Old image aside and not specifically Super related, when do you think dragon ball will die definitively...

Old image aside and not specifically Super related, when do you think dragon ball will die definitively? Shouldn't we let it stay in our memories and stop beating the already long dead horse?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonballinsider.com/2016/10/15/shueisha-establishes-new-department-dragon-ball-room/
kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So long as it keeps making money they'll make more of it. So it never will.

What said, and it's the same for pretty much every other popular franchise. It'll die if it stops making money

They just made a new department specifically to fund new ideas for the series.

So probably not anytime soon.

Never. It will hit the public domain eventually and will be adapted 100 different ways until humanity ceases to be authors of things.

It will never die, but expect a lull in pretty much everything Dragonball related after Nozawa dies. I mean any major cast member biting the dust would put the brakes on Dragonball for a bit, but Nozawa kicking the bucket would put the franchise in a coma.

This.
I guess after Super ends there will be silence for a while but Toei will attempt another revival milking in like 5-8 years.

Do kids still like the Dragonball? Are new people getting into the franchise with Super or are there just that many old fans willing to watch the shit?

Nostalgiafags mostly

You talk like we have a say in it.

There are DB games every year. Kids are into it. The games get them to watch the anime, then they watch super because they end up loving the series

It's just like Pokemon

There's far too much invested for them to suddenly stop.

Shounen Jump also lacks comparable mainstream hits to replace it nowadays. Note that it's not only Toei - Shueisha itself just created a Dragonball department to push ideas for the franchise's future.

They won't suddenly throw everything way.

Dragon Ball ended with Cell.

Never. Money-makers don't just die like that. We can debate quality, but it's reached a point of popularity wherein despite all our complaints it's still making waves, moving merch, and getting buzz far beyond any other airing show.

Use the catalog retard

>It's just like Pokemon

Not really. Pokemon isn't focused on it's show nearly as much as Dragonball.
In the same sense that Dragonball emphasizes it's show, Pokemon puts that emphasis on it's game series – Dragonball's games are just entry-points for kids to get into the show, the show is just a merch-mover for Pokemon, and if anything, an entry-point into the series.

Just think from the business aspect. Why do you think Dragonball is a dead horse? It actually gets them a lot of money and we've all seen how well it does compared to other animes (even surpassing One Piece anime in audience.) Also a lot of movies like the Hobbit and Star Wars got a continuation from the previous installment of their series and it's easy to assume that it was profitable. So as long as the people are into the lore, the story and etc. you can't really call it as a "dead horse."

They're starting to make game-only merchandising though. Games now also sometimes feature characters from other games (like Mira and Towa in Fusions or several Fusions from Fusions being added to Dokkan Battle) rather than it all being based around existing episodes and movies.

I said NOT SPECIFICALLY SUPER RELATED because i already knew that there are spergs like you that always have to point out the existence of another thread, you autist.

As far as we know, not anytime soon

completely? never. anime will end eventually. Even when no new material was published new games were whored out over the years. you think naruto can be whored out for cash? DBZ is the original cash cow with its games/merch, only notable difference in anime is Super makes no effort to increase their animation or art quality(ost is decent actually). Which is perplexing because Toei has so much money made from the Battle of Gods and Ressurection of F movies, so budget should not be an issue. The only conclusion is milking of the DB franchise. Its easy money. Would you as a producer really not get the easy money way out?

Well okay Ill give super this, weekly anime are not easy to churn out. If they took a few months when a big fight is about to occur they could really step up their game. Give it exciting fights to watch, regardless of story. But as along it makes money as it currently stands, expect nothing to change until the consumers stop supporting the series.

thats bait, Sup Forums meme since early january i think

DB will never die but the continues surely will GT and super, Kai will definetly die as well as any other continous,,,

>not being exited for Dragonball Ultra 2026

fucking alejo y valentina!

dragonballinsider.com/2016/10/15/shueisha-establishes-new-department-dragon-ball-room/

I thought dragonball was completely dead until they came up with Kai and then Super.
You just have to ignore them.

Because the fandom is dumb as fuck and will aprove and enjoy whatever shit they call Dragon Ball, specially if Toriyama sign it

To make easy money exploring the franchise

Y-you have a point here. I'm starting to get affraid. The games are being shitty since long time

DBZ is like Pokemon at this point. It's already transitioned from one generation of fans to those fans' kids, and it's still making money, which means nothing can stop it now. DBZ merchandise will still be raking in money when all that's left of Toriyama is his cryogenically frozen head.

(OP)
Fuck my life, the Majin-Vegeta storyline was fucking rad as hell. Even the animation was pretty decent.

RIP an era of Dragonball in which characters give literally zero fucks and just kill everything they see/brawl it out until nobody is left standing. None of this "ascend to the power of a god" bullshit.

I'm blown away by how hilariously bad Goku looks in that 2015 image, compared to the 1996 one. 1996 looks like he could kill a motherfucker. 2015 looks like someone punched him in the head so many times he forgot his own kid's birthdays.

...which, uh, is probably true.

No. They've been milking Godzilla for 60 years, they can do the same with Dragon Ball.

Wtf those necks

Not until we do

Its something all of us will remember since we grew up with it

Ha ha. Holy shit, yeah, they're pretty fucking bad. Quality's still better than Super, though.

Serious question, what happened to his eyebrows

The SSJ3 stransformation does not have eyebrows

It's been pretty successful in Japan so far.

dragon ball is part of humanity's heritage

Honest question for everyone on Sup Forums

which was better, GT or Super?

not majin buu? whatever still good for me

The edge.

I prefer Super as of now

right now super

Compare that shit to the BD you fag.

Super is overall better. I'd still rank its RoF above Super 17 if only for the fact that I can laugh at it more than I groan in anger.

Really, as long as game consoles and arcades exist, so will Dragon Ball. All the interviews for Battle of Gods asked Nozawa what it felt like to be in an animated feature after so long, and she said that it didn't feel all that different due to all the games she had to voice in.

Why so shiny?

The colors are fucking horrible. And so is the lineart.

That last Godzilla movie was decent though

Every garbage gets successful in Japan

GT
It had better fights

Fuck off nostalgiafaggots. The new one looks better

Shueisha Establishes “Dragon Ball Room” to Expand and Optimize Content
Shueisha revealed that it had newly established a “Dragon Ball Room” on June 21st of this year. Its goal is to break down barriers between departments to expand and optimize the globally popular Dragon Ball franchise.
The announcement was made at Shueisha’s new publication planning presentation held in Tokyo on the 12th. Although the Dragon Ball Room falls under the umbrella of the rights division, its section chief Akio Iyoku also serves as editor-in-chief of V-Jump, where the Dragon Ball Super manga (the original story of which is overseen by Toriyama) is serialized. Iyoku says that, “in practical terms you can think of it as handling both the rights and editing. It’s a new experiment to have a department that only thinks about Dragon Ball.”
Akira Toriyama, the original author, commented that, “I was wanting to keep this old series alive and kicking even in the modern day with help from Shueisha’s excellent staff, so for me this team is dependable and a real godsend. It’d really be great if this way I won’t have to do anything!!!!”
Dragon Ball is a hit manga that ran in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1984 to 1995; its comics have sold over 240 million copies. The story centers on Son Goku, a boy with outstanding fighting sense, his adventures to get the Dragon Balls (which grant any wish when all seven are gathered), and his stiff competition against various rivals. A TV anime began broadcasting in 1986, and its popularity has endured even beyond the end of the original manga; Dragon Ball Super is currently airing.

kanzenshuu.com/2016/10/14/shueisha-establishes-new-dragon-ball-room-initiative-support-future-content/

And all credibility is lost.

>And all credibility is lost.
actually it's because Toei was tainting the brand and franchise with their low quality and rushed work.
By making the manga be ahead of the anime once again they can force the tv adaptation to have a guideline and a sense of source material to reference.

I appreciate your enthusiasm user, but even if I gave their unorthodox methods the benefit of doubt, the series is still a lost cause - it's just power level wanking with no real substance.
The awe felt in Frieza's arc will never be felt again.

That's why, whenever Toriyama or anyone shills for DBS, the credibility is lost.

the manga is fine and if that can set an example for the anime I'm going to stay optimistic.

But Dragon Ball ended over 20 years ago

The manga is what started this mess.

This user is right.

>The manga is what started this mess.
What mess? They did amazing service by detailing the Babidi arc, explained the Life-Link between Gods, and even solved the Causal Loop Paradox in the anime by having Kibito trigger Zamasu's interest in Goku.

The whole mess that is DBS. Making Goku and Vegeta power up again to achieve godhood like there's no limit to the saiyan body.

The whole tournament arc with vinnie the pooh and frieza clone was extremely cheap.

Making Gohan and the humans pretty much useless. By association, Return of Frieza was such a garbage movie full of plot holes.

>there are still people who insist that DBZ looked consistently any better then super

I love DBZ, i'm even such a huge nostalgiafag for it I prefer the original english funi run of it, but even I admit it looked like garbage animation and art wise most of the time.

westerners weren't informed that the the western release already went through 4 animation retouchings. That's why they make comparisons.

Okay, so that only proves my point more then that DBZ actually didn;t look better then super

Do you guys think DB would benefit if they made one 1-cour every year, each covering an arc, and maybe bordering into a 2-year spanning double-arc, but with greater quality overall?

Nope. It would be based on the DBS plot regardless, which is terrible as it is.

I know but the plot is a lot more subjective than the quality, and a great deal people are going to consume it anyway purely because it's Dragonball.
Hence why I think the latter is the one that would help the series overall were it made top-tier.

It looks better.

Super colors and are style are shit. Half of the shots of the characters are from far away and when we get a close up they look flat and life-less.

I like super, but if I have to be honest, supers lows are just as lows as DBZ's low in terms of animation, but I do think that Supers best doesn't look as good as DBZs.
The only thing I can think of that comes close to Z's high points was that Beerus vs SSJ god goku episode.
I do think it is still a bit unfair to compare super to Z, because Z has 230 more episodes than super so it is only natural that Z has more memorable moments and sakuga episodes than super.

Shut the fuck up user!, common sense is not allowed here!

Unfortunately, Cel animation is dead

It's not about cel or digital animation. It's Toei's direction and staff.

The 2008 special looked just fine.

>The 2008 special looked just fine.
That is, because just like you said a special, user.
Specials usually look better than the average episode of a long running show.

Not talking about animation, but general direction. Color choices, character designs, shots composition, that sort of thing.

RoF had a budget of $5 million (acording to Wikipedia) and it looks worse.

>bulme
>my moosles herts
>halp

sup Sup Forums

the name's moosle man