You expect an relation/explanation End of Evangelion in 3.0 +1.0?

You expect an relation/explanation End of Evangelion in 3.0 +1.0?

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/docs/eva/2010-crc#asuka-in-unit-03
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't even expect it to be good

What explanation of EoE is necessary that isn't already in EoE?

I don't even expect it to be realesed

I just expect foxes

Actually, I expected at least an official doujin that continues the story

go away debbie

Was she the worst character ever?

Seen way worse.
Clearly she was fanservice character, but even entertaing in other way than being eye candy.

They could have at least have given her some sort of backstory so that she'd make a semblance of sense. Instead it's just LOL HERE'S THIS QUIRKY NEW ACE EVA PILOT FROM OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE WHO MAKES CAT FACES AND SILLY QUIPS XDDD

The shit is just so fucking out of place in Evangelion. This ain't TTGL.

>You expect an relation/explanation End of Evangelion in 3.0 +1.0?
What is this trainwreck of a sentence trying to ask?

She's two in one.

I'm not saying she's good. But at least she isn't tsundere.

In earlier draft's she was more in the story, it was changed later.

hmm
what about that mysterious chapter in this retard Sakamoto's manga?
were there any explanations?

>what about that mysterious chapter in this retard Sakamoto's manga?
>any explanations?

none. Just that according to the CRC; one of the animators described Mari as a female version of Kaworu; being manipulative and saying the right things to get what she wants from Shinji

I talked about this in a previous thread, might as well say it again
Mari originally was more involved in the plot for 2.0. According to (Eva-2.0 Complete records collection)
A 200+page book containing; behind the scenes information, original drafts, scene panels detailing alternative/deleted segments, ect..
(POTENTIAL SPOILERS)
Originally Mari was going to be introduced by piloting Eva-2 at sea fighting an angel on battleships, Mari/Kaji are both introduced to the cast while Asuka arrives later by plane, both Mari and Asuka pilot Unit-2 with Asuka being its designated pilot , referring to Mari as her "support fire"(later used in 3.0)
Eventually Mari with a higher sync ratio with Unit-2 than Asuka becomes its main pilot during the 9th angel attack, leaving Asuka devastated not piloting Eva (NGE style) Asuka then jumps at the chance to pilot unit-3.
Mari talks with all the pilots, goes to the school, Convinces Shinji (face to face) to pilot Unit-1 during the 10th angel attack at the watermelon field; kissing him.
The script was later remade (again) to what we have now.

It is also worth mentioning that Asuka was originally in unit-2 during the 10th angel attack. (In the 1st/2nd draft for 2.0)
It explains why during the Zeruel battle (when it hits unit-2 a second time) the camera zoom's towards Mari's left eye (implying it getting hit), yet later we see that it's the right side of her face that's injured.

Originally Asuka was in Mari's place and the scene showed how she lost her eye. The aforementioned scene was a recycled element from the earlier draft-and the animators just forgot (or lazy) to edit the scene.
It wouldn't be Evangelion if the production wasn't chaotic

Remember, the Chapter came out in 2009, the same year as Eva 2.0.

It was probably done as to hype the fans.

Oh god this series is just wasted potential that was slowly morphed into the most expensive and elaborate trolling of it's own fans.

To be more specific,
The manga chapter released December 26, 2009.

While the movie (2.0) was released June 27, 2009.

Apparently Rei commits suiside

>Eva was supposed to have a complete explanation
Why do autists like you have to have everything explained to them? Has ever occurred to you that it was supposed to ambiguous?

What the fuck is Anno doing? That explanation of the earlier draft makes way more sense than what we actually got with Mari randomly showing up mysteriously and still not being explained in 3.0. I feel like they're just writing themselves into a corner and that's why 3.0 + 1.0 keeps getting pushed back.

It got pretty weird and intresting, I think they changed it, just to get the Jap-equivalent
of a pg-13 movie

Sure weren't. It included history already changed for Rebuild in 1.0, so it isn't directly in continuity, but maybe hints at similar events still occurring in the background of the movies, but the movies haven't connected back to it.

4.0 got pushed back because Anno was working on Godzilla.

That sounds so much better. Not saying 2.0 isn't fun, it is, it's also an incoherent mess

If your intrested in learning more, they have the crc translated on this site
(Eva-2.0 Complete records collection)

gwern.net/docs/eva/2010-crc#asuka-in-unit-03

Was EoE PG 13 when released?

>it's also an incoherent mess
Yes it it!

I believe that something happened during production. the experiance from 2.0 must of left such a sour taste, that Anno wanted to distance the story from it; ending up with 3.0,

it gets pretty fucked up for an American PG-13

It's actually not Rated, according to IMDB

mal say's it's r

The face of “Asuka with the torn off identity” speaks in Kaworu’s voice.
K: “It’s not like you.”
A: “Not like me?”
K: “Being happy doesn’t fit you.”
A: “My happy self is scary. // So let’s go back to the usual me.”

I have no idea, if you compared 2.0 to EOE,
2.0 is pg13 while EOE is an R,

what

you can't have someone masturbate over a comatose underage girl in pg-13

I think we need to kill Annos wife so this retard would fall into depression again and make a decent film
Rebuilds are such a mess without any explanation

>married
>not depressed

>what
what do you mean?