What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Was is hot or cold?

>there are people who actually picked Collette

best girl in the game

Best girl was teacher

I remember playing ToS with my Vietnamese friend and his older brother when I was a wee lad. She was best girl for sure.

only because they don't know.

Sheena > Raine > Presea > Collette

Patrician taste, friend.

>Sheena > Raine > Presea > Collette

MY BROTHERAN

Demon Fang

Double Demon Fang

Fierce Demon Fang

It was cold

Colette is far from my favorite girl, but character wise I felt like her and Lloyd worked best together. Two boring retards belong together.

Personally my list goes
Raine > Sheena > Colette = Presea
Nothing against Presea but she's got the personality of a dingleberry, and literally adds nothing to the story aside from being the token loli

No

>Not spamming Beast to victory

>knockdown

No

Sheena > Raine > Colette > Persea
but I went with Colette because

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who didn't kill Zelos in their playthrough

Colette is a boring airhead and Raine is a bit of a bitch with mommy issues. Presea >>> Sheena

Reminder that Colette is a product of deliberate inbreeding.

>killing based Zelos and liking the shitty kuudere

>picking Zelos the manslut over Kratos the god of war
why

>not picking a genius

Because they both live if you pick Zelos, no one loses out that way. You can still visit Kratos whenever you want.

Zelos only chose the path he did in that one ending because he wanted to die so his sister could finally be free. He knew you would get back Collette either way, he just couldn't deal with his life. In the normal ending Lloyd trusts Zelos and treats him human, its the first time he hasn't felt like someone's tool and actually felt human. He tries to respond. 99% of Zelos character is a facade that he puts on.

The manga version of it actually handles his story pretty well. I almost feel like story-timing it.

>liking the edgelord

Also people tend to miss out the bonus scenes with him in the game. His mother died in front of him cursing him for being born. his sister curses him because her mother was killed due to him. Everyone he's ever known treated him as just a tool or title. No one ever gave a shit, even when he started putting on some Bruce Wayne type ladies man persona.

Sheena is love

>hey guys, our prospering world is being threatened by destruction
>oh no what can we do?
>let's send our clumsiest, stupidest, weakest assassin and her pet chihuahua to fight the enemy

What could go wrong?

Trying to replay Abyss again, and everyone is a bitch or a asshole or something similar

Have to get past the first third of the game before it gets decent enough. Its a game about only terrible people, and Guy.

Her grandfather was the chief, so it was probably his final say. Plus there were NPCs who disagreed with the decision, including a ninja who joined the Designs(?) and had a 1v1 with Sheena over it.

and I mean get past the first third, because at least Luke gets passed being an asshole. Which is more than I can say for some of them. Regardless he had a good character arc as well.

Also Ion was alright I guess.

She was breast girl

At least Tear is great and sexy and you have Guy.
I'm playing Eternia right now (trying to get Efreet) and I don't like any character.

I picked Kratos for maximum comedy.

>grab beach outfits before
>kill Zelos
>he dies in swim trunks

Honestly, that's one of my favorite parts about Abyss. It feels more organic that no one gets along and is wary of each other in the beginning. It really makes the end have a larger impact, because they actually grew as a group to respect and care about each other.

Based

>token loli

But isnt she in her 30's or something?

I love her but it does seem like a bad call to send her. Even all else aside she's way to much of a softy to merc somebody in cold blood.

>at least Luke gets passed being an asshole

When he stops being an asshole he goes from the one extreme to another and became a phenomenal pussy.

Fuck it wasn't even his fault shit went bad but the party basically threw him to wolves because he had the audacity to listen to the guy treated him like a son instead of three enemy soldiers, a spoiled princess and his butler.

And that's why Guy was the best. He was the only one to acknowledge that he was partially to blame for Luke's poor decision-making skills and tried to make amends.

fucking this. all memes aside: luke did nothing wrong. he was literally cloned 10 years before the events of the story, making him a 10 year old. Van was the true villain and mastermind. No one blamed Fon Master Ion for helping Van and instead Luke got all the shit. pre-haircut Luke was fucking based and they went and ruined him into becoming generic beta MC no. 7245.

Jade has a significant portion of the blame for making Luke a possibility and he regrets the damn creation of the process like nothing else.

Actually, Asch was 10 when he was kidnapped and his clone was born, so Luke only had the mental age of a 7 year-old.

I like to think he became generic beta MC because, as a 7 year-old having to own up to what he did (despite him being tricked), thought that giving in to the demands of everyone else was the way to do it. And that being nice to everyone was the way to keep them from blaming him for everything else. It must've been hell for him post-haircut.

>Asch was 10 when he was kidnapped and his clone was born, so Luke only had the mental age of a 7 year-old
yes, this. it's been a while since I've watched the """"""anime"""""" so I got my numbers mixed up. you know, because this is an anime discussion.

Zelos was a god-tier comedic-relief and it's a shame most people never did any of the side quests or chats that pop up because of the way the game is designed.

>branching paths on how/when to complete certain objectives
>completing them in different orders results in different dialogue later on
>side quests that are only available during certain parts of the game and only in previous towns
>several points of no return on many side quests and cut scenes

I played through the game 8 times, once for each ending, when I was growing up, and each time I managed to unlock different scenes I hadn't seen in prior runs.

I can't really imagine Lloyd with anyone other than her, so of course I did.

Gaming the affection system and waiting till the absolute last moment for Sidequests so that the Raine version of the cutscene would play out was a bit hard, but she is my Tales Waifu

I wish I was an ancient ruin so Raine could explore me

At least the spinoff Tales games seem to prefer long-haired Luke.

Jade literally did everything, but he's sarcastic and remorseless about anything he's done, so trying to pin the blame on him would never work. He'd use some sort of wordplay out of it.

Hell, Jade created Van as well in a sense

>Jade
>remorseless

His entire charatcer arc is pretty much based on how much shit he regretted he did, with his teacher being top of the list.

Watching this after playing the game was almost painful. Major plot points changed around everywhere. Is this what it's like for manga adaptations, too?

Zelos is the best character on the overworld because you get free items from talking to female NPCs

Lets get some Zelos backstory

This is all canon, in the game

In very easy to miss scenes

Based on Japanese proverb :
'The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down'.
Luke's character stand too much so they need to hammer him down. It's pretty norm in Japan. So yeah, his party is bunch of dick.

>dumping manga to keep the thread from being deleted because of all the vidya discussion
based user

>Sheena's outfit when you pick her to go on a date with

MUH

Damn Sheena, no need to be so subtle.

Alright, back to this