Jeff Sessions: The DOJ ‘Can Never Be Used to Retaliate Politically Against Opponents’

Sup Forums BTFO

>While providing testimony before the House Judiciary Committee today, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was asked if he believed the president should commonly demand the justice system to go after the president’s political enemies.

>Ranking Democrat John Conyers began his Q&A session by bringing up a number of tweets by President Donald Trump earlier this month in which the president called on the Justice Department to look at Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.

>“Yes or no, please,” the Michigan Democrat stated. “In a functioning democracy, is it common for the leader of the country to order the criminal justice system to retaliate against his political opponents?”

>After a short back-and-forth in which Sessions asked for clarification on the question, the AG said that “the Department of Justice can never be used to retaliate politically against opponents and that would be wrong.” When pressed by Conyers if that was a “no,” Sessions replied that his “answer stands for itself.”

mediaite.com/tv/jeff-sessions-the-doj-can-never-be-used-to-retaliate-politically-against-opponents/

I am at the point where I would support Trump if he ordered the military to bomb Congress during a joint session. Especially if he made sure Sessions was there too.

Lawyer speak for 'criminal prosecution does not constitute political retaliation'.

GET SESSIONS THE FUCK OUT! HE IS A WET FLANNEL! SO BASICALLY WHAT HE'S SAYING IS CORRUPTION IS 100 PERCENT FINE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PROSECUTE A MEMBER OF THE OPPOSING PARTY? BULLSHIT! GET HIM OUT!

>tweets are presidential orders

= ABOVE THE LAW you filthy plebs

Fucking Pedos and Kikes man. Day of the rope

False equivalency

Trump isn't retaliating against political opponents, he's pursuing justice against people who have clearly broken the law but get away with it because of their power.

How is the left able to so calmly proclaim that the Uranium One deal is a conspiracy theory?

There was American uranium sold to Russia, and the reason for doing so is not clear. Combined with the oversight of the decision from Hillary Clinton and the money paid to her husband Bill Clinton, it looks like a crime has occurred.

Hillary and Bill's foundation received the payment from Russians, then Russians received the Uranium deal. Simple?

Exactly. It's a difficult line to dance when the voting public is split into blocs with totally different media sources of information.

Hilldawg, Podesta, and the rest aren't above the law and immune from prosecution just because they were Trump's opponents. When they go to prison it will be upholding the rule of law, not politically motivated retaliation.

He might not be referring to Trump... It seems that Trump has been the victim of retaliation by Obama not the other way around... especially with the BS dossier while Obama was sitting as POTUS... things aren't always as the my seem ....

that is how I read it.

next sentence should be a big however, treason etc etc

The shills not being able to see this is the drama being played out by Dems (who want rid of the Clinton ghost), Sessions and Trump.

This shit right here is why I have issues with 'Southern' people. Always trying to be so coy.

They're not going to jail

He specifically referred to DJT's calls to "DO SOMETHING" about Hillary recently. This makes me think he is talking about going after Hillary.

>retaliate politically
Does the DoJ retaliate politically against anyone? That seems to be vague and Conyers couldn't get a direct yes or no to the original question:

>“In a functioning democracy, is it common for the leader of the country to order the criminal justice system to retaliate against his political opponents?”

How convenient that losing the election has her immune to DoJ investigation.

Is that a man's ass?

no

This is what southern people do when they are asked a cheeky question.
You don't want to be direct? We are masters of alluding.
Grow a pair and be more direct. Thats what southern people enjoy the most. We can banter like that but we don't enjoy the song and dance.
Those questions were grossly trying to frame a narrative and were dishonest in their delivery.