>>149428794

dumb virtue signaling. california will spend way more money on objecting on their portion of the border with taxpayer funds and they'll actually be shit on portions of their border rather than some totally vacant lot

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/border-fence-built-in-mexico-by-mistake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reddit-tier card game.
reddit-tier edge jokes.
reddi-tier plan.

>liberals against humanity

really fitting.

Cucks Against Humanity

>Cards Against Humanity is crowdfunding a project to buy land on the Mexican border simply to make it hard for Trump to build a wall.
Eminent Domain. They're wasting their time.

>tfw I own a deck

I got it before they went full sjw cuck 2bh. They're so fucking gay, they made some Hillary deck to donate to her campaign if I recall correctly

>What is Eminent Domain

>reddit tier plan
basically
in 2015 they offered nothing for sale for $5. as in, absolutely nothing.
more than 12,000 people bought it

in 2016 they offered to dig a hole nowhere for no reason for as long as the money came in to pay a crew to do it with an excavator. idiots spent more than $100K on that

I'm sure virtue signaling libs will spend the $2.25 million they're asking for here, but it isn't the real fight when a ton of other occupied land has wealthy owners, states that oppose trump (like Cali) or is on indian land and difficult to extricate.

>get donations from libtards
>purchase land for cheap as people no longer want it
>Trump uses gov power to seize the lands
>receive less than what was spent
>No refunds

The basic plan that they outline on their page is that they will use the money to just waste the US government's time and money fighting for that parcel by spending the money they get on some super expensive law firm specializing in eminent domain to draw the whole thing out.

eminent domain will end up being invoked and the only ones laughing will be the lawyers.

>TFW you can't even print your own cards

The eternal avocado strikes again

>when a Mexican understands US law better than liberals
Trumps government will literally just take the fucking land and compensate them maybe 30% at best

This.

He's just setting himself up for the Trump curse. WHY HAVENT PEOPLE FUCKING DISCOVERED THIS YET??

>they will use the money to just waste the US government's time and money fighting for that parcel
They do know that's not how it works right? The government just takes your land and gives you what they think is fair for it. There isn't a lawyer on Earth that can change that, they've tried.

It's called imminent domain, folks.

>Eminent Domain. They're wasting their time.

Beat me to it. I guess they want to pay money for land they'll have to turn around and give up to the government for pennies on the dollar.

liberals are so cool and creative. If you are conservative you are definitely NOT cool

No they're exploiting dumb leftists for more money

Just convince people to shit in their CAH game and spam pics of it all over their Twitter

Whether one buys the land or not as U.S. citizens or residents, they can still have the land taken because they never have true ownership of the land, hence it is a "deed."
Also, it does not matter if people agree with Donald Trump or not about what he is doing; he has a duty to protect the United States of America against invasions and also who enters the United States and if he doesn't do this duty, he is violating his oath of office.
For a nation to have sovereignty, it has to have the right to protect itself.
Those who are not citizens of a country, they do not have any constitutional protections. They cannot claim a right that does not exist for them and this is why those who claim that they have constitutional rights do not understand law or the basis of sovereignty under the principles of the Laws of Nations.
I am one who believes that if people are peaceful, they work and produce, and are good people, I welcome them. If they are doing bad things and not Citizens, then they need to go back to their nation.

We all have the right to be safe.

Kek. "What is eminent domain?" will be trending on jewgle soon enough.

Build a wall around Commiefornia plz.

I wonder if the feds could make a case that the people finding this are aiding and abetting criminal behavior, and even swing a treason charge?

That's not really how it works these days. SCOTUS has defended eminent domain, but the practical impact is that the land owner can have a day (or many, with appeals) in court over whether or not the taking was justified in the public interest and whether or not it was "just compensation" for the land.

Kelo v. New London kind of turned the public optics on eminent domain when they took her property and Pfizer's planned $300M development never happening after spending $100M in funds to get it.

It'll be a huge shitshow because the border will go through portions of land that are currently complete and undivided with no visible border and put some gigantic concrete fence up in the middle of the property. The argument is going to be that the taking of the small portion of the land has a larger impact on the whole than it is worth on its own, thus the "just compensation" for the landowner will need to be higher. And large portions of the land on the border haven't changed ownership in decades, making determining "just compensation" even more of a back and forth argument.

*funding

Almost 5- downvotes thats hood but I want 1-1 votes within the hour

Or they just build the wall north of the parcel, effectively ceding it to Mexico.

Isn't there already a wall on parts of the California border from before Trump took office? I thought there was a portion of wall south of San Diego.

This may just be an elaborate troll against lefties by exploiting their near-universal lack of knowledge for money. Eminent domain and all that.

Can't help but question my tastes and prefrences when I see those that are destroying the world liking something I like, or have created something I enjoy.
I couldn't have imagined such a free speech centric game would be made by SJWs.

Clearly just a cash grab on libtards who dont know they can just seize it.

>get free money to buy worthless land
>government buys your worthless land with eminent domain
>get free money back
Pretty smart tee bee haich

The takings clause prohibits the taking of public land without "Just Compensation" and for a cause in the public interest. They will spend years and millions of dollars arguing this point to have the US also spend millions of dollars and years arguing this point just for it to be taken under eminent domain in the end.

It was largely built on land that was federal already, although $78M was spent to acquire land via eminent domain in the 2000s under Bush for the "Secure Border Fence". Some of that litigation from under Bush is STILL ongoing. And then other portions are owned by states (only about a 1/3rd is owned by the federal government). Cali has already sued the administration preemptively to try to prevent/stall/frustrate Trump taking the state land under eminent domain.

What a classes millionaire.
I ain't clicking his garbage.

I can hardly believe that the border is private property.

Eminent domain. Eat shit libshits.

It will be decided overnight. For one, the land withing several miles of the border already has a government use clause. Second, it's a matter of national security. If it goes to court at all, it will be fast tracked to the supreme court and be decided within the month. I say encourage these idiots and make them waste the money. And who knows, maybe once they actually visit the property they'll realize how bad the problem is. It will certainly put them out of business, unless they sell to the Gov.

That is the ends of this campaign, but I don't believe that was their intention. Other vids from them seem genuinely super lefty.

What they're actually doing is exploiting dumbfucks for money.

They'll pocket half the donations outright. Then they'll buy the plot of land, and accept the first buyout offer from the US Government.

At the end of the day they've made a ton of money and dumbfuck liberals have only lost.

This is one of the nice things about how impressionable and lemming-like liberals are: They fall for every single fucking scam without an ounce of critical review about it, simple because it triggers their political autism.

why doesn't anyone understand this is satire against leftists

>We can fight this fascist by wasting our tax dollars!

Trump will just personally make a higher offer lmao

It basically is. There are large swaths of the US Canadian border that are just the end of people's backyards. Some spots on roads between the two countries are marked with a single orange safety cone.

Bush made the same case under eminent domain for the Secure border act and hundreds of those court cases from 2006 are still ongoing in 2017. It is not that simple for all parcels.

Nah they're retarded liberals who flushed money down the toilet in the past, $100K on digging pointless holes for days. They will spend the money on lawyers and then end up pocketing the money they get when they eventually lose the case.

The feds will just take it.

Kelo v. New London started in 1998 and only ended in 2005.

Hundreds of eminent domain lawsuits were started in 2006 and are STILL ongoing from the Bush fences.

If you are willing to spend the money, you can drag on the process forever. If the government has interest, they can and will outspend you, and you will lose, but you can drag the process out for a really fucking long time.

Because the leftist at large are so mentally defunct their "serious rhetoric" is identical to satire to a person with a still half-functioning brain.
So much so, they have gleefully redistributed troll infographics and supported their statements.

Given that this land was purchased with the express intent to delay government action on a national security issue, yeah it will be quick.

>It basically is. There are large swaths of the US Canadian border that are just the end of people's backyards. Some spots on roads between the two countries are marked with a single orange safety cone.
this is why, despite them being fucking leafs, I am glad the US-Canada relationship is so strong and interdependent. no need to ever be enemies.

That's not how it works.

>attempt to buy land on border
>Sup Forums somehow buys it instead, gifts it to Donald

>Your Honor, the federal government forcibly buying this property infringes on my rights
>Alright, and what do you do with this land?
>Oh, nothing.
>Do you live there?
>No?
>Okay, then if you are paid a fair market value for this land, in what way is this infringing you? What are your plans for this land?
>Oh, we just want to stop them from building the wall.
>So you actually plan to let this land go to waste?
>Yes sir, that's exactly right.
>And you realize this is a matter of national security, right?
>No sir. Illegal immigrants, violent gang members have a right to be here. In fact, we'll let them through our property no questions asked.
>Sir, you realize you are admitting in federal court conspiracy to commit treason and conspiracy to drug trafficking?
>...
Yeah, let's see how that goes.

HAHAHA

It makes Canada's efforts to increase the population to 100M via mass immigration problematic though. Depending on the populations imported and whether they acclimate or shift the needle on politics.

It's not that simple, they still get their day in court and appeals over the merit/need for a border wall and the "just compensation" on the value of the property.

Nonetheless it should be much swifter than the other cases because they're basically admitting they bought a vacant plot of land with no real interest in it, you won't have the cases where people's pools will now be half wall in land owned for generations with a home that grandpa built. It's just an empty plot, the debate over value is going to be minimal particularly since a recent real estate transaction kind of indicates the value.

Still with process and procedure I'd say they could probably stall for at least 2 years.

No, that's still not how it works. That's definitely not an admission to treason.

Whether or not you want to DO Anything with it is immaterial to the notion of the Government needing just cause, informed by the well-being of the public to engage in the use of eminent domain. The description they posted on the site about having an "Expert"? Expertise in this means protracted arguments about the merit of the thing the Government wants to do. There's no demand on the citizen to prove THEY will do something with the land. There's certainly no magical sidetrack to the bureaucratic system just because the President wants something.

we should incite more Quebecois Separatists then, this would distract the government if it got really radical. US could sit by and aid both sides.

>Still with process and procedure I'd say they could probably stall for at least 2 years.
I'd put it at 3 at least. They're not going to go into this alone, they'll drag as many people who hold those properties along, and apparently have "I literally can't spend this" amounts of money to do it. If they really get into it then every random person who happens to own a plot who would have shrugged and done nothing will be encouraged to get a bigger piece of the pie if nothing else.

If Trudeau can't stem the refugee crisis then Quebec will vote him out next election.

Right now they have about 12,000 more than usual.

300,000 Central Americans and Haitians are set to lose protected status in the US in 2018.

Currently Canada is approving half of the claims by the people who enter illegally. Their legal representation in Canada is paid for by the federal government. They appeal endlessly and then they are allowed to stay once they have a kid or cry about ties to canadian people/job/soil (after being there for years, humanitarian grounds).

(((Cards against Humanity)))
Going to do anything for the left's shekels

You realize yes that "process and procedure" are the chief weapons of the judicial system, a system that is increasingly in support of Trump with every passing day. Plus, since the land is not in California, it could not go to the 9th circuit. Courts can fast track whatever cases them deem important. I guarantee you, this case would go quickly.

damn this is one rare merchant

The government has just cause. That's already demonstrated. This is not the first time the Government has seized borderlands. When you consider that the government is not fully seizing the lands, but simply making use of a small portion of the land, it gets even more clear. If you intentionally buy land to obstruct national defense, that's treason. The fact that they've openly admitted their intent makes it a pretty open shut case. They have no long-standing ownership, they have no use for it, they are not living on it, they have no plans to resell or tun over at a higher price. The sole intent, clearly and concisely expressesed prior to purchase, is to obstruct the federal governments efforts to maintain national security. It's pretty difficult for a land dispute case to get any more clear cut than that.

aww man

>politically incorrect game
>stunt is extremely politically correct
this doesn't really fit in with their business model

I got it from a merchant thread, also check'd

The land is in California. We have to build fences on our side. They built portions of the fence in 2006 on the Mexican side and they had to be dug up and reestablished on the US side:
cbsnews.com/news/border-fence-built-in-mexico-by-mistake/

For the land NOT in California you still have other states and tribes with ownership and a shitload of private owners across thousands of miles of border.

This will not be a quick or easy process barring some shocking ruling from the supreme court.

You realize 99% of the people on the border, if not more, are Trump voters right? Literally every major landowner living on the border wants illegal immigration to stop. And, if these people are reckless with their fundraising, they really don't want to show up in court. What happens when they get money from La Raza with Mexican sources? A good rule of thumb is not to mess with international affairs unless you really know what you're doing.

All of the elements you're stating, given the current climate would actually speed up the trial. It would be relatively easy for the Supreme Court to scoop up a single emblematic case to instantly raise up and decide, so that each other case has a clear standard to follow. G.o. b.a.c.k. t.o. r.e.d.d.i.t.

The fact that you're still going on about their use for the land shows you're not understanding how this is going to work. What a citizen wants the land for is irrelevant.

It's a case they will probably lose in the long run, but it's a system that BY DESIGN is slow and tough and especially critical on the government, in the same way and for the same reason that a prosecutor has to demonstrate "Beyond a shadow of a doubt", because the government is naturally a big thing compared to individuals and therefore the latter needs systemic advantages built in to prevent abuse by the former. Everything about this is set up in a way that will allow delays on top of delays on top of delays. If all you want to do is stall then boy fuckin' howdy can you do it for a long, long, goddamn time. The thing is that most people don't want to spend their years fighting the government and would rather have it be over, so they don't.

On top of that if you have a judge that is overtly pro-trump and skips steps, the attorney just swaps to criticizing their credibility and the system enters a different phase wherein the judicial branch now has to prove that their system is going to be impartial and decide based on the facts.

Also I cannot stress to you how fucking stupid it is to insist that it's treason. If you say it like "It's obstructing national defense" then sure, but that's not what either side of the case is going to say. The foundation of the case to begin with is the question of whether it's necessary for national defense, and there are plenty of perspectives that would suggest that it is not that you'll never in a million years have that stick. Federal reps will not bring it up because they don't want to drag the case into a wild, ridiculous direction that would cause DELAYS and CAH won't (Even though their goal is to cause delays) because going into court to say "We might be committing treason and I want to talk about that to make delays" wouldn't work out.

>not exploiting consumer "rationality"
>implying the market doesn't find cures for everything

You probably are too intelligent

I want the wall. I have been involved in numerous lawsuits (as an employee of someone on the receiving end), INCLUDING by government agencies, and some of those cases are going on after 10+ years. None involve national security, but I disagree. The main problem is you just don't get to skip all the circuit courts and their calendars and delays and go "Hi SCOTUS, take over pls :-)"

Even fast track to the supreme court over the immigration ban took 8 months, and that's something that federal authority already gave the president the right to do. Eminent domain is WAY murkier, you're going to have a shitload more aggrieved parties in the US who stand to lose, and it's going to take WAY longer.

>let's spend money to make things even more expensive for the tax payer
They don't even make an attempt at rational thought.

>What is Eminent Domain
Are leftists really this retarded?

How did a party game that orbits around triggering people get infiltrated by cucks?

Like, seriously. Find a lawyer. If you happen to have one personally go pop them an email and ask, generically, if it was your intent to deliberately make things SLOW, how tough that would be. They'll have a chuckle to say the least. With everyone involved trying to get it done it's a slug. With one side deliberately fucking around to drag it out? You'd need a goddamn microscope to track progress.

It's one of the biggest flaws of our legal system. It's why PETA can ruin a mans life over a monkey taking his own picture with a camera. It's why corporations and celebrities regularly ruin people over cases they had no way to WIN. To be in court is to be spending money. If the other side has more money, they can make things last long enough to force you to give up. Strategically the way you win anything is not to take victory directly, but to make your enemy unwilling to pursue his own victory any longer.

Here, that won't work. Government is too big to stall out. But nowhere is their intent to STOP the wall, it is to make it take longer, be more expensive, and be frustrating. That they can do. Easily.

Pretend to be misanthropes who don't give a shit, except you can't be mean to brown people. Pure reddit

>It's called imminent domain, folks.

Eminem domain, coffee pot.

DRUMPFF

TWO SCOOPZ

seriously anyone who was even slightly left-of-center or an "intellectual" thinks of trump as an abomination.

It is absolutely relevant. In all questions of government actions versus citizen action is the question of public benefit versus private benefit. Just like there is innocent before proven guilty, the baseline assumption is that any private benefit trumps government interest. The government must prove how the public benefit overwhelms the private interest. To prove, they must show clear and present impact. It can't just be a hunch, or a want, or a guess, or any other loose, vague interest. It must be measured. This is then weighed against the private interest. If the private interest is to harm the United States and to aid its enemies, that is absolutely relevant. For one, it could void the initial purchase of the land. It doesn't matter what either side is going to say in court, because one side already admitted its intent in open and clear language. Cards Against Humanity could hardly be any more explicit in saying their intent is to prevent the United States from building this wall, motivated by sympathy for foreign agents. Furthermore, this is precisely the kind of case the Executive would want to drag into public view. This kind of behavior makes democrats look absolutely wretched and traitorous. If this conversation took up enough of the national conversation, the court would have little choice but to fast track if they wanted to maintain their appearance of impartiality. If we all know it's going to go to the supreme court anyways, it would look like partisanship for them to delay it. It's not a matter of skipping steps. It's a matter of the supreme court actively stepping in and deciding that this case is too important to relegate to lower courts. Given that it is a federal land dispute, it automatically has jurisdiction, and could potentially be originally tried by the Supreme Court, versus just reviewed. G.o. B.a.c.k. t.o. R.e.d.d.i.t.

bitches don't know bout imminent domain

Reddit spacing. You're lying. The travel ban was less clear cut. It didn't challenge the order on Trump's authority to make it, but rather that the language was too broad and so affected people and families that were already here, or who fell beyond the scope of the national security issue. If someone openly admitted through a variety of social networks that they intended to obstruct our military, or our border patrol, or our TSA, they would be prevented from entering this country, and never get a day in court.

Paragraphs are reddit.

It's pretty amazing how quickly you've all collapsed and fallen in to disarray. You can't even figure out how to stymie a goddamned christmas promotion from a board game maker.

newfag

Idiot.

>reddit spacing
What the fuck does that even mean? I actually format my posts instead of posting everything in one long chain? Jesus christ dude, get a grip.

I'm done arguing with you. I voted for Trump in New York, where fuck you if you're not from NYC, your vote is meaningless even though more than 85% of the counties in the state vote majority republican.

You are ignorant in how our legal system works and how long this shit actually takes when people want to fight. I am part of a lawsuit between two private parties and a government agency (with other third party defendants), it has been FIVE FUCKING YEARS and it hasn't even reached jury trial yet. Once a jury trial is in you get to go to the first set of appeals. Then you get ANOTHER. And in federal courts, yet ANOTHER. The government entity is using the same public interest defense and it has done nothing but slow things down as it adds another legal argument. (The government knows this and is trying to bleed the plaintiff dry on legal spending).

>Paragraphs are reddit.
This seriously, holy shit.

lurk moar, shills

While you were busy studying the law, I was busy studying the blade.

Both of us have said repeatedly the case won't win. It's just a matter of delay, which is easy to do in almost any case but particularly in these.

Trump can't slap his dick into the court and make it not be what it is. Deal with that however you like.

I have a feeling this game won't sell so well this Christmas. lmao

>defending one of the most idiotic plans of all time
>deal with it
You know what, you've earned your .025 cents today.

I hope an illegal brutally kills someone near and dear to this shitrag.

This. These people are stupid.

>buy land on the Mexican border
but the wall is being built on the american side?

this

>buy plot of land to block wall
>AHAHAH DRUMPF BTFO YOUR CAMPAIGN IS FINISHED
>wall just moves North far enough to bypass plot, walling it off on Mexican side

reminder that CAH founders literally worked for Democrats in the past.

reminder that CAH removed cards like "Date rape" and "Passable transvestites" from the game over the years because in a game about crossing as many lines as possible, some lines have since become sacred tenants of the liberal groupthink

I met some of the CAH guys at a con once, a friend introduced me to them. they were just as smug and smarmy in person as you'd expect. one of them literally apologized to a black person for being white, which was the first time I've ever seen that happen irl and not just in internet shitposts.

Thanks Pablo

>I literally don't know how courts work on the most basic of levels please rape my face