written in another language

I don't remember much edginess in F/SN. Especially Shirou, he's awful and counters edge like a madman due to being such a happy-go-lucky naive creature

>vague
Using meaningless words isn't vague though. It's literally like typing random characters.
>edginess
Is this supposed to be a meta analysis of deconstructive overrated posts?

Tsukihime is better

Yo bros mah name be Arcade Bumstead from Tukihime, ya dig?

Why is "multiverse" a prerequisite? Any setting can be stretched to multiple titles, quality is irrelevant.
As for better, I present you Light and Propeller's VNs. But I guess that doesn't mean anything to EOPs.

I read the F/SN VN years ago because Sup Forums told me the anime was trash. But then I found the VN itself to be trash too, and haven't bothered with the franchise since.
F/Z looks like it'd be better, but I can't stand Ufotable's digital visuals and it's connection to F/SN is enough to put me off in the first place.
I might watch the spin-off vidya adaptation by Shaft next year since it's not connected to the main series and I actually like the design sense it has.

for me, the fate series registers on the upper limit of tolerance for media meant for a younger audience. it's not particularly smart, I can't really relate to any of the characters, although I do like them. none of it really stays with me past the duration of an episode, but as far as saturday morning cartoon style "watch this cool thing for 23 or w/e minutes and then fuck off" shows go the fate series is pretty awesome

Nope. The words itself does have meaning, but nobody is sure what it really means now because of the over misuse of the word.

That's exactly what meaningless means in this context. It doesn't have to literally be meaningless in order to lose any descriptive power.

Stay/Night had some neat ideas but takes wayyyy too long to fucking get anywhere, if they cut out a lot of the, for a lack of a better word, "dating sim" and endless over explanations on their magic system it would be quite good.

Everything else attached to the name is trash, emblematic of everything wrong with the anime/game/waifu industry in japan over the last decade, and proof we live in one of the darkest timelines

tsukihime is a lot better even in spite of being so amateur by comparison and blatantly unfinished in parts

it's masturbation material and nothing more

It's fun