Sup Forums's opinion on this?

Sup Forums's opinion on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=OtZ961RK1us
Just wanted to know and discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9cz_cXDCo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not very good compared to other Animator Expo stuff.

Was there a thread discussion this already or does Sup Forums just not care about it?

It came out over a year ago and was released as a part of a hipster as fuck project.

What the fuck do you expect?

I liked the animation and the trope with a twist idea (a broken friendship because two girls like the same guy and even though they decided not to date, one does anyway, with alien squirrels).
But was it symbolic?

>over a year ago
This is why I shouldn' trust Youtube recommendations

It was one of my favorites from the animatorexpo.
It's a shame that all of these designs were basically wasted on this.

It's easily one of the best shorts from it.

Same, those character designs beg for a longer series to be in.

Satsuki has cute eyebrows.

Tsurumaki please com bacek and do something new

Dragon Dentist.

>something new

It's new-ish.

Don't expect anything more than 4.0 after that.

Why? The Animator Expo's role as a pilots programme is pretty obvious, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try to make more anime out of them.

I mean, for example, Ikuto Yamashita's short, if it was meant to be a standalone thing, barely made any sense. It was obviously a pitch for something bigger.

I was talking about the criteria of "new" anime, which, apparently, anything from the Expo doesn't fall under.

I still think the Studio4C pilots from 2012 are better.

I liked the Expo more than Genius Party. Were those pilots or was it just an anthology?

Pretty sure Genius Party was an anthology, I don't know how you could make a show out of most of those shorts.

I rate it. I like the bit where she's heartbroken and she's just sitting on the bed with her face off and tongue out, defeated. Tsurumaki and Ueda are geniuses desu. Not my kind of music though

Wait is Dragon Dentist an adaptation of an older thing or something? I saw the expo short and it looked brilliant

I mean the expo short was cool enough on its own. Not that i'm against more but if that's all Tsurumaki's "new work" will amount to -a 90min TV special in which he isn't even that hands on- then it's not what I was asking for.

Isn't even that hands on? Isn't he directing it?

He's the animation director I think

It appears that he will be the actual director for the two episodes.

Really, though, has he ever done anything "new" other than FLCL? PRetty much everything he's done has been with Anno. That's not a criticism or anything, I just wouldn't expect it now with 4.0, Dentist, and the new seasons of FLCL coming.

Diebuster wasn't with Anno. And it's a bit of trap to think like that when he has been chained to Rebuild for 10 years. Only this past year he came out and created something outside of irrelevant OP storyboards or whatever.

Diebuster

Weird how the new FLCL has barely anything to do with him when it was so much his baby

Diebuster wasn't really new though. It's a sequel, after all. And Anno did work on it in some capacity.

As for that, As different as it is, I wouldn't qualify it as a completely new thing like FLCL was.

Isn't he more attached to the production of the new seasons now, though?

It's only a sequel in setting. The actual show is completely its own thing when you are watching it. It would be different if the Gunbuster sequel had been more like your typical sequel, rather than the kind of high-concept tie-in Diebuster was. For all intents and purposes it was a new thing.

Expanding a pilot on the other hand I wouldn't consider new, even if I'm still looking forward to it. Well, I guess we have yet to see if the Dragon Dentist thing will heavily deviate from the pilot or if it will feature the same characters, art direction, setting, etc.

Ribbons girl has the best design. Too bad she doesn't actually show up in the short.

Tsurumaki's supervising the new FLCL while the guy who directed Psycho Pass is the director. Not sure how to feel about that.

It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to call Dragon Dentist Tsurumaki's, he was animation director on the pilot too. It looks like a co-creator situation with that Otaro Maijo guy.

Saw this about 2 weeks back. Thought it was decent, albeit a bit weird. Although I will say almost everything from the expo was edgy and not that good to begin with.

I prefer sporty tall girl.
But they're all mostly good.

I think the line director will be something else, Motohiro is a live-action guy and they would need someone who is actually versed in animation production to manage the actual, well production.

Tsurumaki is more of a consultant from what he's said in interviews.

I loved it, Shushio knows his shit.

Sup Forums doesn't care about these projects most of the time, unless there's something as crazy as ME!ME!ME! that everyone starts talking about.

>Well, I guess we have yet to see if the Dragon Dentist thing will heavily deviate from the pilot
>or if it will feature the same characters, art direction, setting, etc.
We already know that it doesn't. The designs have changed, and it seems to be more explicitly set in a WW2-like setting, it doesn't look the same as the short.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9cz_cXDCo4

Are you high?

Oh, didn't know there was a PV already. I miss the old girl, she was cuter. New girl is too normal.

What is this?

I can friday by day