If we wanted could we build a bomb big enough to destroy the whole planet earth?

If we wanted could we build a bomb big enough to destroy the whole planet earth?

define "destroy"

Somehow could lure an asteroid into earth

That it breaks into pieces

i don't think so
but the radiation/dust etc could cause human extinction i guess?

How about a bomb that would trigger a supervolcano?

An earthshart if you like?

no

Better question for /sci/, not pol

Would take a lot of resources but i think thats possible
do we have a nuclear physicists here?

if you bury the bomb deep enough you could cause the earth to split into pieces, but they would fall again into each other

We can make the planet unliveable with suprsingly little enriched uranium.

Hence the need for a NWO and the boys in black going after rouge nations every 5 years.

How the fuck is this political? Butthurt mods delete 56% threads but let this 9-gag tier shit stay afloat?

Probably not. Even if it could somehow drill to the core and survive the pressure and heat, the core is mostly iron so there is nothing to react with, and the density and pressure would, I'd expect, contain any amount of explosive we can throw at it with current technology. That said, it would be an interesting what if question for a real physicist to answer.

>super volcano
>ash zone only in the US

not very accurate or historically correct but fine by me.

Not until we develop anti-matter weapons.

even with antimatter tech you still need the energy to create it

Accelerate a dense object to 90% or more of lightspeed, point it at earth and laugh at its destruction

You can do anything you put your mind to :^)

How about a device that causes a phase transition in matter causing a collapse of a false vacuum?

Yes, we could, and proof of concept for it has most likely been proposed somewhere within DARPA or such already.

It wouldn't be a thermonuclear bomb. It would be something capable of far more catastrophic energy release for the amount of 'fuel' material needed.

you need 2.3 * c^2 * mass of the object worth of energy to achieve that

Not Sup Forums related

>collapse of a false vacuum
you mean collapse to a true vacuum?

>killing all the niggers, jews and muslims at the same time is not Sup Forums related

fuck off, newfag

that could work

you just need to pierce the atmosphere to let all the sun's radiation to stream in unfiltered. staggered atomic bomb explosions to rip apart the magnetic shield would do that.