Draw/pol/

Draw/pol/ - take up the brush edition
anything Sup Forums welcome,
join the drawfags and break the leftist hold on art!
Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

michelecupples.com/blog/classical-atelier-training-at-home-for-free
archive.org/search.php?query=Andrew loomis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ohhhh i like that logo

>mfw mosley wins

Why did the prvious thread look like an /mlpol/ raid?

Jesus Christ.

Guys go download a pdf of the Bargue drawing course and get copying.
Then take an anatomy course. Like from Scott Eaton.
Then get some constructive figure drawing books like from Loomis.
Maybe join New Masters Academy online or something.
There's no excuse for Sup Forums drawing fucking Manga faggotry.
From this point forward all manga in a genuine draw thread is fucking shilling.

The pdf is floating around but is at the bottom of linked page...

michelecupples.com/blog/classical-atelier-training-at-home-for-free

no u

Pic related is the first part of a new project of mine. Thoughts?
Stop Drawing Degenerate Art.

I browbeat because I'm old af, had to (wrongly) learn this shit before there was an internet from (((art school))), and I love you guys and i want you to be excellent.

Your painting ability is way up there.
You can obviously draw but you dont need to stylize. If you beared down and took a full-blown anatomy course (I strongly suggest Scott Eaton) your work would take a sudden quantum leap and you'd be as great as anybody.
Nice.

Thank you brother, I will check him out!

There's a lot of good there, but you need to use some good references for anatomy and pay closer attention when using them, and follow correct perspective for the background (troops). The guy's head is especially bad, followed closely by his left hand and the upper arm that holds the spear. But like I said, overall really good.

Pic related my OC

I'm not very good at actual art

Sorry I crapped in your last thread (and this one as well I guess!).
Was trolling but it was mostky tough love. I thought there would be bants not thread-death.
Any drawing, even manga is a wholesome hobby.
Pls carry on.
I will go.

You could post your work or more art resources.

also made this for the thumbnail

Well the resources I have mentioned are the best out there. Hands down. At least of an affordable variety.
My most recent (and photographed) work are portraits of real people, which I don't want to post on Sup Forums (would identify them and me).
I will dig stuff up or most new sketches if the threads continue.
archive.org/search.php?query=Andrew loomis

Thank you for the feedback! I will remember it. The left hand and spear-arm are exactly the places where I didn't use any proper reference... haha!
If possible, can you pinpoint what is bad about the head?
Pretty cool skelly you got there. If you want critique for it then one thing I can say is that the helmet looks quite small, compared to how big it usually is on the head of the soldiers. The shape of the helmet is also a bit off, too angular on the brim.

Bump

Nah it's good, I'll stop being stubbron, you're correct about learning the basics, any posting even tough love is necessary to the growth of better artists. Do continue to post and critique as you wish.

>If possible, can you pinpoint what is bad

Just general anatomy, proportions and the way muscles work. Pic related is probably not ideal because I was working from imagination, but with references you'll figure it out, just remember to spend more time measuring and observing than drawing and make sure you put down correct shapes.

>that tiny head

Thoughts on this Abi Shapiro fake I made lads?

Bumping with an Amerimutt meme I doodled

Lads, I need your Gondolas fast! I'm stressing out and need to calm down.

Thank you for the paint over, though that head and right arm look pretty grotesque... But I get your points. Your left hand/wrist is much better.

This might be the first amerimutt OC I've seen in these threads. Congrats?

RARE
>Nice proxy, user,wanna share?

if you want it to be readable in the catalog you need to make it as a thumbnail.

I was kind of indifferent to the meme at first, but so many Americans have started freaking out about it, insisting that the only possible way for memes mocking America to be popular would be if outside forces are trying to promote division. Funny shit.

Also impressive numbers you have there

what are your brush settings?

It’s kindof the nature of drawthreads. Fulfilling requests in temporary threads means most will be cartoons, quick sketches, or edits. And Sup Forums is no exception to this being an anime website, most requests and the culture itself will be weebshit. We do frequently have art appreciation threads on Sup Forums, which are entirely classical, but I’ve never seen anons actually participating.

I haven’t drawn, really ever, but seeing these threads on Sup Forums motivated me to download photoshop and learn how to use it, just to make a few edits someone requested. Much more productive than how my time is usually spent browsing this website.

Anyone willing to draw me a badass Trump?

I like the meme, I think it's a good way to get shitskins to out themselves as mongrel trash who need gas. The incredible amount of OC is the suspicious thing. It's been around a long while, at least a good 6-7 months if not more. I've never looked into the origin, but I must say it is fishy considering the sudden burst in popularity and sheer number of new pics.

Nah its not so suspicious, sometimes memes sit around for a while before they take off

Bretty gud

You ever thought of trying out historically themed art like what Don Troiani and Mort Kunstler do for a living?

Weird, i heard in the civil war they didnt use bayonets

Why do you think namefagging is okay? You mind fucking off with that shit?

Casualties from bayonet and other bladed weapons was considerably lower than previous conflicts but the bayonet was still very much a part of the war. Many of the bloodiest engagements such as Gettysburg, Spotsylvania, Antietam, and the Wilderness involved savage hand-to-hand fighting where every solid object in reach was a weapon.

Thank you. Currently I am more interested in the spiritual and symbolic than depicting real historical events. But perhaps in the future it would be an idea. However, I would probably choose classical-antiquity subjects before any modern.

Already typed one with it on by accident, figured i'd might as well leave it.
Also i post art, (well last time i did) so why not.

Bless you. Brings me back to my days on Newfakecity.com

Bump

Because Sup Forums doesn't need another general full of namefags (they know who they are). This is an anonymous website for a reason, names/trips are for self important cunts. I appreciate the art, lad.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand realism. The detail is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of color theory most of the mood and composition will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also the realists naturalistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the style- with the artists personal philosophy drawing heavily from classical greek literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this beauty, to realise that they’re not just good- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Realism truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the tradgey in promethius' exxtential catchphrase “bix nood mufugga,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their art gallerie. What fools.. how I pity them.

I set both opacity and flow to over 9000

KEK

Well you could always combine spirituality/symbolism and history like Konstantín Vasilyev did.

Al dente

Indeed, I had seen some of his pictures before but never knew his name, thank you! Excruciatingly glorious.

You're welcome

Bumparino

Bump, do feel free to post art and ask for help, we are all in this for the long haul. Don't forget to have fun!

From the primaries last year

pls no bulli

Advice/critique is appreciated

Thats bretty good try working on your eyes a bit though.

Doodled a little comic. If anyone wants to draw it properly they're welcome to, but I don't think it matters

This one has the grammar/spelling errors fixed

/1TXVO/SwlPGPW9w3OegGgw==/

That supposed to mean something?

heh

Couple anatomical things
1) Center figure.
>Biceps emerges from under the deltoid in front, not behind it. ( on the right hand )
>Triceps is normally a bit bigger in volume than biceps (right hand)
>The inner thigh muscles descend lower on the knee than biceps femoris thus forming a fossa, visible from the lateral view, but hidden from the medial view. (right thigh)
>Calves origin should be elevated a bit (right leg)
>Add the head of the fibula (important bony landmark)
>Add some manly cartilage to the throat
>Sternocleidomastoideus muslce insertion is incorrect).
2) Figure on the left
>The hip flexion folds are a bit boring. Add some variation.

Looks very good tho. Lighting especially.

I kinda like the non anatomically correct look. I can't think of any pieces in particular but I'm kind of reminded of something around the art deco era.

i think it was this. Obviously this is more 2D

no, its horrible. really. right at the bottom of uncanny valley

Excellent breakdown, very helpful of you! I will post an improved version when I have gotten the chance to fix everything, if there is a draw thread.
I only touched up the face a bit tonight, pic related

Requesting someone to draw a Nazi Erza for reasons.

im not a talented artist, but it looks like shit. its like you want to make it look uglier than it needs to be. fucking sort it out and make it look good.
>pic related: a good looking male figure

wew the posts are bonded by quads. heed my advice or suffer.

Requesting somebody draw trump like gin in the gon vs pitou fight. Thanks

i realize now. it looks like those faggot titans from attack on titan.

Not the best kind of nostalgia, desu.
Lowering the refined artistic standards was what allowed the eventual decadence of the culture in the west overal.
>Pic related, the most expensive statue
If you are an artist and have some free time to invest, have a look at Paul Richer's anatomy book series. They desribe pretty much everything in a very systematic and clear way. Anatomy will become your tool and you'll use it like toilet paper anytime.
Dam, I love Bouguereau

also the face is completely dead. what guy is lunging with a spear an looks like he is bored as fuck. its missing that rage of war that makes it emotive. unless thats what you were going for, an emotionless titan looking cunt with bad proportions.

Pitou is best """girl""" though

I do design for a living. Would like to post stuff but I specifically avoid any political connections to my work. I'm not saying that to brag or anything, but to note the difference between more conservative art/design people and leftists. Liberals will beat you over the head with their beliefs, relying on emotion over substance. Conservative works are often either apolitical or far more subtle, able to be enjoyed for their aesthetic merit.

Keep up the good work fellas.

Sup HW, still making lewdness these days?

Just decided to quick doodle something with the old SAI that I haven't used for a long time.

/r/ing pol-tan standing bqcl towards frame in the rain over the grave of CNN with the ghost of news-tan in the background saluting.
Alternatively pol crying with news' press hat clutched to his chest.

What's with the gay ass piercing?

UND DAS HEIẞT:
ERRRRRRRIZA!

painfully accurate

>If you are an artist
Don't get me wrong tho, I'm pretty much a noob myself. Not being smug.
Here, A little static anatomy practice I did yesterday.

hold the fuck up.

Plz respon

Fuck, I forgot I was supposed to erase the piercing. At first, I thought of adding an "Iron Cross" piercing but then looking at it doesn't fit right for Sup Forums-chan. Instead of erasing it directly, I started drawing /o/-chan and /mlp/-chan and I somehow forgot about erasing it. Sorry about that.

Bump with previous work.

neat

Bump

Heres a tip.
If you want to draw good never plunge headfirst into anime.
Manga design philosophy is entirely removed from realism.

Imitating it is the wrong way to go. Sounds pretentious but look at life. Quit letting other artists define your style.
You dont even need to think of a “style” yet. It comes to you naturally with experience.

Holy shit, thanks for this dude.
I've been looking to up my game, and this is a crazy incredible resource.

I like this.

Ironically, I was preoccupied with a drawstream for a breast tutorial.

He wants it that wayThe guy on the lefts but should be sexier.
And the guy in the rights biceps should be juicier, and his head is a lil small

Y u no shitpost nomore? It's just not the same when it's only F^2.

I'll get right on that.

Obersturmbannfuhrer Felix Kjellberg, Circa 1944, colourized